eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal asking for money to remove limitation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/16041-paypal-asking-money-remove-limitation.html)

testing 01-22-2010 10:04 AM

Paypal asking for money to remove limitation

Paypal have limited my account and asked me to:

provide tracking info for 5 items - which I have done
provide supplier info - which I have done
restore any outstanding balances on linked accounts - here is where I have the problem.

I don't want to pay them £250 until they review the first two steps and clarify they have been completed successfully, I have £1200 stuck in my paypal account and dont want to be a fool to pay more money and end up with a dead account.

Please advise!

aking 01-22-2010 10:13 AM

Might as well just pay it using your paypal funds. What do you have to lose? Your account is already limited. At least you'll still have $1k if they do decide to lift the limitation.

testing 01-22-2010 10:37 AM

Won't let me pay with paypal funds - asking to pay through EOS debt collection.

hondaman350 01-22-2010 10:39 AM

do what they want and call them and they should lift it.

testing 01-22-2010 11:23 AM

should lift it?

I don't want to be another £250 out of pocket if they are just going to close my acccount.

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 11:37 AM

How have they linked you?

If you can you should deny any knowledge of another account!

CaptainJack

testing 01-22-2010 11:41 AM

I have denied all knowledge, however they say they debt is in my name and I am liable to pay it.

They wont give me an answer as to whether my account will be unlimited if i do pay it.

They say you must first complete all steps and then have your account reviewed.

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 11:44 AM

Accept no responsibility for this account then - it is unlikely you will get your recently limited account back if you do pay, especially if the other one has gone to the collectors.

You will just be down £250! Refuse to pay anything and tell them you want your money.

CaptainJack

testing 01-22-2010 05:26 PM

Yeah, I have told them that I will pay if they can guarantee they will unlimit my current account. If not then I will refund most of the payments and move to nochex or if someone can recommend a better alternative.

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 05:32 PM

You definately won't get that gurantee. And by trying to make a deal you have effectively accepted responsibility for the other linked account.

The only real alternative is getting a merchant account approved.

Captainjack.

GreenBean 01-22-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondaman350 (Post 121316)
do what they want and call them and they should lift it.

In your dreams!

HIGHLY unlikely they will restore the account(s)

It's a trick by paypal to try to get money. Read what the OP says. They want payment thro' a DEBT COLLECTOR.

Don't be saying silly things that newbies might believe. If this has gone on to debt collections, no account will be unlimited to be used again.

testing 01-22-2010 06:12 PM

ok what's the alternative?

I told paypal I have no relationship with the linked account but am happy to pay the debt so long as they restore my actual account. Am waiting for their response.

OfficialGenius 01-22-2010 06:30 PM

I'm going through a smimlar situation. I've been on -600 for a few years and I am now finally deciding to pay soon. I called them up and all the steps are completed, what's left for me is to just pay the negative balance on my account and he said that's all we are waiting on to fully restore your account! I think I have to pay the debt collector though since It's been gone through collections... :pout:

testing 01-22-2010 06:36 PM

Yes that is what i'm being told - however they say i need to resolve an issue on the previous account. And they also say they can't guarantee the account will be restored - the senior department will only look at my account once i clear this debt then make a decision.

Lyda 01-22-2010 07:15 PM

Like GB said, it won't be restored. Never saw this happen before....

GreenBean 01-22-2010 07:37 PM

Genius and testing,

Don't take the risk. Both of your scenarios are similar. They ask you to do A and promise B. You do A and B never happens.

You are nothing but a statistic, to them, that owes money. :peace:

OfficialGenius 01-22-2010 08:30 PM

I do want my account back and If I was to pay them, I would record the conversation and write their name just in case so I have proof anyways. This account is somewhat valuable to me since It's about 3-4 years old and has the paypal debit card(expired) attached to it. I think I will try my chances as long as I have all the evidence in my hands.

revenge 01-23-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 121417)
I do want my account back and If I was to pay them, I would record the conversation and write their name just in case so I have proof anyways. This account is somewhat valuable to me since It's about 3-4 years old and has the paypal debit card(expired) attached to it. I think I will try my chances as long as I have all the evidence in my hands.

Yes, I agree and I also record all my call silently.

revenge 01-23-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 121399)
I'm going through a smimlar situation. I've been on -600 for a few years and I am now finally deciding to pay soon. I called them up and all the steps are completed, what's left for me is to just pay the negative balance on my account and he said that's all we are waiting on to fully restore your account! I think I have to pay the debt collector though since It's been gone through collections... :pout:

I am in the same situation when I called 4 weeks ago. This is what they will do.

