eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   I want to share my paypal story... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/18026-i-want-share-my-paypal-story.html)

FandangoKango 04-22-2010 09:03 PM

I want to share my paypal story...

Alright I have not been suspended before or anything. Ive been using paypal for a few months now more than 6 months and everything is smooth I would sell things on ebay generate maybe from what I had around like phones or anything I had around. I would generate around 100 sometimes in a month or 200 or sometimes nothing in a month. I hit this deal with this guy for 20k and we decide to do it out of ebay and I sent him paypal invoices a few of them and everything is going smooth and yes I have 20k with no limitation and I start the bank transfer asap and next day bam paypal cancelled hold and I was limited. Had to provide everything from social to invoices and I just refunded the guy, but paypal is still trying to find more info. Paypal asked me why I refunded and I said we didn't agree on terms after payment so I refunded him and paypal said well we are going to contact the buyer to make sure everything is fine. So anyway lesson is that even outside of ebay they hold funds if it's something to ship. I'll update if my accounts gets the limitation removed or whatever happens.

First Edition 04-22-2010 09:41 PM

"20k"? Dude, checks are always accepted at my bank :)

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 09:58 AM

I sent him4 invoices of 5k each and each totaled 20k. Well today friday paypal sends me an email saying this:

Hello,

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts
for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close
it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer
complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement options
-----------------------------------

Option 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money
in your PayPal account to refund them.

To refund your buyers:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
3. Click "Contact Customer Service."
4. Under "Choose a Topic," select "Sending/Receiving Money."
5. Under "Choose a Subtopic," select "Refund/Cancel a Payment."
6. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to refund payments.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180
days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 134697)
"20k"? Dude, checks are always accepted at my bank :)

I would of loved to do a check, but the person I sold to software only wanted to do paypal because ebay retarded self just wants users to basically use paypal.

Question? Will my ebay account be deleted or no? Because my ebay account is limited right now due to paypal it says? Please somebody let me know...

oompaloompa 04-23-2010 12:36 PM

ebay account wont be deleted, as you put it, you may become a not registered user (NARU) or it may remain active, either way, its no good for selling on,

make a new paypal and ebay pairing - not linked to old details

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 01:19 PM

I just spoke to ebay chat support and only ebay phone number can help me. chat support told me to call: 1-800-701-ebay... is it worth the call or no? somebody who has had experienced would be nice to tell me if its worth it or no? i don't really care about receiving through paypal as i have to receive like over 10k and some buyers are willing to go through authorize.net as long as they are protected they told me except one that told me no third party billing. I'm currently making a website e-commerence, but I just need to get customers on ebay. So is it worth it or no? Maybe ebay reads messages if I tell them to go to my website after they agree to pay using a merchant?

riversnew 04-23-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Will ebay close my account?
Maybe. But you certainly won't be able to accept PayPal and the only option open to you would be to accept Paymate or Moneybookers?

OfficialGenius 04-23-2010 01:42 PM

So did they permanently close your paypal account?
It looks like the problem was not providing info for each of those items they asked for. Since you seem to be collecting money just fine before that 20k.
What did they ask you that you didn't provide? Be honest. :)

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 01:55 PM

Maybe. But you certainly won't be able to accept PayPal and the only option open to you would be to accept Paymate or Moneybookers? I'm already working on authorize.net and a merchant account to receive the money asap. I don't like long as 21 hold days nor moneybookers wait times. I have over 15 feedback, but less than 10 seller feedback for paymate to accept me.

So did they permanently close your paypal account?
It looks like the problem was not providing info for each of those items they asked for. Since you seem to be collecting money just fine before that 20k.
What did they ask you that you didn't provide? Be honest.... Yes, they closed my account for good with that paypal message they sent me. You can read at the top. The email they sen't me says PAYPAL APPEAL DENIED! Well it was a big order and I wanted to have at least the money in bank account. Honestly, I provided everything. This is the first time they asked me for ssn and I provided it, provided supplier info, invoices, what was the 20k for and since I had refunded the 20k back they probably didn't like that or idk. I did everything and they still closed me. I'm going to call and find out more.

Ebay: This is the ebay message I get when I log-in:
Attention!

We've noticed some activity on your account, and we need your help in verifying some information. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but while we're working things out with you, you'll have limited access to list new items on eBay.

Please proceed to you’re my eBay and follow the steps outlined in the email we sent you. Thanks for your attention to this matter!

I called 1-800 ebay and they told me that I have been a user for about a year and that I have good feedback, but when you sell alot of high end priced items there system flags and limits your account. She was nice and I acted so nice maybe she will do something lol, but she said that she sent an appeal to ebay review department and 24-48 hours I will get an email.

