eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal Limitation - Asking for Tracking Numbers - Send new parcel???? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/16575-paypal-limitation-asking-tracking-numbers-send-new-parcel.html)

ringer69 02-15-2010 06:10 PM

Paypal Limitation - Asking for Tracking Numbers - Send new parcel????

Hi,

My brother has just had his Paypal account limited - they are asking for the normal ID and tracking number info.

This account is completely legit - he has phoned and spoken to Paypal and they have accepted his ID and invoices.

problem is that delivery on 2 of the 5 tracking numbers they have asked for will take 2 weeks, and at the moment he doesnt have any tracking numbers for the 2.

We are now considering quickly sending another parcel each to these 2 customers with a free gift so that we can give Paypal the tracking numbers and release the limitations.

Question is .... are Paypal likely to phone up the customers and check what was delivered, or will they be happy when checking the delivery website that the 2 extra parcels have been signed for. Has anybody heard of Paypal checking with the customers??
Would be extremely grateful for some quick advise on this because we plan to do it tomorrow.

Thanks

First Edition 02-16-2010 01:34 AM

They will never call a customer. It's up to the customer to contact paypal.

However, just because it hasn't happened to me doesn't mean it's never happened. Very unlikely.

NZT 02-16-2010 04:01 AM

first is right and nowadays most buyers phone or send emails if they are not happy.

If you send this other item you are talking about, if it is not the same as was listed in 99% of cases the buyer will ring or email to say "This is not as described". Then of course PP get involved.

Only a small minority of buyers do not take action, so its best to sort things out as best as possible with the buyer

I have a not received dispute this morning and I posted it without tracking. I cant be bothered with the hassle so I just sent them a polite email saying "I am sorry the item hasnt arrived etc etc" and then I gave them a full refund.

Its often best as to string things along is stressful unless it is a large amount.

ringer69 02-16-2010 07:07 AM

Thanks First and Neo for the reassurance.
What we have done is send an Invoice to both customers with a letter reassuring them that their order is being processed and will be with them soon. The customers are already aware that there is a 2 week wait on delivery so as long as Paypal dont phone them it should be fine.
Thank you both for your time.

First Edition 02-16-2010 09:58 AM

It's always a good practice to set any expectations up front, good choice!

NZT 02-16-2010 11:36 AM

yes thats good, and whether you are pro-active or re-active its always best to sort things out.