Is this taking too much of a risk? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to Superdude
Post Is this taking too much of a risk?

I just created a new eBay Stealth account about 3 weeks ago.

I have no feedback yet but have sold 1 item which i got 20€ for.Of course paypal is holding the money until i give them tracking info or the item is received by the buyer or whatever.

Tonight two more listings will end but the sum of money i will take in will be a lot more about 110€ per item.Is this way too risky???

Will i get a limited paypal account for taking in that much money with just a newly opended ebay account?

My Paypal account is fully verified with a Bank account and Credit Card so are my limits not lifted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

No it will not get limited for taking that much money in but if you try taking it all out then you may be headed for problems. You will need to let it sit for awhile and only take some of it out slowly.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
Superdude (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok so i just received about 270€ in my paypal account.All of this however is "Pending" and i cannot get access to it. What do you suggest i do?

If i send the items and put the tracking info on Paypal will they release my funds?

And how much should i take out at a time?Also how long do you suggest i 'let it sit' for?
Old 11-10-2010

I don't know how much $ that is but I was recently limited on an account and the main Paypal webpage suggested not to ship items until paid.

The items did not show as paid of course, the money was not in the account. You are not a bank so maybe you could politely suggest they contact their payment carrier, paypal, on their own behalf if needed. I would Google Paypals toll free number and include it in the correspondence, this is how I handled it. The hold was for 5 days and it wasn't lifted but the kid never called Paypal.
Good luck

Last edited by Melissa1971; 11-10-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
Ok so i just received about 270€ in my paypal account.All of this however is "Pending" and i cannot get access to it. What do you suggest i do?

If i send the items and put the tracking info on Paypal will they release my funds?

And how much should i take out at a time?Also how long do you suggest i 'let it sit' for?
My experience has been that paypal releases the money after you receive positive feedback from the buyer or 21 days later and not when you post tracking information with shipment
Old 11-11-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to sam123

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithg57 View Post
My experience has been that paypal releases the money after you receive positive feedback from the buyer or 21 days later and not when you post tracking information with shipment
You have to wait until the item is delivered OR you need to wait until you receive positive feedback for the item, you can contact buyer politely for feedback if from the tracking it shows the item is delivered. OR simply you have to wait for 21 days.

If you are selling high value items you need to build at least 100 feedback's and 20 DSR's so that the amount will not be put on hold.

I am new in this Ebay but with the account 3 month old, i have sold high value items not in hundreds but in thousands, and never got hold for any payment. But once i receive hold for 200$ when i have feedback of 80.

So i learn all this by doing research from forum and also this simple information is available in Ebay and Paypal sites.
Old 11-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Are ye sure about the 21 day hold thing? I am pretty sure i sent out tracking info before and they released the funds after 3-4 days not 21. By this saturday i will have about €430/$580 if i let all my listings end.Now remember i have 0 feedback so do ye think i should end these listings and put them back up in a week or so as i have a feeling i could be running into trouble with $580 in pending payments in my paypal account with 0 feedback on my ebay account?
Old 11-11-2010

Quote:
Are ye sure about the 21 day hold thing? I am pretty sure i sent out tracking info before and they released the funds after 3-4 days not 21. By this saturday i will have about €430/$580 if i let all my listings end.Now remember i have 0 feedback so do ye think i should end these listings and put them back up in a week or so as i have a feeling i could be running into trouble with $580 in pending payments in my paypal account with 0 feedback on my ebay account?
Well most of them got hold but some don't, its just the paypal automatic system how it react is not sure. As you said that your money got release after 3-4 days. Is your account located in US? because Paypal only realized funds earlier if they can verify the delivery by tracking this is only for US seller, "** For US domestic shipments only, we can confirm delivery if: * You ship the item with UPS, USPS or FedEx and upload tracking information from the transaction details page or
* Or
* You use PayPal or eBay shipping labels. Please note that for US shipments, PayPal shipping labels can be used with USPS and UPS, and eBay shipping labels can be used with USPS.

Once the tracking number reflects the shipment is delivered, PayPal will review and may release the Hold after 3 days elapses. This provides enough time for the buyer to review the shipment and file a dispute if necessary"

Above information is from Paypal site, so if you have made USA account than you can get your money earlier by providing tracking. Also be cautious only ship the items by using tracking services, you don't want to be screwed when any buyer file dispute for the item, as when you are selling high value items you will most likely face this problem.

If you are selling on such a low feedback you will most often get hold, you will get use to it soon.

So first built some more feedback and then try to sell high value items. Also don't withdraw all of your money by leaving your account to zero or low balance, this will raised red flags to your account.

Also this info. is discuss in most of the other threads, try to research bit more.
Old 11-11-2010
Threadstarter  

No im not in the US. I am located in Ireland and all my funds run through an irish paypal.

So you are saying i will have no trouble even if i have such a large amount in my paypal account? as long as i ship and provide tracking info my money is safe?
Thanks
Old 11-11-2010

Quote:
No im not in the US. I am located in Ireland and all my funds run through an irish paypal.

So you are saying i will have no trouble even if i have such a large amount in my paypal account? as long as i ship and provide tracking info my money is safe?
Thanks
I am trying to say is just build a history with Ebay and Paypal, and update the transaction with tracking soon.

You may withdraw like 50% of funds and after you sell few more items withdraw rest as you receive more and by that time you will start getting feedback's..

Also you can open more accounts and make them verified and start selling on them, so that your money will get split in different accounts and you can withdraw more.