Tips to avoid PAYPAL (US) stealing your money after 180 DAYS limitation! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-09-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Tips to avoid PAYPAL (US) stealing your money after 180 DAYS limitation!

Hello guys,

this is just to give you a tip about HOW to avoid PAYPAL US stealing your money for "AUP Violation" after the 180 days of limitation of the account passed.

I have read many cases here and on other forums where people found their PAYPAL account balance go suddenly to zero or even negative, while waiting 180 days for the money to be released!
A tactic used by PAYPAL to make good amount of money! They will suddenly claim that you have caused them different damages and simply transfer your money to their account!

At least in the US, there is something preventive you can do to "avoid" this, especially if you know you didn't violate any policies, almost no chargebacks etc.

Once you receive the email that they initiated the closure of your account and that they will release your money within (up to) 180 days, go DIRECTLY on BBB.org and fill a complaint against them, asking to re-activate your account and explain why you think you didn't violate any policy and that there should be a mistake somewhere.

Now only 2 things could happen:

1) They will reinstate your account (YES! can happen and happened already many times to many people!)

2) They will write back that they have checked your case and decided to not reinstate your account. They will release your money after 180 days.

In case of 2), Screenshot/print it and keep it safe as future evidence!

Later if for any reason, they decide to "steal" your money, use that proof when you will communicate with them (either directly or through their lawyer or abr or whatever) to remember them that they checked already and said they will release your money after 180 days to prevent any chargeback!

This is for USA.

For EU, I'm not sure if there is something working like BBB.
You need to find a way to put pressure.

Myself has been victim of PAYPAL, years ago they stole from my stealth more than 10k (F**KE REASON: AUP VIOLATION, without even a single chargeback). I was not aware of all this.

I hope this can help you guys in the future.

Feel free to share your experience and give more advices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to @NasterXchange For This Useful Post:
brocoli (11-11-2023), Porav (07-30-2023)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Tips to avoid PAYPAL (US) stealing your money after 180 DAYS limitation!

Nice write-up OP
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
@NasterXchange (12-10-2022)
Old 12-27-2022

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Tips to avoid PAYPAL (US) stealing your money after 180 DAYS limitation!

I can tell you that this does't work for stealth paypal, because you will not prove that the account is really yours, it may work for your personal account or business account, but not for stealth paypal.

The first thing you must prove is that the account and name are yours and not someone else.

Last edited by Pakson; 12-27-2022 at 08:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pakson For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (11-12-2023)
Old 12-30-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakson View Post
I can tell you that this does't work for stealth paypal, because you will not prove that the account is really yours, it may work for your personal account or business account, but not for stealth paypal.

The first thing you must prove is that the account and name are yours and not someone else.
is it that difficult to prove it?
Old 12-30-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
is it that difficult to prove it?
IMHO it's not about proving to them, more that they can do whatever they want and lie to you even when you bend over backwards and do everything correctly.

They are not to be trusted.
Old 01-08-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
IMHO it's not about proving to them, more that they can do whatever they want and lie to you even when you bend over backwards and do everything correctly.

They are not to be trusted.
They hope that you will not be able to prove the owner of the account if you are not one, even if you sell something that violates the rules of paypal

When you write to BBB the complain, they can only send you the reason for your restriction and the funds they are withdrawing, and no court will prove this.

Last edited by Pakson; 01-08-2023 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2023
Executive [VIP]

Smoke and mirrors at times indeed, Pakson
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Pakson (01-08-2023)
Old 01-15-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakson View Post
They hope that you will not be able to prove the owner of the account if you are not one, even if you sell something that violates the rules of paypal

When you write to BBB the complain, they can only send you the reason for your restriction and the funds they are withdrawing, and no court will prove this.
This is correct.

Unfortunately new comers don't know this so we have to keep repeating this info
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Pakson (01-17-2023)
Old 11-11-2023

Longevity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
Hello guys,

this is just to give you a tip about HOW to avoid PAYPAL US stealing your money for "AUP Violation" after the 180 days of limitation of the account passed.

I have read many cases here and on other forums where people found their PAYPAL account balance go suddenly to zero or even negative, while waiting 180 days for the money to be released!
A tactic used by PAYPAL to make good amount of money! They will suddenly claim that you have caused them different damages and simply transfer your money to their account!

At least in the US, there is something preventive you can do to "avoid" this, especially if you know you didn't violate any policies, almost no chargebacks etc.

Once you receive the email that they initiated the closure of your account and that they will release your money within (up to) 180 days, go DIRECTLY on BBB.org and fill a complaint against them, asking to re-activate your account and explain why you think you didn't violate any policy and that there should be a mistake somewhere.

Now only 2 things could happen:

1) They will reinstate your account (YES! can happen and happened already many times to many people!)

2) They will write back that they have checked your case and decided to not reinstate your account. They will release your money after 180 days.

In case of 2), Screenshot/print it and keep it safe as future evidence!

Later if for any reason, they decide to "steal" your money, use that proof when you will communicate with them (either directly or through their lawyer or abr or whatever) to remember them that they checked already and said they will release your money after 180 days to prevent any chargeback!

This is for USA.

For EU, I'm not sure if there is something working like BBB.
You need to find a way to put pressure.

Myself has been victim of PAYPAL, years ago they stole from my stealth more than 10k (F**KE REASON: AUP VIOLATION, without even a single chargeback). I was not aware of all this.

I hope this can help you guys in the future.

Feel free to share your experience and give more advices.
I'll tell you what, this is actually a good method to use if you can indeed prove ownership of the account in the court of law because that's mostly likely the extent to which you would have to go to get your funds back. However in some cases where you can't prove ownership you can still get lucky with an effective demand letter if your account met certain criteria and hasn't raised too many flags. So overall salute to OP, because this is good advice and something to hold a specific employee accountable oppose to holding a automated response accountable.
Old 11-12-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%

But do you still get to use Paypal?
what happens to your Paypal account?
Old 11-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
But do you still get to use Paypal?
what happens to your Paypal account?
Still feels like it would be axed by PP due to "high security risk" claim regardless of case outcome
Old 11-12-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%

amzn also something something similar to Paypal but fee is much higher