PayPal account for sending-only purposes. Our account got closed. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-26-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Unhappy PayPal account for sending-only purposes. Our account got closed.

Hello!

Our business is reselling various european prepaid cards (wii, wow, itunes etc) in Russia. Not a brilliant idea but ... it works. Or at least worked :-( We were never buying the cards on eBay but just looked for them on some local small forums in Germany, Netherlands etc (prices there were cheaper).

We had a business sending-only (in russia there are only sending-only accounts so far) fully-verified paypal account. This account was fully legit with real info and 6 verified credit cards. They had also scans of my passport, utility bill and the incorporation documents for our company.

The account worked without any big problem for more than 1.5 years (except limitations sometimes when paypal asked for another docs). Sometimes the daily turnover was over $2-3k making $30-40k monthly average. But suddenly 5 days ago they have closed it saying:

"We are very sorry, but in accordance with the PayPal User Agreement, we are no longer able to have you as a customer. We have had to close your account for the following reason: We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk."

Actually nothing special or new was done with the account... I called the support but as you can expect all they told to me is "you have to know yourself what you did wrong" and "our decision to close your account is final and you do not have any way to appeal".

So I was really frustrated with this situation and since I already knew what they ask from documents just opened a new account backed up myself with scan of passport, utility bill and incorporation documents. I also ordered new credit cards from my banks. Since paypal has no way to check the owner's name of non-us cards all went thru smoothly and I was more than happy. BUT! After I sent just 2 payments I can't send any more. My account is not limited, but all I get as an error: 'This transaction cannot be completed... ' and nothing else. This happens even before I am getting asked which credit card to use and it doesn't matter which card is set to primary and what IP I use (all russian though).

I've contacted paypal support about this matter and here's what I received as an answer:

Quote:
Mr. XXX, I have reviewed your PayPal account and can see that your payment of $44.05 USD has been stopped by our internal security system.

When a payment is blocked, this is not a reflection of you or your account
activities. Our internal security system is an automated system which
reviews all of the details of every payment that is made through PayPal. It
has been designed to recognise patterns that could result in buyer
complaints, unauthorised claims or chargebacks. This is similar to the way
your bank or credit card issuer approves transactions.

For fraud prevention reasons, I cannot see what aspect of this payment has
caused our internal security system to intervene. Neither can I override or
manually change the security settings to allow your payment to go through.

I can, however, give you advice on the steps you can take to reduce the
chances that our internal security system will block any future payments.

If your payment has been blocked you can:

* Attempt to make the payment from a different card
* Attempt to make the payment at a different time
* Ensure that you are making your payment from your country of
residence. If possible attempt to complete the payment from your home
computer or the computer you most frequently use to access your PayPal
account.
So.. It doesn't work either. Of course I did try different CC even from the different bank (just bought a prepaid VISA to check), tried to change IPs... Nothing works.

I will be very happy for any suggestions on sending relative big amounts via paypal. All legit from real cc in Russia that is being accepted by paypal and goes thru the verification process. My current thoughts is to buy a fully verified US account but I doubt if it'll stay long.

Any other thoughts on my situation? PayPal has killed my biz :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2010

Longevity: 85%

$30-40k a month...? that's INSANE!
Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Hm... Is it? Our business is not that big, it's just a turnover. Profit is like 20% of this amount... We worked fine over 1.5 years and I don't think it's really big biz...
Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Red face

So.. I got nice news that I am gladfully contribute to this forum... I was wondering from the beginning how did the paypal manage to ban my transactions when nothing was the same - ip's, addresses, names, credit cards. Everything was different. And thanks to this forum I read about flash cookies...

So I've created a completely new virtual machine and put there a fresh windows xp, picked up a new VPN and created brand new account. Verified it with new credit card and viola! $1000 already sent :-)

So. The main idea is following:

If your account got permanently limited and even if your browser is setup not to save any data paypal still tracks you. And not limits right ahead but gives an error "Transaction could not be completed..." for any type of transactions. This happened to me and fresh VM-install worked like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to Katagi For This Useful Post:
jean (04-28-2010)
Old 05-01-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katagi View Post
So.. I got nice news that I am gladfully contribute to this forum... I was wondering from the beginning how did the paypal manage to ban my transactions when nothing was the same - ip's, addresses, names, credit cards. Everything was different. And thanks to this forum I read about flash cookies...

So I've created a completely new virtual machine and put there a fresh windows xp, picked up a new VPN and created brand new account. Verified it with new credit card and viola! $1000 already sent :-)

So. The main idea is following:

If your account got permanently limited and even if your browser is setup not to save any data paypal still tracks you. And not limits right ahead but gives an error "Transaction could not be completed..." for any type of transactions. This happened to me and fresh VM-install worked like a charm.

Paypal does not like VPN and they love original ip addresse's because they can trace you! When you start making thousands again paypal will stop you and ask for many documents and if they ask for the passport you are out of luck because you say they already have it on file and that's where they will ban you. Paypal has an automatic system that triggers certain amounts etc and each account has differente trigger settings which only the top engineers who designed paypal know.

GOODLUCK!