Paypal "nice currency mistake" with me (Must see)!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Cool Paypal "nice currency mistake" with me (Must see)!!

Hey, well, i intended to keep this one for myself, however, since i think this should be read, i'll tell you what Paypal did after they limited me.

NOTE: I'm copying this post and keeping it until I received my 180 days check, right now i'm waiting that payment, so no worries, i wrote this a few weeks ago.

The thing is that i owned over 650 USD from Ebay fees for things that i never sold (some dropshipping scam involved, silly me), so i just "tried" to run away from it and move on with another account, but, as you already know, PP got to my account and THEY WITHDRAWN MONEY TO PAY THE FEES JUST A FEW DAYS AFTER MY 180 LIMIT ARRIVED.

Now, here comes the fun!

I'm already limited on PP, and in a few weeks i'll be able to withdraw my money, whatever, but...

Since i'm from another country (MX), and even if my main currency is on USD, they made the mistake of withdrawing me 650 Mexican Pesos, and not 650 USD!!

I even received the mail saying that, and checked the PP account!!

So, in case you don't know it, 650 Mexican Pesos are over 55 USD, maybe a lil bit less, that's what they took from my PP account, and not the 600 USD something they were intended to.

Yeah, i owned fees, so they tried to withdrawn A FEW WEEKS BEFORE i could withdraw my money, pretty fair i guess, they made a mistake and now it seems i already can run with it, not my fault, but theirs.

Now, what do you think? I'm pretty sure this was LUCK + An idiot PP rep. doing his job, maybe a lesson for all the non-US / European residents like me.

PD By the way, i'll let you know if i could withdraw my money after 180 days, it's supposed to be ready next week.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
The thing is that i owned over 650 USD from Ebay fees for things that i never sold (some dropshipping scam involved, silly me)
What do you mean "things that i never sold" and "some dropshipping scam" ?
Old 11-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

All the best - sounds like a nice mistake in your favour. I would not rely on your case to be closed until you have your money in your account. Pp and eb have nasty ways of going and fixing past activity.
Old 11-30-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Amen rsot...things are pretty messed up with the things they go through. I remember I had them call COLLECTIONS on my real account for how much owed????

.04 FREAKING CENTS!!!

YES....
Old 11-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@holymoly, 4 cents - that's too sick. You get collection agency calls on you? Ha I can imagine an agent going Sir So and so, you owe us...4 cents.
Old 11-30-2010

O trust me...IT IS SICK...but this happened after the fact I thought they couldn't go any lower when they actually SENT LETTERS and HARRASSING CALLS for my wife's account asking for...da da da dummmmmm

4.37!!!! USD
Old 11-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post

they made the mistake of withdrawing me 650 Mexican Pesos, and not 650 USD!!

I find a mistake like this hard to believe. Not saying you are making it up by no means. It must be something misunderstood. I just can not see the system making an error like that
Old 11-30-2010

Hmmm, could really be a glitch in the system. Imagine a few slip ups go through the system like that FOR SURE!

Think of the billions of transactions they do each year.

I don't know...maybe it's luck/maybe it's a tale...
Old 11-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I find a mistake like this hard to believe. Not saying you are making it up by no means. It must be something misunderstood. I just can not see the system making an error like that
Well, believe me, i find it hard to believe too, that's the reason i posted this, because it was worth the reading!

I'm pretty sure they thought my main currency was the other one, now that i think about it, actually my main currency wasn't USD, but mexican pesos, that could explain the mistakes. There must be some system error or something, i'm pretty sure it was a human mistake though.

PD still waiting for my money, in a few days i'll write the outcome.

Last edited by eternal; 11-30-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2010

Longevity: 82%

Anyone from Europe has any experience with PayPal withdrawing their money for eBay overdue fees?

I've got my real PP account closed permanently from May now. Since then I haven't paid the fees for 3 stealth eBay accounts, two of them linked with my real PP account. There is total of $500 to pay eBay.

In the meantime 180 days passed from limitation on my PP account, so I've withdrawn what was left in there. It suprises me I got away with this. I thought eventually they will take what's theirs. I understand PayPal and eBay are two different companies that maybe don't disclose such information to each other, but I remember they are from the same mother, so I can't be sure.

A possible explanation is that I'm from Poland and we've got some pretty twisted laws and regulations that maybe PP cannot use to get the money from me. Or maybe something else. Any clues?
Old 12-02-2010

No, PP has no laws really, just look at the horror stories of PP section...since PP is not a bank but an entity and corporation. They are not bound by most laws, this is why the US government wants to regulate them.