Any recommended substitute of PAYPAL? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Any recommended substitute of PAYPAL?

Paypayl limited my account. I tried to registed MoneyBrokers, but I was asked for SSN....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2010

Longevity: 83%

get a credit card merchant account (they do ask for a SSN because they have a insurer write a policy for you (underwriter)..... but its simple takes a few days, then you can take a credit card directly with no paypal.... simple, I got a credit card terminal (tranz 380) so I dont have a gateway fee.

just 9.95/mo and 2.27% basically the same as paypal cept that you do have the $9.95/mo and takes the same to get your cash in your acct (2-3 days)
Old 01-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam98 View Post
get a credit card merchant account (they do ask for a SSN because they have a insurer write a policy for you (underwriter)..... but its simple takes a few days, then you can take a credit card directly with no paypal.... simple, I got a credit card terminal (tranz 380) so I dont have a gateway fee.

just 9.95/mo and 2.27% basically the same as paypal cept that you do have the $9.95/mo and takes the same to get your cash in your acct (2-3 days)
Thank you for the reply.

But I do have more than 3 ebay accounts which opened not under my real name.

If I use the credit card merchant account. any one of my ebay accounts got blocked. Will my merchant account go to ebay's blacklist as well?
Old 01-04-2010

Nope ! If you get a merchant account, it will have NOTHING to do with Ebay, they can not "link" you with a merchant account to share info etc.

A merchant account is for you to accept credit cards DIRECTLY (what I do now) this way no more hassles/mess with payponzi and thier scams !

Only thing I do differently on ebay is I DO NOT checkmark PAYPAL as a option, I just checkmark VISA/MC then the buyer contacts me directly (tel) and gives me thier card # and I run it through get it approved, ship the item, and then I have the $$ within usually 24-48 hours (same as paypal usually does!) that simple

If you want contact me via PM and Ill give ya the details
Old 01-05-2010

Activity: 31%

Well look he selling from china...If he do the samething I bet 9 of 10 buyers won't go through with it.Chinese sellers must use paypal or byebye to ebay.

Last edited by philly387; 01-05-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: don't be rude
Old 01-07-2010
BeachBoy

Longevity: 0%

You probably dont get a lot of buyers, do you? You are requiring that buyers message you their credit card details! Thats asking too much.
Old 01-07-2010

Actually I DO, I dont ask buyers to send me thier cc details, either they call me (usually because they want the item they purchased) or I call them, there is a LOT of MERCHANTS on ebay that DO NOT take paypal, and have thier own merchant accounts. If your selling items that cost maybe just a few dollars I can see why they dont waste thier time to call you with thier credit card #. Doing business with A merchant account is no different than doing a phone order with a company. But with a merchant account they dont try to play police like paypal does and hold your funds, or raise a red flag when you withdraw a few hundred dollars.
Old 01-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

That just seems like a hassle to have to call the customer everytime you sell an item and manually input credit card information. Doesn't seem fun at all.
Old 01-07-2010

not ath bad really, WAY less stress than having paypal put either a 21 day hold or limiting your account and having to provide this and that and freezing your $$$ that they generally like to steak "in case" they get a chargeback etc. Plus 99% of people have free long distance these days (cell etc)

I dont have to use dial-up or log on different user accounts or worry about paypal freezing my acct because of a lame reason, I usually get my $$ within 1-2 days If I wanted to get all fancy I could direct the winning buyer to a website to put in thier details, but some dont like that and its more personable to do a 1 minute phone call to get thier details etc. Plus after I SHIP the item I dont have to worry about PAYPAL Cancelling a withdrawl or anything... or saying to myself "Will it go through and Will I get the money" etc.

Old 01-07-2010
BeachBoy

Longevity: 0%

You should of used authorize.net as a payment gateway with Merchant Plus. That way, the customer goes through a ebay checkout and pays you. A lot faster and better.
Old 02-07-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
You should of used authorize.net as a payment gateway with Merchant Plus. That way, the customer goes through a ebay checkout and pays you. A lot faster and better.
Can you use this on a stealth account or has to be a real account with your personal info?
Old 02-14-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post

What kind of credit rating do you have to have to go through merchant plus?