eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Should I enter a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, stolen, or other person's social security SS number?...NO NO! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/2737-should-i-enter-fake-stolen-other-persons-social-security-ss-number-no-no.html)

lolpie 02-12-2008 03:25 PM

Should I enter a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, stolen, or other person's social security SS number?...NO NO!

My real eBay account was suspended a few months ago, but my PayPal account linked to it wasn't limited. Both accounts had my real name, address, SS, etc...

Now I made a new eBay account and a new PayPal account (both with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info). I want to remove the $500 limit from PayPal...what should I do? I already confirmed my bank, the IED thing, the only thing left is the SS number.

What should I do?
Should I change my PayPal name to my real name, then put in my real SS?

Thanks!

twdell 02-12-2008 03:33 PM

if you use your real info they will know who you are and close your ebay and paypal account. you can't use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ss# either. they will also know that info is not correct.

sdot10 02-12-2008 04:15 PM

no plus you wont be able to do it anyway. How are you not able to get the limit off. You gave the bank account and expanded use number right. You only have to do 2 out of 3. If it comes down to your SS# then just call and tell them you do not ever give out your SS# and that you would like to use alternative methods.

But this could all be for nothing because it seems like if you used real info on both accounts its only a matter of time before they link them.

twdell 02-12-2008 04:27 PM

have you tried to get around the ss# by telling them you will not give it? if so has it worked, and what are their alternative methods?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdot10 (Post 25179)
no plus you wont be able to do it anyway. How are you not able to get the limit off. You gave the bank account and expanded use number right. You only have to do 2 out of 3. If it comes down to your SS# then just call and tell them you do not ever give out your SS# and that you would like to use alternative methods.

But this could all be for nothing because it seems like if you used real info on both accounts its only a matter of time before they link them.

koalawash 02-12-2008 04:42 PM

I wonder how long it's going to be before they just ask ALL new Paypal accounts for a SSN right away as a requirement?? Seems like it's only a matter of time.

Ballsack 02-12-2008 05:10 PM

That's easy enough to get around if you REALLY must use paypal. It's not like you're applying for credit and paypal is not a bank. It won't even show up on a credit report. There are a million websites that offer services to look up ppl thru their ssn for $9.95. Just make one up and you're bound to get someone. There are some that even offer free trials. The whole purpose of the ssn is that it is free for anyone to use as long as you pay a website for the info. Someone could be using yours or mine right now.

twdell 02-12-2008 05:11 PM

yeah, i would rather not even use paypal then. that sounds kind of scary to me. i don't like to take chances like that.

lolpie 02-12-2008 07:12 PM

Oh so you only have to do 2 out of 3? I thought it was all 3...phew :D

twdell 02-12-2008 07:44 PM

2 out of 3 will work until you start taking money out of the account then they will ask for your ss#.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpie (Post 25252)
Oh so you only have to do 2 out of 3? I thought it was all 3...phew :D

ebayvictim 02-12-2008 08:48 PM

In my experience they only require 2 out of 3. You never have to do all 3!

koalawash 02-12-2008 11:18 PM

For me, it was never as soon as you tried to withdraw anything the first time! They must have really changed things up in the last 2 months or so..

twdell 02-12-2008 11:37 PM

i asked the resolution manager at paypal if i would be limited in the future if i started taking in more money. he said as long as it wasn't a sudden jump from what i have normally been taking it will be okay. in other words take it slow and do a steady increase in funds going through the account. don't go from taking in $500 a week to suddenly doing $10,000 a week.

Ballsack 02-12-2008 11:46 PM

Translation, "we'll limit you if you start making money" end of story.

Ballsack 02-13-2008 05:04 AM

Who's talking about 10k a week? If you make a few hundred a week and you start withdrawing expect to get limited verrrry soon.

twdell 02-13-2008 08:34 AM

yes, exactly. that's all i was bringing in and i gace a legit ss#. still got limited.

importracer150 02-29-2008 10:58 PM

Dont Give Paypal No S.s!!! Screw Them!!

groundhog 03-05-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 25190)
That's easy enough to get around if you REALLY must use paypal. It's not like you're applying for credit and paypal is not a bank. It won't even show up on a credit report. There are a million websites that offer services to look up ppl thru their ssn for $9.95. Just make one up and you're bound to get someone. There are some that even offer free trials. The whole purpose of the ssn is that it is free for anyone to use as long as you pay a website for the info. Someone could be using yours or mine right now.

Could tell names of these services? Do they accept your payments and forward them to you? How safe are they?

thelizardking 03-05-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 28632)
Sure pal, sure. Keep coming back - you'll figure out the difference between what you'd like to do, and what you must do, eventually.

So true..

As far as getting limited for making more than usual...I just wanted to report I had a jump of approximately $100 more and sold around 4 items more than the previous week and was limited..on the phone PP confirmed this was the reason..so be careful even a slight jump could cause it..account was about 60 days..

But ultimately they will limit you...thats just how it is...you won't know when but it will happen..

GreenBean 03-05-2008 04:48 PM

groundhog, you have missed a VALID post by Modee. Never use an SS# that is
not yours. Down the track it will not ever work. Please trust Modee on this.

TotallyDisgusted 03-30-2008 09:32 AM

Pay Pal SS# ... a bit morbid

Don't laugh...but can you use a family member's ss, name, etc. for PP verification...even though that person is "no longer with us"? Will pp know that person is deceased or are they just matching-up ss with name?

Also, asked this question in another thread but never received direct answer:
Any reason why I can't use my 15-yr. old son's ss# on PP? Again, will they know his age or just making sure ss# matches w/name?

sycore 03-30-2008 10:29 AM

I would urge you not to use your 15 year old sons real SS number. Even if you are only doing legit stuff, you don't want to take even the remote chance of them screwing up his credit for the rest of his life. As for the deceased family member, there is nothing that they can do to them now, so you might as well go for it.

TotallyDisgusted 03-30-2008 11:30 AM

In re-thinking my question, you are right about not messing w/son's ss and/or credit...he has plenty of time to do that on his own :)

The other...the "no longer with us"...so, you don't think they will know that person doesn't exist any longer?