Paypal Limited w/Negative Balance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal Limited w/Negative Balance

I have question...as I dont think paypal has the integrity to tell the TRUTH. I recieved a payment from someone for money the was owed to me via Paypal. I have done this MANY MANY TIMES with no problem. I have an iron clad paypal account if one could say. So the money was sent and I withdrew the money via paypal debit card over 1 week. It was $820.00. I get a notice yesterday that the money has been placed on hold because the person who sent the money sold something on Ebay and did not ship the goods. So they placed a hold on the money and it caused my account to go into the negative. They also limited my account and asked for a ton of info. which I have all the info as it is my personal paypal. I just spoke with Representative in the limitations department and i asked them if they would try to take money out of my checking account and was told NO...if the balance has not been resolved within 120 days they will send it to collections. If this TRUE?? I dont want to lose this account so I will pay the neg. balance BEFORE 120 days...but I do not just want them going to take money as they will out of my account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Paying the balance would avoid collections but do not ASSUME your paypal will be unlimited. It is quite possible this account is dead but since you have real info, I would cooperate.
Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

They will try take a negative balance from your bank yes. Without question. PayPal will not sit back and wait for you to clear negative. But if its a real account and a solid one you could consider fixing it. I had a stealth account go int the red last month. They tried a bank withdraw and it failed. I restored the balance a week later, called and got account restored. So it can be done

But if you want to buy some time maybe get your money out of the bank account so it will just fail when they try. I wouldn't leave it too long to fix though. If the plan is to fix the account do it sooner then later

Now PayPal taking money from you to cover another person is a bit low budget.
Old 12-22-2010
Threadstarter  

I thought it was rediculous that they are trying to take money from me because someone else's account is jacked up...This was money they sent me. I had no way of knowing how they got the money...NOR did i care...It was money sent to me. I barely know this person. So how can I be held responsible for their negative balance. Also, so it is safe to say that the Limitations representative LIED when he said they would NOT take money from my Bank account??
Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003pinkpoodle View Post
so it is safe to say that the Limitations representative LIED when he said they would NOT take money from my Bank account??
Yes. Their number one objective in any case is always to protect themselves. Bar none. However, if you plan to clean up account I'm not sure the worry. If its just that you don't want it taken right now, make sure its not in the bank. It will just show as a failed withdraw
Old 12-22-2010

i thought this kind of behaviour was standard practise.

There is no such thing as an iron clad eby or pp account and pp never tell the truth, learn from it buy eBay Stealth and move on you will be glad you did

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

One thing, NO ONE has an "iron clad" PP account...lmao, the thought of saying that!
Old 12-22-2010
Threadstarter  

I have several stealth paypal accounts...But this was MY REAL account and I just receieved legitimate money from people. I cannot beleive the actions of OTHERS can cause HARM with my paypal account. That is unjust. I dont want to close my bank account. I have had it for 10 years. Is there a way to contact my bank and ask that they NOT let paypal withdraw any money from my bank account?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys:-)
Old 12-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Sorry, but asking the question over and over wont change the answer. I'm not trying to be an ass but I can tell you want to just hear there is some way to stop them.

** There is not. Sorry

Only two ways you can stop them:
Empty bank
Close bank

If this is a legit and good paypal you want to keep, fix it.
If you don't care about it, leave it and close bank

Thats it. There is no hold the shift key, dial 7 and paypal can no longer take money from your account...

Have you contacted the ass that owes you the money?
Have you asked PayPal point blank why you owe for his debt?

If you want to fix this, get on it. If you want to walk away, get on that. Sitting back and hoping for the best is not going to help

But bottom line is they have access to your bank account and you cant stop them
Old 12-23-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Amen! It's true...they got your bank. This is why we should use VBA's and have "other" ways to w/d.
Old 12-24-2010
Threadstarter  

@Pod....there is no reason to be rude....if ur annoyed by my question....DON'T ANSWER IT...this is the reason I very rarely post here...you guys will answer the question but with a lot of extra FLUFF....SAVE IT....Thanks for all the replies...I appreciate the help.
Old 12-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

I wasn't trying to be rude at all. You asked if they can withdraw from bank and you were told a couple times yes.

Then you asked again. I was just trying to give you a push to get off your ass and stop waiting for the answer you want to hear.... And thats what you were doing and you know full well. If me pushing you to act and giving you the facts is rude, well call me rude then
Old 12-24-2010

Ergo sum, Pod you are being rude, one thing is to answer what you should do, which you clearly did but i'm not blaming you for that, but for the fact that you do it PLUS questioning his intelligence in a slight passive-agressive form. My 2 cents here.
Old 03-03-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

The last question was not covered in the answers to the first question....it was a completely legit question. Once you knew that PP could try to take the funds.....a normal question would be if the bank could be requested to prevent that from happening. Fact is.....there are no stupid questions and people should not be afraid to talk openly without being made to feel stupid for asking real and normal questions.

Glad to see others feel the same way.