eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Funds still held :why? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/32977-funds-still-held-why.html)

Mosex11 06-22-2011 01:41 AM

Funds still held :why?

Hi, everyone! This is my first post so please go easy on me. Here goes..

On 5/11/11 I get an email from paypal saying they've limited my account because they "need a little more information on some of my recent sales." I didnt receive or send any money that day, they just limited me.. I think it had something to do with the $2,300 sitting in that account. (I know I should have withdrawn it all, but at that time I was a newbie and I trusted paypal like they were a bank)
That paypal was a stealth account so when I got hit with the limitation I couldn't give them the ID and SSN that they wanted so I decided to wait the 180 days to get the money out of there. But almost exactly a month later on 6/9/11 I get emails saying that paypal will "temporarily hold my funds" for 4 of my transactions.. On the resolution center it says that it is an "inquiry by paypal". (I was the receiver of money on all 4 of the transactions) I responded to all 4 of the disputes and messaged paypal why I received the payments.
All 4 transactions were made a while ago before May, so I don't understand why paypal would hold them now.. Those 4 transactions totalled up to $2.3k, which was everything I had in my paypal account. 2 of those transactions were personal payments from 1 guy paying me back money that I let him borrow, and the other 2 were from my friend whom I gave some stuff to sell on eBay, and he was just giving me the money he got from the sales. I hand delivered him the goods to sell because he lives near me, so I don't have tracking info to prove I sent him the goods..

Now it has been almost 2 weeks and paypal is still holding my money as "inquiry by paypal."money for this long?? How do I get it back into my account, do I call paypal or something? Do I have a chance of getting my money back? !! Thank you, and sorry about the long read!