eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal temporary hold "FROM NOW ON" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/37837-paypal-temporary-hold-now.html)

jwinno 10-12-2011 03:19 PM

Paypal temporary hold "FROM NOW ON"

FROM NOW ON????

is this new to paypal? my account with Ebay is 98.5 positive, always refund with any complaints. First I got the 21 Day hold re-instated after being in-active for 2 months, now it is on "temporary hold from now on". :mad2:

rsot 10-12-2011 08:00 PM

Not a new concept sadly

FandangoKango 10-12-2011 08:04 PM

Paypal + new world order = paypal holds!

BigCJ 10-12-2011 11:55 PM

It should go away once you have established a reliable seller history.

I got that email on a few accounts and I find that once I show them that I ship fast and my clients are happy, they lift the hold. Mine usually last less then a month, but I know it can stretch into 3 or more.

NoSmile 10-13-2011 06:25 AM

Can your information same another account.... i met poblem same u. I contact and fixed it

amyosity 11-09-2011 05:52 PM

Seriously PayPal?

I have 100% feedback, no complaints, no issues and no hold on my account...until I started selling more than I normally do. Now, suddenly PayPal puts a hold on my funds for 21 days. Doesn't make any sense to me and what do you do? It's not like you have a lot of options if you want to sell on eBay and be buyer friendly. If you don't offer PayPal, you might as well be asking them to pay in some obscure foreign currency. I think it's a really crappy deal.

Plus, they say that they release the funds for shipping shortly after purchase but the last two things I've shipped after the hold was put in place have come from my bank account, not PayPal. WTH?

:mad2:

lowrider 11-13-2011 07:08 PM

Yeah this is getting to be a joke with PAYPAL. I got the 21 day hold once and then they released it, now I got it again. I have 100% feedback all 31 transactions left positive feedback. I just did two more transactions and shipped priority mail with delivery confirmation. Items were delivered and it has been 5 days and still not released. Items are just $20 toys, sellers haven't left feedback yet and they are new users which most don't. Really would consider a class action against PAYPAL for doing this. They get our money and I am sure they earn interest on it while it sits in their account and then they release it at their leisure. I don't sell that many items but I think I am going to throw the towel in because it is becoming more of a hassle than anything. I started doing stealth after e-bay shut the door on me. 1000 transactions 99.9% feedback, 1 buyer who I refused to refund unless he sent back the product which he said was damaged. He wanted me to send the money without him sending me the product. I still have a 100% real PAYPAL account that I did not want to attach to a stealth e-bay account. Just don't want to take the risk of ebay and paypal figuring it out.

techbayelectronics 11-14-2011 12:11 AM

same prob

i got holds on all my payments received until proof that items are shipped is shown? sucks...

stanislav 11-14-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

I still have a 100% real PAYPAL account that I did not want to attach to a stealth e-bay account. Just don't want to take the risk of ebay and paypal figuring it out.
Hold on a second! Are you saying that it's better NOT TO LINK eBay and PayPal together ?

Sandy D 11-16-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 286472)
Hold on a second! Are you saying that it's better NOT TO LINK eBay and PayPal together ?

The key word is REAL account.

Key word means to not link a real pp account with a stealth account.

Sandy D 11-16-2011 03:33 PM

pp is having some issues.

I get the email that funds are available and a few days later get the email saying they are holding it now.

I got one account that was not being held, then held and when I sold something it was not held.

No rhyme or reason anymore.

Cashew 11-17-2011 11:38 PM

i have 1 real.....no limits e bay or paypal 4+ yrs

2 st ealth....Paypal temporary hold "FROM NOW ON" 1000 withdraw limit a month 5 months now. xlnt dsr's

it takes them about 10-20 days to release anything even tho i send everything with tracking.

I ain't calling anyone..........it ain't broke///don't fix it

I'm just hoping it gets better.......... both e bay and pay pal

as of now, i'm thinking at least 10 more accounts for both.....the geeks that try to control us might of had a bad night and decide to stick it to a bunch of people the next day........

You can be doing everything right, even legit(as we all know) and BOOOOM your out

REmember, they don't need a reason and they don't have to tell you why your account is no longer any good. Its their house

If and when you do lose an account.......you must have backups going or it will take you at least 6 months to just be able to sell 40-50 items a month. some people get lucky with their selling limits and all i can say is WTFG.

Clones 11-29-2011 05:00 AM

This is the same problem that occurs to me now, i am also still in trouble.

Omgoozle 11-29-2011 09:21 AM

I have 40+ accounts which do a MINIMUM of 500/mo and up to 4000/mo in sales and I don't have any of these issues. Also notable - I do not use PP shipping and I do not upload tracking info. Everything I send is 1st Class Mail without tracking

When the account is new and not confirmed with a bank account, I get the 21 day hold. Even if they say it's "from now on..." they still review it every 35 days. You can read the details of this in the the link at the end of the notification which says, "Click here to read about our payment holds policy."

21 days sucks. But just the FIRST 21 days. After that it's cash-flow as usual.

Because of all your problems - I am curious what category you're selling in. Is it high risk?

hackteck 11-29-2011 09:42 AM

i got that same hold on my pp 2 months ago or so they lifted it after 30 days it was due to my increased sales

glasstree 11-29-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omgoozle (Post 291027)
21 days sucks. But just the FIRST 21 days. After that it's cash-flow as usual.

What do you mean just the FIRST 21 days? Every time I sell something on my Stealths, the payment is held - until THREE DAYS AFTER delivery confirmed! It's getting ridiculous. Now I have an item to ship, it's going to cost about $35 to do so and have to use my own cash. Every other item with a hold on payment, eBay has let me ship and they "loan" the money until payment is released. This time, they won't (it may be because I'm using UPS and not USPS for the 1st time, or maybe because shipping is kind of expensive). When I try to ship through eBay, it reroutes to my Paypal account (which has a zero balance - and it's Stealth so no backup). All I know is it sucks! If they only put a 21 day hold on the 1st buyer payment, I definitely would not have this problem now.

Omgoozle 11-30-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasstree (Post 291096)
What do you mean just the FIRST 21 days? Every time I sell something on my Stealths, the payment is held - until THREE DAYS AFTER delivery confirmed! It's getting ridiculous. Now I have an item to ship, it's going to cost about $35 to do so and have to use my own cash. Every other item with a hold on payment, eBay has let me ship and they "loan" the money until payment is released. This time, they won't (it may be because I'm using UPS and not USPS for the 1st time, or maybe because shipping is kind of expensive). When I try to ship through eBay, it reroutes to my Paypal account (which has a zero balance - and it's Stealth so no backup). All I know is it sucks! If they only put a 21 day hold on the 1st buyer payment, I definitely would not have this problem now.

On the 22nd day, the money rolls in from the 1st day... et cetera et cetera...

If you want to open up some money on your PP. Get a prepaid card and attach it to the PP account. Then print shipping directly through PP (not though eB@y), using the card as a funding source to pay for the shipping.

In the next 10 minutes the corresponding amount will be released from your pending balance into your PP account.

glasstree 12-01-2011 11:48 AM

OK OMG, I'll try that next time. I've heard ebay & PP won't take some prepaids anymore (like Vanilla Visas) but maybe that's just for paying fees - who knows.