Can you Create Multiple Paypal Accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-31-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Can you Create Multiple Paypal Accounts?

Can you create multiple paypal accounts with the same IP without getting limited? For example I create an account for my Wife under her name, and I create an other account for me under my name with the same address and same IP would it limit the accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Make them, don't use them. They don't get limited That of course defeats the purpose of your question.

Do you want to have more than one paypal account to match up to ebay accounts? If that is the case, the IPs will need to be different.
With paypal, there are two MOST important words. Link and limit.
Link means matching info that may in turn cause paypal to limit accounts. 99% of users will have a limitation. Fact of paypal.

How that is avoided/minimised depends on numerous factors.
SO is your aim to use paypal successfully? Let me know
Old 12-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Pretty much yes I dont want to use it with ebay, but my wife wants to have her own separate account. So that would be two accounts from the same Ip. Of course we would be using them but not for funds any more than about 700$ or so. We arnt wanting to do anything big, but send and receive a few payments here and there.
Old 12-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

If one goes down, so will the other, sooner or later. But if whatever you are doing with your accounts are legit and the account is actually in your name, you should be absolutely fine.
Old 01-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedtwilight View Post
Pretty much yes I dont want to use it with ebay, but my wife wants to have her own separate account. So that would be two accounts from the same Ip. Of course we would be using them but not for funds any more than about 700$ or so. We arnt wanting to do anything big, but send and receive a few payments here and there.
For off ebay transactions, it is slightly different. You could have the same IP, with different names as you said. The main point is to verifiy them and use them correctly. Eg, that $1000 you get from Uncle Bob and send onto Aunty Sue might cause flags with paypal. Ordinary transactions are usually OK.
It boils down to it's paypal so be careful.

Would any info have been used B4? That's a possible problem I should mention.
Old 01-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
For off ebay transactions, it is slightly different. You could have the same IP, with different names as you said. The main point is to verifiy them and use them correctly. Eg, that $1000 you get from Uncle Bob and send onto Aunty Sue might cause flags with paypal. Ordinary transactions are usually OK.
It boils down to it's paypal so be careful.

Would any info have been used B4? That's a possible problem I should mention.
Opps, sorry I meant Paypal not ebay. The address would be the same, names would be different. Credit Card info would be different for both paypal accounts. IP would obviously be the same. I heard that maybe cleaning out cookies each time you login could prevent limitation?
Old 01-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Stop already with this thought: paypal will limit an account IF paypal wants to limit it. That's the joy of using them.

Bit confused still, is there ANY info that has been used B4 with paypal: anything at all? This is a crucial answer I would like