eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   PayPal Payments reversed- limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/32877-paypal-payments-reversed-limited.html)

bj355 06-19-2011 11:03 PM

PayPal Payments reversed- limited

So yesterday, I send a fairly significant payment through PayPal. An hour later, I'm limited (I just got myself unlimited the day before) and the payment is on a temporary hold.

Case Reversal Details
PayPal is constantly monitoring site activity and reviewing transactions.

This payment has been selected for review and we have opened an investigation.

Inquiry by PayPal - Case ID: PP-.....................
Transaction ID:
Seller Name & Email:
Transaction Amount: -negative balance USD
Transaction Date: Jun 18, 2011

Dispute History Log - Most Recent 2
The Dispute History Log displays all actions related to your claim. Date Actor Action Details
Jun 19, 2011 Seller Response received from seller
Jun 19, 2011 PayPal Email sent to seller

I don't understand this. I don't believe I've done anything wrong here. But now neither of us have the money. Is this some sort of junk PayPal is doing to create some float?

unkown5454 06-20-2011 02:43 AM

Happens when sending large amounts of money on an account that has no consistent history of such high sending transactions, and when using a new IP address that PP does not recognize.

Some information will need to be verified on your end most likely since you were the sender and they will more than likely just reverse it back into your account balance.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 06-20-2011 03:41 AM

If they are your real info details, I suggest you change it coz who knows who is looking at your personal info.

GrannyT 06-20-2011 04:04 AM

:eek:OP - Surely that's not THE log. Tell me you've altered all the numbers and the amounts - if not you had better edit your post or PM a mod to take this thread off - you are really acting dangerously if these details are correct:eek:

OfficialGenius 06-20-2011 08:05 AM

I've never been through this and would like to know the outcome so keep us updated! :)

GreenBean 06-20-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannytranny (Post 241238)
:eek:OP - Surely that's not THE log. Tell me you've altered all the numbers and the amounts - if not you had better edit your post or PM a mod to take this thread off - you are really acting dangerously if these details are correct:eek:

Details changed.

OP: better not to show ANYTHING of your info :doh:

GreenBean 06-20-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj355 (Post 241178)
I don't understand this. I don't believe I've done anything wrong here. But now neither of us have the money. Is this some sort of junk PayPal is doing to create some float?

paypal dont need to creat a float. They have more than enough money. :rolleyes:

TBH this is usual paypal behavior even on accounts that got unlimited hours previously.

Why? paypal still do not 'know' you. New account, big amount of transfer so paypal is protecting themselves.

Phone them and ask them what it means and what you must do.

Have your info. Good Luck:pop2:

rsot 06-20-2011 09:29 AM

Solid statement by GB - best to be followed.

bj355 06-20-2011 12:30 PM

Didn't know that my information could be traced through the case information unless you worked for PayPal. And if PayPal doesn't want float, how come they're limiting accounts and not letting you get your money for 180 days?

rsot 06-20-2011 03:14 PM

Limiting your money for 180 days does not equal float. It equals money that can be INVESTED at users' expense for 180 days

GreenBean 06-20-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj355 (Post 241363)
Didn't know that my information could be traced through the case information unless you worked for PayPal. And if PayPal doesn't want float, how come they're limiting accounts and not letting you get your money for 180 days?

Missing the point.

We DONT WANT any personal info put in a thread. Privacy etc etc.

It's a long standing practise.

You've been advised. Appreciate the concern :peace:

bj355 06-20-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 241437)
Limiting your money for 180 days does not equal float. It equals money that can be INVESTED at users' expense for 180 days

aka float....

gbunton11 06-23-2011 03:44 AM

bj355 you are not the only one
for absolutely no reason just as a buyer,with changed ip & mac address each time open paypal,various accnts jst get the automatic so called 'reviews'
when i pay for inexpensive items,or big makes no diff they flag it for 2 cents at times
ridiculous,i have to inform sellers as most are like 'oh,never had this happen before' dont know why paypal would do this,and have to explain in brief terms,because of what situation paypal/ebay put you in.
and state they flag the reviews,as i paid for 5 items,or even one transaction
and have to tell sellers,i will get it closed,ill state valid in reply to unauth and pls close give funds to seller,then they close it usually in one day,buy if you dont reply by selecting that & stating valid
they keep their review open never closing it for weeks.
you'll get a reverse back to your accnt,but that's bo good to you either,as you said they limit the accnt it goes back to you,so you can see your balance back to you,which is bad enough as you wanted/needed it to go to where it was meant to.
but it just sits there until or if they decided to re instate your accnt,after killng yourself providing info,tbh not worth providing info,verify yourself they do it again few days later,so gone to all that effort for nothing,
its joke happened me before and verified but still got a 180days to wait.
standard policy.it's all very ridiculous jst trying to make few purchashes or sales and treated like a criminal for no reason by paypal,******hate them, but have to accept them,have to pay by them,as their the main ones only ones ppl on ebay want to accept!! and their useless no replys to customer emails,
and their annoying no help phone customer service,well if you complete steps to remove limitation,yes,try that and you'll see what i mean,it doesn't stop the 'whenever they feel like i't limits they put on your account,you never know when its coming,its living on the edge all time,why i set up new account each time i need pay etc,but unless you buy new pc each time after few times,even changing mac,ip,details,tel number,still limited as its unverified but least done what i need to do,their a nightmare,they drive you crazy :bump:

bj355 06-24-2011 02:32 AM

Just for the knowledge base: What happened above means you're permantly limited.