eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   LIMITED! Nothing new, been there, done that, but have a tricky situation, Need Advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/17844-limited-nothing-new-been-there-done-but-have-tricky-situation-need-advice.html)

Eye Candy Lingerie 04-16-2010 10:16 AM

LIMITED! Nothing new, been there, done that, but have a tricky situation, Need Advice

So once again... the dreaded Limited email arrived yesterday. They want a CRAZY amount of information for a first time limitation, including SSN, which of course, I'm not willing to provide, they also asked for bank statements, address proof, credit check address, supplier info, invoices, etc. I've pretty much chalked this one up, and already had another ebay account marinating just waiting for the day... the only issue on that is, I never opened another paypal at the same time, so the paypal will be brand new. My current ebay account that is linked to the limited paypal is still running smoothly at the moment, but I'm wondering how long I have till it goes down? At the moment, I removed paypal as a payment option on all of my listings, and only have paymate as an option. But here is the 2 questions I have, the first is, IF the paypal account goes into the Neg for prior transactions that I will not fill for not receiving payment, can and will they try to debit the credit card (especially) or bank account on file? The next question is the tricky part. Yesterday, before I could remove paypal as an option on a BIN listing, I sold a $900. lot, and even though I sent the buyer an email telling them NOT to pay through paypal, they paid over $1000. into the limited paypal BEFORE reading the email. :( The buyer emailed me after, apoligizing, and agreeing to pay another way, but I'm not sure how to go about it. The buyer is in France. I definitely want to complete this transaction, will paypal allow me to refund the buyer right away? And if so, what is the best way to collect the payment at this point? Can I open the new paypal and confirm it, and just send a direct invoice to the buyer from it? Or would it be better just to send them to paymate to pay? I'm not familiar with paymate yet, just set up the account and got approved, but never received a payment through them yet. Any Professional advice would be SO SO appreciated!

FattyM 04-16-2010 10:48 AM

You got a lot of information in the post. Try to number or space out your info.

I'll take the easy one:
1) "IF the paypal account goes into the Neg for prior transactions that I will not fill for not receiving payment, can and will they try to debit the credit card (especially) or bank account on file?"

Yes, paypal will try ever legal and illegal means of trying to extract money from you. That means charging your debit card or trying to withdraw form your bank account.
Run don't walk to your bank and either close and open an new account, which you will need anyway for a new paypal, or have the bank put in writing the will block all debit attempts from paypal/ebay.
Then call and report your credit card lost and have them issue you a replacement cards.

2) "I definitely want to complete this transaction, will paypal allow me to refund the buyer right away? And if so, what is the best way to collect the payment at this point?"

I have not had a limited account in awhile, but with last 3 i did have, 2 were able to refund even while limited. Just check the transaction details and see if there is a refund option. I have not used paymate so don't know anything about it, but a brand new paypal account with an overseas $900 sale for its first transaction would almost certainly get payment held or limited.

Eye Candy Lingerie 04-16-2010 12:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Sorry for putting so much into one post, just have that spinning paypal limited mind right now, trying to figure everything out. I was able to refund the buyer, and I'm going to cross my fingers with paymate, I sent her a new invoice with only paymate as an option. If all goes well, I'm only going to use paymate on my new account, and send a paypal invoice ONLY if the buyer insists. Let's see how long my current ebay account stays rockin...