Is this a decent idea? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Is this a decent idea?

I need the veterans on this one. Paypal is limited for the second time, both Ebay accounts are fine. Added Paymate, no auctions have closed yet, but according to my research, Paymate is a horrible idea (forum search and google search)

My brilliant (yeah right) plan is to change my IP, open a new Paypal, NOT connect it with Ebay, and politely suugest it to customers at checkout, and hopefully secretively suuggest it in the listing.

So just use the Paypal to receive money not connected with Ebay. I believe the trick is have them check "services" and leave everything blank. I know people use Paypal for things other than Ebay, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem. Any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-16-2010

Longevity: 82%

It could work, theoretically. There are so many problems that could end up happening with this method though, it just seems like bad news waiting to happen.

You should at least try Paymate for a few sales and see how they work out. When I was using them a couple months ago everything went perfectly smooth and I would definitely use them again. I don't know what's going on with other peoples' experience on Paymate, but I would vouch for them.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
holyhell (09-16-2010)
Old 09-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much Jamblix.
See that's why I went with Paymate, because a couple people said it was cool, but it seemed like the deeper I dug, the worse news I heard. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again pal.
Old 09-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Any way on an auction to force "request total"? They have to contact you and then you can do the end run. That way you could send payment request yourself listing it as a service or whatever. It could get cumbersome. And who knows how long it would work.

Maybe a shipping discount that varies on state. So they need to request total so you can alter total. Again, could get cumbersome.

Or you can use that other paypal with paymate. And if they dont like the paymate you send a request via other paypal
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
holyhell (09-16-2010)
Old 09-16-2010

Longevity: 95%

I have had pretty good luck with Paymate all things considered. It takes a bit to drop to your account but recommended for sure.

Everyone wants to use Paypal so it gets tricky but worse case just send them a Paypal invoice as Pod stated from a paypal account you have on reserve.

Just make sure you state it nice and loud in your auctions so theres no confusion on how to pay at close of auction. I had buyers tell me they didnt know I didnt accept Paypal. After that fiasco I made it nice and clear in the beginning of the text on my auctions.
Old 09-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Yep, I've definitely had my share of customers who don't read. I have a lot of watchers and bidders right now, and I was surprised because I mentioned in bold letters about the Paymate thing, but they still prolly didn't read it.
Old 09-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Your Problem will Come when Your Buyers hit the "Pay Now' Button,,,There will NOT Be a Paypal Option,,,So you will get an Email from the Buyer,,,Then you Will send them a Paypal Invoice,,Outside Of Ebay,,,well what You Do Not realize is that Ebay wil be able to find out what Paypal Accounts sent out Invoices to ebay User Accounts,,,, Same Regestered Email Right,,, and for How Much,,,,,and On what Dates,,,,Then Check that info against Closed auctions on that day,,,and Bang,,,a Link,,

If I can Figure out how to do it,,,So can Ebay,,,

A Long Time ago I Figured out That,,,,,Everytime I Thought that I Had somehow "Re-invented" the Wheel,,,I KNEW that I Did'nt

Last edited by slapped; 09-17-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-17-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

hmmmmm....

This is an old school trick.... I did with google checkout all the time, years ago. Of course, google now hates me.... but.... I did this when I first got into this business, but it was all kinds of different processors ebay couldn't touch. Because you're using paypal, I would be worried both will go down. What happens when someone opens a dispute, and puts the ebay item number in?

There are a lot of really small ways that could mess up
Old 09-17-2010
Threadstarter  

So I basically have to start fresh I guess? I can't open a new Paypal and add it to an existing Ebay account. They will notice (eventually) that the Ebay account had a previous limited Paypal.

If I decided to gamble and use that Paypal account for outside stuff, after I change IP, do I also delete cookies? Wouldn't that trigger red flags with Ebay?
Old 09-17-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

probably....

and yes, start over, completely

It's a hard thing to do at first, but you get accustomed to it... after the 50th time, I stopped getting angry
Old 09-17-2010

Longevity: 82%

Yeah, slapped and First Edition nailed it. Too many things could go wrong imo, if you make a new Paypal might as well link it to a stealth eBay account and start fresh like you said.

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Don't forget that while some buyers will respond, many will question you since they LOVE eBay checkout option.

A lot has to do with the trust you generate too.
Old 09-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

I cant get half my buyers just to reply to address confirmation request. Some seem awfully lazy about spending money online [as bizarre as that sounds] So making them jump through too many hoops could be damaging for sure.

PayPal is a nightmare for sure. But they have it setup so one cant be used without the other. Not sure how important the account is, but maybe best to just start over and always have backups ready. Might be less work to just keep shifting accounts instead of fighting to make one work
holyhell (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Yeah I just gave up the fight and started over.
My problem really is that I can't have back ups. I have one computer, and even with user accounts, I will still have the same IP on all user accounts. So when I start over, I REALLY start over.
Old 09-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

You can get a cheap diial up to create accounts. Just log IPs. Its slow and painful for sure, but if you use the dial up to setup an account a week or so after awhile you have some just sitting there waiting. Not sure in the US but I got dial up for $3 a month.
holyhell (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010
Threadstarter  

So if I had dial up, the IP would always change? Would it change everytime I logged in?

If that's the case, it seems that the numbers would eventually repeat. I'm thinking of people here who have 20 accounts on one computer.
Old 09-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Well, dont worry about people with 20 accounts. Thats a whole new game. Lets worry about you getting a few

IP does change everytime on most. You will need to test and keep logs. Cant stress that enough

Dont sign any contracts for dial up. You will hate it, a lot. So slow it takes minutes to do what takes seconds. Usually with dial up the last 1-3 numbers are all that change. Thats good enough. Dont set up new accounts all at once. Space them out a least a week

Another option is a smartphone that can tether. Much faster then dial up with similar results IP wise. If you already have a blackberry or Android, I would get playing around with that.

Make a test user account on windows to play with IPS. But dont go near ebay or paypal on that user. Just use it for testing IP and how it changes. Some dial ups I've used keep the same IP when I hangup and dial right back in. So you will need to experiment. But there are ways to get IPs. So just saying "you cant" will just hurt you. That is your number one job right now, finding away to get IPS. Dial up really realy sucks. Its soooooo slow. But you gotta do what you gotta do
holyhell (09-18-2010)
Old 09-20-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

I was at one point the biggest fan of Paymate, now I am no doubt the biggest hater. They are just terrible. I've said it too many times to go into detail. You will be running back to paypal. Trust me.
Old 09-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhell View Post
Yeah I just gave up the fight and started over.
My problem really is that I can't have back ups. I have one computer, and even with user accounts, I will still have the same IP on all user accounts. So when I start over, I REALLY start over.
get a Verizon Broadband card, it is $60 a month, create your windows accounts and everytime you log in to that account connect using the broadband card, you will get a different IP everytime, then you can have as many stealth ebay and paypal accounts; I already have 5 stealth accounts going on and building them up little by little. If they suspend one, i will jump on another one and so on....

Last edited by keepitup; 09-20-2010 at 09:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to keepitup For This Useful Post:
holyhell (09-21-2010)
Old 09-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Do you have to buy a separate USB stick, or do they give it to you with the service?
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 79%

they give it to you with the service.