I need some advice... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default I need some advice...

I needed some advice on what I should do with my Paypal situation.

My Paypal account got limited six months ago. I was basically selling digital copies of certain language learning computer programs and some e-books. In the description I would say that the buyer had a "choice" of receiving the actual physical disks of the program or the program in "digital" version, which I downloaded from torrent and then sent to them through email. The thing is though that I never actually had the physical disks of the program, I just said I did so I wouldn't have to sell under the "classified ads" category (you can only sell digital items in that category). So since I knew I didn't have anything physical to sell, I purposely said that the physical disks were damaged in the description so that the buyer would be automatically encouraged to get the digital version of the program. If they said they wanted the physical version, I persuaded them to get the digital version, most people did. It was a clever idea and everyone went home happy, but after a while Paypal caught on and limited my account.

Paypal wanted me to provde: 1) proof of delivery, and 2) supplier contact information (not invoices, just phone numbers and addresses). The were two things I couldn't supply because I never shipped anything physical so I had no tracking numbers, and I didn't have a supplier, I downloaded the programs off of torrent sites. They also wanted me to resolve issues with another account: apparently I had another account from years ago that had a negative balance and they linked it together.

I decided to wait it out. Yesterday was the last of the 180 day hold. Now, i get this message: Your account has been limited for more than 180 days. It will continue to be limited but you now have the ability to withdraw funds. So, I've waited six months, and Paypal lets me withdraw the funds but my account will stay limited?!

What would you do in my situation? I need some possible solutions. Would you withdraw the funds into your bank account, and just abandon both your ebay and paypal account and create a new, stealth account? Would you work with Paypal and give them what they want, shipping empty boxes to the people to have a tracking number? What about the supplier contact info. though? What would you do?

Thanks, creznor

Last edited by creznor; 06-20-2010 at 11:59 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2010

Longevity: 80%

why would you care to hold account if you can get the money and run. Get your money open a stealth and never ever ever log onto that ebay or paypal account again
Old 06-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Well because I have a good feedback reputation on eBay (100% positive feedback), so it would suck to have to start all over again. I kind of wanted to revive my original account because of this.
Old 06-20-2010

Longevity: 82%

Like Mememe said, withdrawal the money and never use that ebay/pp account again. Create Stealth accounts. I would also go a step further and empty the bank account associated with that PP account after the deposits come in and close the account. At the very least never associate that bank account with another PP account.

I would never send my pesonal info to PP on an account that you have been selling that type of product with.
Old 06-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
Like Mememe said, withdrawal the money and never use that ebay/pp account again. Create Stealth accounts. I would also go a step further and empty the bank account associated with that PP account after the deposits come in and close the account. At the very least never associate that bank account with another PP account.

I would never send my pesonal info to PP on an account that you have been selling that type of product with.
Lets say I withdraw the money and create a stealth account... does that mean that I would have to open up another bank account to use with the stealth account? Or can I use my existing bank account with the stealth account? Would Paypal link them?
Old 06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by creznor View Post
Lets say I withdraw the money and create a stealth account... does that mean that I would have to open up another bank account to use with the stealth account? Or can I use my existing bank account with the stealth account? Would Paypal link them?
Yes Paypal could and would link them. Open up a savings account or something. They are easy and work with Paypal. Don't chance it with the old bank account.
Old 06-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes Paypal could and would link them. Open up a savings account or something. They are easy and work with Paypal. Don't chance it with the old bank account.
Wouldn't the name of the stealth account (which I'm assuming has to be a phony name) have to match the name on my bank account though? And with the stealth account how will I get past the social security check and location check?

Last edited by creznor; 06-20-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by creznor View Post
Wouldn't the name of the stealth account (which I'm assuming has to be a phony name) have to match the name on my bank account though? And with the stealth account how will I get past the social security check and location check?
I would highly recommend eBay Stealth as it sounds like you have not purchased it yet. All of these questions are answered in that book. You can stay current by doing searches on this forum. (I get nothing from you purchasing eBay Stealth. I bought it Jan. of this year and it has helped me out more than I can say.)

To answer your question though:

PayPal only looks at the account number not the name on the account. Alot of banks will let a different name direct deposit into your account. They change every so often so you need to search this forum to stay current. The name on you bank account always needs to be your real info.

You don't need give PP your SS#. It only takes a verified bank account and CC#, (which can be a gift card or virtual CC - search these forums for the best ones to use), to verify PP.

Last edited by NTP; 06-20-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I would highly recommend eBay Stealth as it sounds like you have not purchased it yet. All of these questions are answered in that book. You can stay current by doing searches on this forum. (I get nothing from you purchasing eBay Stealth. I bought it Jan. of this year and it has helped me out more than I can say.)

To answer your question though:

PayPal only looks at the account number not the name on the account. Alot of banks will let a different name direct deposit into your account. They change every so often so you need to search this forum to stay current. The name on you bank account always needs to be your real info.

You don't need give PP your SS#. It only takes a verified bank account and CC#, (which can be a gift card or virtual CC - search these forums for the best ones to use), to verify PP.

Hello NTP, thanks for all your help. I'm going to buy that book.

One more thing though.. when I open up a new ebay account, I would like to sell using "buy it now." I think you need a minimum of like 10 positive feedback or an idnetity check. Is there a way around this?
Old 06-20-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

5 feedbacks are sufficient for Buy It Now.
Old 06-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

TO the OP, to help you on your way when you become a stealth user, never forget this word LINK. You mention paypal caught on you had another account? If you reuse ANY info you creat a link and that may cause the new accounts to be limited.
LINK is a dirty word
Old 06-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
TO the OP, to help you on your way when you become a stealth user, never forget this word LINK. You mention paypal caught on you had another account? If you reuse ANY info you creat a link and that may cause the new accounts to be limited.
LINK is a dirty word
What about when I buy something on eBay? How would I receive my item if my address is ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Is all of this covered in the Stealth Book? Sorry about all the questions, I'm still quite confused about what I should do at this point.
Old 06-20-2010

Yes, it is covered in the book.

You can make a local stealth or further away. If it's out of state then you may be able to ask the seller if he can ship to another address that's not on PP.

Or use a separate account just for Buying get a PO Box or something for that account and you are set!
Old 06-21-2010

Longevity: 85%

Try to make a couple of stealth, one of them is mainly for purchasing item. It doesn't have to be a seller account. If your real id is screwed up, use a different name to register, you might be able to to use your current address. Usually this type of account will fly low as it is not a seller's account.