My first limitation on my oldest and best account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-02-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default My first limitation on my oldest and best account

I know I have been lucky but I just got my first pp limitation.

One of the worst things about it is was my best and oldest account. Almost a year old.

Then of course I got hit with a large amount of sales over the weekend and had a chunk of money in pp and was going to withdraw some today.

So, I just lost 4k real quick didn't I?

It was the RX1034 limitation asking for everything under the sun.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2010

Longevity: 85%

Ive just been hit with 1 too on one of my accounts, for suspicious activity ?? Done nothing different from the way i have been running it for a year!

asking for suppliers info and tracking numbers!
Old 03-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

lol Sandy I know its hard but you have to try not to get too attached to ebay accounts.

I know what you mean though. After building up some great feedback, creating an about me page and tweaking all the settings to suit you it is very easy to get attached to an account and lol even learn to nuture and love it.

Try to be ruthless though, once they start creating limitations etc you have to be able to just up your tent and move, ie to a nice fresh new sparkling ebay and PP account and literally start again.

It is a pain, but its the only way to go. Always have in the back of your mind that they can limit you at any moment so always have a plan B, C and even a Plan D.

This is now necessary nowadays unless you want to be jumping through hoops faxing them all your information with no guaratee they will lift any suspensions.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-02-2010)
Old 03-10-2010
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
lol Sandy I know its hard but you have to try not to get too attached to ebay accounts.

I know what you mean though. After building up some great feedback, creating an about me page and tweaking all the settings to suit you it is very easy to get attached to an account and lol even learn to nuture and love it.

Try to be ruthless though, once they start creating limitations etc you have to be able to just up your tent and move, ie to a nice fresh new sparkling ebay and PP account and literally start again.

It is a pain, but its the only way to go. Always have in the back of your mind that they can limit you at any moment so always have a plan B, C and even a Plan D.

This is now necessary nowadays unless you want to be jumping through hoops faxing them all your information with no guaratee they will lift any suspensions.
Thanks Neo.

I allowed the account to get too big. My fault.

I was holding a chunk of money back to pay my ebay fees and it was a huge mistake. I was scared to withdrawl money on a daily or weekly basis to my checking acct in fear it would toss up a flag.

Time to move on, now they have done ticked me off and that forces me to work harder and longer to make even more money. :D

And to think I was a good girl and did everything right.

I think I got had by a competitor or something to tell you the truth. Everything was running way to smooth.
Old 03-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Hi Sandy, Also about the 4K you now have locked away. Dont worry about that as you should get this money back.

Both myself and Burning are waiting for the outcomes of monies held in Paypal and we are doing a combination of take action with paypal, and take no action in the hope that all funds will still be available after a Paypal limitation.

Updates will follow on this so you know whether it is worth faxing info to get the money released. As Burning is from the US his results will be more specific to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-12-2010)
Old 03-12-2010
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Hi Sandy, Also about the 4K you now have locked away. Dont worry about that as you should get this money back.

Both myself and Burning are waiting for the outcomes of monies held in Paypal and we are doing a combination of take action with paypal, and take no action in the hope that all funds will still be available after a Paypal limitation.

Updates will follow on this so you know whether it is worth faxing info to get the money released. As Burning is from the US his results will be more specific to you.

Thanks Neo.
Old 03-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Update:

Some users have reported that they still get the email from Paypal after 180 days allowing them to withdraw their funds to the bank account attached to Paypal.

Now the interesting thing is these reports are both from users who took no action and took action. (IE some sent documents by fax to Paypal to verify identity etc)

This is the case for both UK and US users.

However this is for standard PP limitation, ie: what them deem suspicious activity and other such basic reasons for limitations.

More "serious" breaches may lead to different outcomes. Also the amounts locked in Paypal that I have been discussing with other users have all been around the £1000 or $1000 mark.
Old 03-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Oh yes, and the other issue seems to be with adding a bank account to Paypal after the 180 days passes. It has been reported that a change in the user agreement of Paypals can make this difficult.

I have yet to confirm this issue for myself though but the main tip here is not to get jumpy and either try to remove a bank account or cancel the bank account while Paypal is holding money.

Some do this as they are worried Paypal will make debits from their account.
Old 03-13-2010
Banned
Threadstarter  

I agree, that would be a bad move to change anything at this point.

I just drained the bank account down to nothing just in case they get their grubby hands on it.

Once they start sending back everyone's money for items I cannot ship now and take out my listing fees it will drop a ton real quick.

They locked me out of ebay also so I cannot even ship items people paid for.

And yes, the disputes for items not received are starting to trickle in.

How come some people can withdrawl 400 per day everyday without any problems and others withdrawl 200 or more every few days to a checking and get limited for doing so?

Frustrating to work so hard and have a great account going and they do this.

Kinda kills the good product I was selling so well for a while.
Old 03-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Sandy, from my many experiences with paypal, I have NEVER lost my money from them limiting the account. As a matter of fact, I have ALWAYS gotten the account restored back to good standing every time. No matter what they were asking for. Be it SSN, Credit Check address, Supplier Invoices, Supplier info, Phone number you name it. Its been patched under stealth.

Determination and the mind are the keys to the door.

Trust me.
NZT (03-14-2010)
Old 03-13-2010
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
Sandy, from my many experiences with paypal, I have NEVER lost my money from them limiting the account. As a matter of fact, I have ALWAYS gotten the account restored back to good standing every time. No matter what they were asking for. Be it SSN, Credit Check address, Supplier Invoices, Supplier info, Phone number you name it. Its been patched under stealth.

Determination and the mind are the keys to the door.

Trust me.

I am glad for you. Since I cannot provide almost all the info they want I believe it is gone. The list is long and detailed. I am very determined but seems they went way overboard on asking for tons of info.
Old 03-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Youd be surprised the list paypal has given SWIM (Someone who isnt me). And its been beaten. Contact me via PM.