eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Seriously, what is Paypals problem? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/21110-seriously-what-paypals-problem.html)

alchype 07-29-2010 06:36 PM

Seriously, what is Paypals problem?

Hi guys,

Let me say that this is has NOTHING to do with eBay. I just started an online business about a month ago, the majority of my buyers always want to pay via Paypal so that is why I open a NEW BUSINESS VERIFIED PAYPAL ACCOUNT. 2 days ago anyway I requested $500 from my client and I marked it for "Goods" when I sent him the invoice as soon as the money hit my Paypal account it gets limited!

Paypal doesn't ask me to provide anything, the account is just limited. What can I do to prevent this limitation?

GreenBean 07-29-2010 06:44 PM

Sadly not a real lot until such time as you (meaning the business account) has some credibility with paypal.:pop2:

Getting the monies as 'goods' means little. paypal sees a certain amount (ie $500) and reacts.:spy:

Now you need to take actions to deal with them. Have you a business plan? Hopefully you have ideas in mind if you have decided to have an online site. Prepare a business plan. Add another payment method,. (Always have alternative methods to get your own money).
When you're ready with the plan, contact paypal. Ask for a manager and work out how to sell yourself to use them.

It's fine to ask what's their problem: the problem is partly yours as well. paypal always protects themselves. Aim to get them to protect you too

pod 07-29-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 154396)

Always have alternative methods to get your own money

Very wise advice! I have a couple stand alone sites that have nothing to do with eBay. And I do take PayPal on one, but I consider it secondary. Its paramount that you dont rely on PayPal completely. Or on any one gateway. You should be in a position to click PayPal off in your shopping cart when something like this happens and still be able to make sales and collect funds.

This is all assuming you dont already have another way to accept credit cards. But having paypal is ok, but you cant rely on them exclusively. I had to halt sales on a site for 3 weeks once because I made that mistake. I operated years without a problem so having two payment processors seemed pointless. I assure you, it is not. Anything can go wrong and its important that business can carry on while you fix whatever needs to be fixed.

IDK 07-31-2010 12:12 AM

I'm sorry but there is no way in hell I would be using Paypal for a business outside of eBay. 100% of people who buy online understand that eBay is the only place they can expect to see Paypal as an payment option. While they like to see a site offer it, it does NOT deter people from shopping on sites that do not offer them.

xl_The_Jackal_lx 07-31-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

eBay is the only place they can expect to see Paypal as an payment option
Yeah, 85+% of online transactions are done with credit cards. I'm moving away from Paypal entirely, and soon ebay too. Ebay buyers are children.

Then what will I do on this forum, I wonder? :angel:

smithgroup 08-01-2010 03:34 PM

If you MUST

If you absolutely 100& MUST MUST MUST take PayPal for some god awful reason, take it through CCNOW or 2Checkout so you don't have to worry about PayPal limitations anymore. I have a CCNOW account that I use for eBay and my business sites and they have automatically deposited thousands of dollars into my bank with no limitations, no provide invoices, no supplier information, none of that PP crap.:amen:

The downside to CCNOW is its5% fees! but if you take away the fact that you don't have to pay eBay fees (because its your own site) the 5% doesn't seem so bad.

xl_The_Jackal_lx 08-01-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

but if you take away the fact that you don't have to pay eBay fees (because its your own site) the 5% doesn't seem so bad.
Yet another reason to move off of ebay.

pod 08-01-2010 07:36 PM

There are 50 reasons to stay away from ebay. But one to stay, and its a big one: Traffic

A standalone site is great.... But eBay has the customers, the traffic and the volume you will be very hard pressed to get on your own. Setting up a site and leaving eBay sounds great on paper. But sale volumes will not be there. You need to be prepared for that unfortunately. Getting folks to your site is not as simple as it sounds.