1) You pay your PayPal account balance through their collection. (they will transfer the call to that department)

2) Then they will review your account (THIS MEANS THEY WILL DO A CREDIT CHECK). * Also they will check if you owe eBay as well (paying ebay collection).

Before you decide to pay PayPal collection, you have to ask yourself these questions.

Question #1

What is my credit score?

Question #2

Does my credit score classified me as a risk?

Question # 3

Is eBay ok with me or do I owe them some money?

Question # 4

Did I perform good on eBay with a good feedback score of 95% and above?

Question # 5

Was the account before the limitation at least 6 month old?

Question # 6

Was my DSR high? or Was my selling feedback over 20 and positive over 95%

Question # 7

a) Do I have other eBay accounts that had a PayPal limitation on it and were they linked (same name with address and same cause for limitations) ?

b) Are there any owed balance on them

c) Do those accounts pass questions # 3, 4, 5 and 6

__________________________________________________ ___________
If you answer are exactly like this :

Question #1
Yes

Question # 2

No

Question # 3

No, I do not owe eBay money.

Question # 4

Yes

Question # 5

Yes

Question # 6

Yes

Question # 7

a) How many were linked? (less then 3 linked) ok *Make sure you tell them that you created another account as a second chance from a lesson learned from your 1st PayPal account. You also can say your need to make purchases from a seller on ebay that only accepted PayPal, therefore you were force to create another account to buy on ebay and them you later on decide to give selling another try.

b) Willing to pay them is a good sign

c) Must pass Question # 3, 4, 5 and 6

The questions in red should be the most important to pass.
If your answers are correct like the on ones under the line above then you will pass the review and have your account restored. NOW DON"T DO WHAT YOU DID THAT GOT YOU LIMITED AGAIN! FOLLOW EBAY POLICY AND STUDY IT EVERY NOW AND THEN SO YOUR UPDATED. DO WHAT IS RIGHT.

Ask yourself these question?

What does ebay policy have to say or address regarding the items I want to sell?
What does ebay policy say about limitations? (some sellers with high DSR that met certain requirements will not have there funds on hold).
What is the safest way to list?
What is the safest way to ship? (use UPS Tracking or usps tracking not usps delivery confirmation on high risk items, use insurance for shipping as well).
What happens if I don't follow their policy?
Should I follow their policy? Should I read it?
If I damage my credit report will it affect my selling (PayPal, Authorizenet, Merchant Plus, Chexsystems, Credit = buy or selling with no money). Do these merchants and banks need my credit report so I can continue selling without no interruptions, being classified as high risk or receiving limitations.
What would sprint say on my credit report? "This asshole didn't pay us" Will PayPal think I will dodge my customer too base on the info on my credit report? Is that the reason why they hold my funds? :doh:

Ask yourself many questions and answer them that will prevent you from getting limited again. This time do what is right or what ebay and paypal consider to be right.

Learn how to kiss ass by doing what's right in their eyes or else you'll get your ass kick again lol :laugh:

GreenBean 01-23-2010 02:03 AM

^^^You should add do I have other accounts that might get linked IF there is close scrutiny by paypal/ebay?

It's a risk that should be considered

NZT 01-23-2010 04:22 AM

testing, in my opinion I would cut ties with both accounts. I wouldnt pay them anything. How old is the £250 debt? If this account has your real details then the debt collectors will contact you in writing. To be honest if they write to you I would pay off the debt. Its not so easy to ignore if they can just arrive at your door.

If the debt is older, ie over 1 year then forget both PP accounts. The problem you have is that they are now both linked and even if you pay the £250 there is no guarantee that they will lift limits on either account.

If you pay they may quote that you have broken their terms and conditions etc.

My advice is to consider the £250 a severence payment, set up a nice new ebay and paypal account and start again. Its a pain, but you can be up and running again in 3 weeks.

Dont be tempted to use these old linked ebay accounts again.

revenge 01-23-2010 04:54 AM

^^^^
And after 3 weeks when he start making money he is back in the same situation as before when they ask him for his ss#. Would that make it worst. If you can fix a problem then fix it, if you have an opportunity to get a fresh start again, another chance then let him go for it if he qualifies. I can tell you a dodger.

If you can't pass those questions up there then use stealth info and work hard to make an effort to pass question 1-7. You will regret if you don't. If ebay and paypal are like this now then you should be ready for the worst. Stealth info won't help you in the future. People are getting credit checked for jobs, apartments, and now selling. You will regret it. Get your act together now before it too late. NWO