Brothers PayPal and eBay limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Brothers PayPal and eBay limited

So, my 100% legitimate business was ended abruptly in November for the usual BS reasons from PayPal leaving $3,400 in there and a permanent suspension from eBay and PayPal.

Fast forward to the middle of March, and my brother gets the same treatment. Again 100% legit account, registered for 4 years, virtually no buyer cases in the last 6 months, excellent feedback. They're asking to provide more documents again, but really I'm not holding out any hope.

My question is, why are they targetting us? First they took down my Dads accounts then mine, and now my brothers. My dad had been registered since 2001 with not a single negative feedback, me since 2004 with equally an good record. These are not stealth accounts either, but fully verified legit accounts.

We all sold similar things like mobile phones and sports equipment, and of course all have the same surname, and live at the same address. Has anyone ever had any luck getting a limitation removed by the guys in PayPal Dublin? Is he better off calling the USA hotline who always seem to be friendlier and more willing to help?

When my brother calls them shall he just straight up admit that he knows that they've linked his account to previously banned ones at this address? I feel sorry for the dude, he's 20 years old and in his final year of university and uses his eBay business to pay his tuition fees/rent, and I feel like I've messed it up for him because PayPal have linked our accounts (which is plainly obvious, same address, surname etc).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

At least you'll have your money back by this summer if you don't have any claims.

Well you ask why they are targeting you all, then in the next paragraph you mention your brother has a banned account, which is why he was banned. They will not unban him, so calling is meaningless. Your best bet is to create some stealths, and sell slowly, as well as head for Amazon if possible, you might be able to get some good sales. Worth a shot!
Old 03-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
At least you'll have your money back by this summer if you don't have any claims.

Well you ask why they are targeting you all, then in the next paragraph you mention your brother has a banned account, which is why he was banned. They will not unban him, so calling is meaningless. Your best bet is to create some stealths, and sell slowly, as well as head for Amazon if possible, you might be able to get some good sales. Worth a shot!
He's never had a banned account before, this is his first one he opened as soon as he turned 18.

Maybe I should have made myself clearer, but what I mean was first they limited my Dad's business account, then mine, and now my brothers first and only PayPal account which is completely unconnected to any banned account apart from being registered at the same address.

It seems like he's been limited simply for being related?
Old 03-19-2011

Longevity: 81%

If it is the same address that will link you right away. Same ip too. Same computer files and cookies linking as well. And im sure there are a number of other things too.
Old 03-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. And he's made no point of hiding his identity as he's not doing anything wrong and it's hardly his fault that he's registered at the same address. I'm sure PayPal have known this for a while, why would it be flagged up now?

Can't they just apply some godamn common sense rather than limiting accounts for absolutely no reason? I know what will happen, he'll call them and they'll tell him it's a routine limitation and can be easily resolved, he'll then submit a ton of personal info and WHAM! a few hours later he'll get the 180 days notice. This is bull****, absolute bull****.

My dad's account got limited because of the type of product he was selling (iPhones) as it was a 'risk and a serious threat' to PayPal. So if selling mobile phones is a potential risk to PayPal why don't they pull out of that market? I then got banned seemingly because I'm related and sell the same stuff, and now my brother too no doubt.
Old 03-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Just a little update if anyone's interested.

So my brother phoned them up today, said he spoke to a nice guy in Dublin who talked him through everything. My brother explained what it was that he sold, how he was at university during the week and home at weekends, 100% positive feedback, no buyer disputes in the last 7 months at all etc...and they guy was like there will be absolutely no problem with your account and hopefully it'll be reinstated within a few hours.

He logged in 20 minutes ago and surprise, surprise, he's been given the 180 day notice, and permanently suspended on eBay. Absolute crock of **** PayPal are.
Old 03-24-2011

Longevity: 81%

that is b/c everything is linked. how are you surprised by this? just because its a different family member, doesnt matter to them. buy the stealth guide and get back on ebay. you wont have to be mad or worried again.

steve
Old 03-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesokol21 View Post
just because its a different family member, doesnt matter to them.
Thing is this was said to the first agent and he said it wasn't a problem. He said he understood that various family members are registered at this address and that's fine.

I don't think he'll continue selling on eBay, but it was still useful to have.

If I were to get a few stealth accounts, it would be too risky to sell expensive mobile phones on there wouldn't it? If I had three running at the same time selling a couple of phones a week, I'm sure it'd be limited again in no time.