Limited due to match list. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Limited due to match list.

I've been doing business of selling tangible goods on ebay. We bring in about $60k/month and had it since march.

paypal limited us for SSN first, then required whole bunch of information which I supplied about 2 months ago.

Then they just closed my account today saying my company was in the match list (TMF).

I don't have any other merchant service and deal only on ebay and paypal, so I'm assuming it's paypal who put my company in that file. I have another paypal account using same EIN (but rarely use the account) and that account is limited as well.

Talking with paypal was like talking with a robot who can only say 'This was a business decision but it's final.'

I had about 4 disputes over last 5 months. some of them were paypal error where they charged customer twice. all of them were either unauthorized payment initiated by buyers or some idiots starting dispute for returning an item.

any help would be great. I'm totally confused and bummed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 75%

I hate when they do that too, I had a batch of products that went faulty (about 10) and although a couple just contacted me and I organized a refund there were the rest who opened disputes instead. I resolved them all but Paypal still limited my account permanently.

Have you tried calling them for details? Seems you aren't using a stealth account and are being 100% truthful so it'd confuse me why they'd freeze it.
Old 07-08-2011
Threadstarter  

I didn't think about, actually know about stealth before this incident.
like I said, contacting paypal gave no fruit, so did you have something like this done to your account as well?
Old 07-08-2011

Yes I ended up with them saying they can no longer do business with me etc - I think it was about 8-10 disputes that month, keeping in mind this was when my eBay was suspended to the point where I couldn't actually reply to the buyers e-mails either although I tried.
Old 07-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Did paypal give you explanation that the closure of account was based on those 8-10 disputes?

Your account was personal (premier) one, not business, right?
Old 07-08-2011

You called and tried to get it back, but the no longer wish to do business with you is usually final. Best to move on to new accounts. It is not to hard to rebuild, just takes time.
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrigri View Post
I've been doing business of selling tangible goods on ebay. We bring in about $60k/month and had it since march.

paypal limited us for SSN first, then required whole bunch of information which I supplied about 2 months ago.

Then they just closed my account today saying my company was in the match list (TMF).

I don't have any other merchant service and deal only on ebay and paypal, so I'm assuming it's paypal who put my company in that file. I have another paypal account using same EIN (but rarely use the account) and that account is limited as well.

Talking with paypal was like talking with a robot who can only say 'This was a business decision but it's final.'

I had about 4 disputes over last 5 months. some of them were paypal error where they charged customer twice. all of them were either unauthorized payment initiated by buyers or some idiots starting dispute for returning an item.

any help would be great. I'm totally confused and bummed.

There is MUCH MUCH more to this than that. IF you are bringing in that kind of money then you should be talking to an attorney, etc trying to figure this out. If I was making nearly a million a year on ebay I would not be trying to figure this out on my own. I would think your tax and business attourneys would be involved but thats just me.

Anyway. if you want help on here you are going to have to post more than that. emails, what you might have done wrong, etc. They just didnt do it out of them blue. not on an account like that. You did something wrong and we can probably help you but your email was just a complaint, no info regarding the issue at all really.

I would definitely hurry up with the info as by your account you would losing around $2,000.00 per day in sales.
Old 07-09-2011

Is your ebay account suspended too or is it okay?