Dhgate says im under investigation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Dhgate says im under investigation

Hey guys,

Newbie here and been reading alot of forums before i joined, Really impressed with all the great info i have seen,, anyways i received this today from dhgate.

now mind you i order 3,000 a month from this site and i received this, what do you make of it? This order is for $1900.50. and it was completed 72 hours ago, my items have already been shipped according to my suppliers....

This is DHgate Customer Service Department.

DHgate is a website that supports online transaction platform and offers escrow service for your protection.

Regarding your PayPal transaction id 3WU02408FE259383G (DHgate PO# 1005374023 ), we are sorry to inform you that we have asked the seller to suspend shipping as your payment is being investigated by PayPal. To resume the transaction, please provide the following information to PayPal and confirm the validity of the payment as soon as possible:

* Original bills of sales or invoices concerning your order, along with the name and the telephone number of your supplier(s).
* Your ID information

Please note that the transaction will not be resumed until the investigation is finished by PayPal. If the seller has sent the item and you want to reverse your payment, you can refuse to sign the parcel or choose to send the purchase order back.

We value you as a long-term customer. Please let us know if we may assist you in any way.

Safety Notice: We make every effort to ensure that all of our emails are subject to virus check before delivery, and pursuant to our policy, any “.exe” files or files containing any form of potential risks are not allowed to send to you. Please do not attempt to open any attachments containing these file extensions without prior confirmation with the sender.

Respectfully,

Last edited by fenway; 09-22-2010 at 10:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

This is what I read in your post.....

It looks like it could be a email from Paypal not DHGate.
It also looks like you pay your DHGate bill through Paypal and the last payment you made Paypal stopped due to a strange payment method or style.

If you paid with a credit card in a different name/address than the Paypal account is reregistered then that might be what this is about.
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 91%
Default Bravo---you paid with paypal!

Why would you want to pay with paypal? Direct credit card payments are more secure....this whole forum is plastered with DHGATE and paypal..
Old 09-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Ive been paying like this for 5 years now, no problems ever before.
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 89%

This is nothing to be concerned about. They're checking that the transaction is not fraudulent, and likely to result in a dispute further down the line, because for whatever reason you've tripped one of their possible flags. It should be fine if you provide the information, but by the sounds of it it's already shipped out so...
Old 09-22-2010
Threadstarter  

no not fraud,, its definitley me.. lol even if it was fraud,, too late now cause its already shipped. lol.

I dont think paypal tracks people down for fraud too much,, i had fraud on my paypal like 2 years ago and they told me they wont do anything. They had responded and said i need to call the police myself.
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle_9120 View Post
Why would you want to pay with paypal? Direct credit card payments are more secure....this whole forum is plastered with DHGATE and paypal..
Now, hang on a sec....

I have had similar issues. It is NOT always easy to pay DHgate via credit card. Half the time, no matter what payment option I would choose, it took me to the PayPal website. I asked their customer service why I couldn't pay directly by credit card and received different answers each time.

One answer was it was related to the specific items I was ordering - these were non-branded and non-trademarked, so that made absolutely no sense.

The next answer was they had a daily processing limit imposed on them by their merchant account provider. As big as they are, that also didn't make sense to me.

Then, it was supposedly somehow related to the seller....

So, with DHgate the options are basically PayPal or their E-Wallet. While I would never even consider sending a Western Union payment to an individual seller, especially one overseas, I do trust DHgate enough to do this. I have had no problems using the E-Wallet. Western Union charges $14 to send $1k, so that is not too bad.

I am guessing at some point, DHgate will lose the ability to accept PayPal payments. But I never used PayPal to pay them, because I figured it was a great way to lose a perfectly good PayPal account.

PayPal is VERY NOSEY, they want details about absolutely everything you buy and sell. The nosey neighbor from hell!!! Only your neighbor probably does not have any control over your finances. PayPal wants to be like your father, deciding what to ALLOW you to buy and sell. I only use them when I absolutely have no other choice.

So my advice is to use the E-Wallet.
Old 09-22-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks, i appreciate it.

i dont have an ebay account so they cant freeze that or link me. I have also had this paypal account for years.. Im too smart to use ebay. i have enough headaches.
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 88%
Default DHGATe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenway View Post
Hey guys,

Newbie here and been reading alot of forums before i joined, Really impressed with all the great info i have seen,, anyways i received this today from dhgate.

now mind you i order 3,000 a month from this site and i received this, what do you make of it? This order is for $1900.50. and it was completed 72 hours ago, my items have already been shipped according to my suppliers....

This is DHgate Customer Service Department.

DHgate is a website that supports online transaction platform and offers escrow service for your protection.

Regarding your PayPal transaction id 3WU02408FE259383G (DHgate PO# 1005374023 ), we are sorry to inform you that we have asked the seller to suspend shipping as your payment is being investigated by PayPal. To resume the transaction, please provide the following information to PayPal and confirm the validity of the payment as soon as possible:

* Original bills of sales or invoices concerning your order, along with the name and the telephone number of your supplier(s).
* Your ID information

Please note that the transaction will not be resumed until the investigation is finished by PayPal. If the seller has sent the item and you want to reverse your payment, you can refuse to sign the parcel or choose to send the purchase order back.

We value you as a long-term customer. Please let us know if we may assist you in any way.

Safety Notice: We make every effort to ensure that all of our emails are subject to virus check before delivery, and pursuant to our policy, any “.exe” files or files containing any form of potential risks are not allowed to send to you. Please do not attempt to open any attachments containing these file extensions without prior confirmation with the sender.

Respectfully,
What this means is your transaction is under investigation 95% of the cases money you have paid to dhgate will be returned back to you into your paypal account, and your supplier is screwed for the money, as all transaction need to be covered by supplier, dhgate comes out 100% clean, If you order from this supplier and know them, you would need to pay them back other way, as for china $2,000 dollars, is large money.
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Yes,For china,it is large money for 2000 dollars,you can go to aliexpress or some other trading platform to find the easier deal to do .
Old 09-23-2010

It could also be that most everything on DHGate is not 100% authentic and now that Paypal is owned by Ebay, their Vero group is possibly blocking the transaction do to the quantity of the purchase. I buy from DHGate regularly but never been hassled. I keep my quantities to a minimum though. Not only for that reason, but also to avoid US Customs issues.
Old 09-23-2010
Threadstarter  

i try to get a 100 of each product when i order. it is alot cheaper, and i always ship overnight dhl for 199.99. never had a box opened in 5 years yet..