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 02:38 PM

Alright I just called paypal and was trasnferred to a higher department and some paypal idiot tells me well we coudn't verify the authenticity of the supplier and invoice information and you can't appeal. I asked him so that's it? And he said: "YEAH THAT'S IT. Lol, I just laughed in my mind, but what an idiot. I have about 160 dollars in there and he said that the 180 days is just to make sure of any chargebacks we can take your money and use it for that LOL! After 180 days I will get an email on to get a check or to transfer it to my bank account he said.

PAYPAL OFFICIALLY SUCKS LOL!

Question: How the f*** do you get invoice and supplier document that they can verify it's authenticity?

OfficialGenius 04-23-2010 03:20 PM

Well, what was the 20k for? And were the items really authentic? :lol:

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 03:32 PM

The 20k was for microsoft software expensive a few ones I sold, but I needed the money in hand to at least for overnight shipping and other services, but guess it didn't come to me lol. Yea, the items were authentic. Legit retail software, but I would go on ubid or ebid or ioffer, but none of those would sell like ebay since ebay has the world which sucks.

slapped 04-23-2010 03:47 PM

FandangoKango above in this thread states:

"Question: How do you get invoice and supplier document that they can verify it's authenticity? "

A very similar thing happened to me with my Paypal account last year, Among the information that they requested (this is a VERIFIED Paypal Business Account, with a 100% legit Federal Tax ID, AND My personal SSN on FILE, opened and operating for 5 years, doing about 30K a month)

anyway, I made an unusually high transaction, they limited me asked me for among other things, Invoices,and supplier contact information, and they CALLED him to verify the invoice. They also called the buyer.

It took about a month to straighten out, but EVERYTHING was 100% legit, so they really had no Choice, but to release the funds.

I post this information because I know 100%, that at least in some cases, they DO VERIFY Invoices and supplier information.

In the end I know that it helped me, because I think that this particular paypal account is on pretty solid ground because of the incident. Its the Ebay accounts that I can't seem to solidify, But I do know that there some powersellers on Ebay responsible for that, I just wish I knew Exactly who, and where I could find them. I would give them some flying lessons.

More and more is seems like Ebay and Paypal are like a "Members Only" Club, and most of us are NOT welcomed.

FandangoKango 04-23-2010 05:22 PM

Is your paypal still closed and what do you use now? Paypal never called me to verify because I had given them a phone number for the supplier that was mine, but never registered on the account and they never called it to verify. I think they probably looked on the net bought a record and saw it was a cell phone instead of an actual store telephone or factory. What do you say?

slapped 04-23-2010 10:34 PM

My Paypal account never got closed it is still open, as I stated above all my info is 100% legit, make sure you know exactly what they want, and if you can give it to them. Remember at the end of the day paypal IS NOT a bank, and there is a lot of things that they cannot do, but they try, they push it to the limit, but if you are legit and the transaction was legit you CAN push back, and they have to give, at the end of the day it is YOUR money not theirs.

FandangoKango 04-24-2010 07:50 AM

Do you think I have any chance of them re-opening my account by insisting like crazy or what you think? What should I do?

OfficialGenius 04-24-2010 07:55 AM

Try speaking with a supervisor as long as you provided everything LEGIT and everything itself was LEGIT.

slapped 04-24-2010 09:25 AM

OfficialGenius is 100% correct, If your info, invoices, and EVERYTHING is 100% legit Push back Hard, try supervisors, Department Heads, The Legal department, anywhere, send faxes, Regestered Mail, Phone calls, in short start a Ruckus. You really do not have much to lose since your account is already closed.

OfficialGenius 04-24-2010 03:19 PM

You can try but I don't think paypal is too friendly with the word "Software" and SPECIALLY "Microsoft". :pout:

First Edition 04-24-2010 05:22 PM

"Sorry, for a purchase this big... cash only buddy"

Dude... seriously. Someone asking for this kind of payment has to be trying to screw you.

FandangoKango 05-01-2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 134979)
"Sorry, for a purchase this big... cash only buddy"

Dude... seriously. Someone asking for this kind of payment has to be trying to screw you.

Alot of people want to pay with credit cards and not cash, but I prefer credit card since I know I was dealing with a legit buyer from a software company. I checked it out on the net.

WELL 180 DAYS TO GO! !

First Edition 05-01-2010 09:44 AM

any legit person would have just been fine with a check..... credit cards transactions that large are too high risk. What if it charged back 5 months later, and you were using say merchant plus? Then you'd be out 20 thousand dollars. If he rights you a check, there are no fees, and no risk of chargeback.