eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Any Chance of Receiving Cheque from Stealth Paypal Account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/19915-any-chance-receiving-cheque-stealth-paypal-account.html)

Allurre07 06-28-2010 09:26 AM

Any Chance of Receiving Cheque from Stealth Paypal Account?

Hey guys,

One of my stealth paypal account is now eligible for funds to be withdrawn, which i believe, can only be conducted by them sending you a cheque.

However, if you don't have a bank account under that stealth account's name, you can't deposit the cheque right?

Is there any way to recover the funds?

A million thanks in advance.

NTP 06-28-2010 12:27 PM

You don't want them to send you a check. It would be in the stealth name, right?

Why not add a bank account? Just make sure you add one that hasn't been associated to a paypal accont before.

topseller 06-28-2010 03:09 PM

If it is close to you name, chances are it will clear. I usually drop them in the night time ATM machine and never had one refused. I am not sure, but I think if you don't or can't cash it it 90 days the money is returned to your account.

jeffweico 06-28-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topseller (Post 148089)
If it is close to you name, chances are it will clear. I usually drop them in the night time ATM machine and never had one refused. I am not sure, but I think if you don't or can't cash it it 90 days the money is returned to your account.

A friend of mine used to ask me to cash checks for him as he did not have a bank account. I never had a problem depositing his checks into an ATM - he would sign them over to me, and I would endorse and deposit them. Usually I did this at a drive-up ATM at a different bank that was closer to me. Never had a problem.

Went into the bank once, they refused to accept the check, saying it was against their policies to accept third-party endorsements.

My point is, you should minimize the human factor wherever possible. Automation is your friend!

Allurre07 07-01-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTP (Post 148050)
You don't want them to send you a check. It would be in the stealth name, right?

Why not add a bank account? Just make sure you add one that hasn't been associated to a paypal accont before.

NTP, if I use a bank account, I need to change the name I reigstered to paypal with entirely.

This I know, is optional if I send them documents verifying my identity as well as a credit card statement, which I suppose I can make up.

However, what are the chances that they will let me change my account's name so I can add a bank account?

rsot 07-01-2010 10:39 AM

Changing your account name will increase the chance of them holding on to your funds for a long LONG time. Don't do it.

Allurre07 07-02-2010 10:37 AM

So guys, the best option would be to tell them to send me a cheque, with a stealth name, and try to deposit it in my bank account? or ATM machine?

Or the cheques released by Paypal valid for this?

NTP 07-02-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allurre07 (Post 148871)
NTP, if I use a bank account, I need to change the name I reigstered to paypal with entirely.

This I know, is optional if I send them documents verifying my identity as well as a credit card statement, which I suppose I can make up.

However, what are the chances that they will let me change my account's name so I can add a bank account?

If you go the "add a bank account" route, you have a bank account in your real name and add the account number to your ste alth paypal. They only verify the account number, not the name. You will confirm your bank account by checking your statement for 2 small deposits that they make and verifying with paypal.

Two things:

1)Make sure it is not account that you have ever associated with Paypal/eBay.

2)Some banks will not accept electronic deposits in a different name. There are a few though that do. I use Bank of America and have a savings account for each ste alth account. Haven't had any problems so far.

Allurre07 07-02-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTP (Post 149085)
If you go the "add a bank account" route, you have a bank account in your real name and add the account number to your ste alth paypal. They only verify the account number, not the name. You will confirm your bank account by checking your statement for 2 small deposits that they make and verifying with paypal.

Two things:

1)Make sure it is not account that you have ever associated with Paypal/eBay.

2)Some banks will not accept electronic deposits in a different name. There are a few though that do. I use Bank of America and have a savings account for each ste alth account. Haven't had any problems so far.

Thank you so much for your input bro.

So Paypal really doesn't care if the names don't match during withdrawals?

I will try contact the banks here and see if electronic funds from another name works.

Have you successfully tried to withdraw funds to a bank account under a different name though ?

Thanks again!

lakeman 07-02-2010 02:57 PM

Allure, that is correct. PP cannot see the name on the bank account. Most banks don't care if the name doesn't match, some do though.