eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal Limited ? link to another account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/41012-paypal-limited-link-another-account.html)

Callie 89 12-28-2011 04:39 PM

Paypal Limited ? link to another account?

I am new here - so if I posted this in the wrong area, please be patient with me. Oh my gosh do I need some assistance! . I opened the account quite some months back and yes - it is a stealth account. My address and bank account information is correct.

The only thing that is stealth about it is that I changed my name by a few letters. Paypal limited my account today and said that they have connected it to and old account I had - which I did have. However, I was very careful when setting up the stealth account not using any information that could be connected to my old account. I used new bank info, change my IP, cleared my cookies, new credit card, had moved so the address was not an issue, etc. I had to set up an EIN that paypal requested and provided them with this information several months ago. I obtained the EIN from the IRS with my real name and SS (don't want to get in any trouble with the IRS ). I provided only my business name and EIN to paypal as they requested. By the way, my stealth name and my real name is only off by a few letters and that is the only thing about my account is the name is off by a few letters.

I called paypal today to try and find out what was going on and the guy said that they had linked me to an old account I had and asked me if my SS number ended in XXXX. The old account must be about five years old or more and I must have provided my SS number on that old account. That account had been limited for no good reason so I started over recently with my new account.

However, on my new account I only provided my EIN number and business name to paypal. I told the guy my SS number was not the same, (I didn't know what to say at that point). He said that he was going to send it
for review and would get back to me within 48 hours with the outcome. He also recommended that I go to paypal and add my SS number - which I can't do because it will match the SS number on the old account.

Is it possible that paypal was able to link the EIN number I provided to my real name? I am so worried at this point and don't know what to do!. I have about 40 items sitting in sold on ebay needing shipped and I can't even access the funds to ship these items. I asked the guy if he would lift enough for me to ship and he said he could not do that at this time.

It's easy to set up a new account. However, its not that easy to get up and running again due to the number of items ebay limits that a new seller can sell. When I started, I was only allowed to list 20 items per month in the clothing category.

It is so upsetting as I was finally building my business again and a top rated seller. I don't know what to do and am worried about getting in trouble??

Any thoughts please as to what to do now????

Callie 89 12-29-2011 06:56 AM

Please anyone?? I need help! Should I open another paypal account and just pay for the shipping for the items I sold out of my pocket in order to keep my Ebay account in good standing? Or is it a matter of time before they limit my ebay account as well??

oompaloompa 12-29-2011 11:24 AM

you have to choose to not ship items or refund customers - given that they not unlimit you and you wait 180 days for money - up to you

Have they asked for any docs to unlimit your paypal? or are you limited permanantly? Did you owe money on previous linked account?

I would start again regardless, while you sort this out, for a back-up acc at least.

Have a search on EIN on forum exposing real name, I am not sure, but do not think it does, if set up correctly.

Callie 89 12-29-2011 11:36 AM

I cannot refund customers paypal will not allow it. Yes, the old account does have a negative balance and it is not just a few bucks either. I would pay it but am afraid they will limit me permanently regardless. They said that I had to do a few things, Confirm my telephone number, add my SS #, confirm my address and clear up that old account in order to lift the limitation. I can't add my SS# because they already have that on file with the old account. Do you think this will affect my ebay account as well? Hasn't so far.

rsot 12-29-2011 03:00 PM

Welcome to the forums. While I would recommend that you need to go new and stealth again, my first q is - did you reuse an old eBay account? I understand your old pp was blocked but what about eb?

Callie 89 12-29-2011 07:59 PM

They were both blocked ebay and paypal on the old accounts. I went away from ebay for a while and created new accounts about nine months ago. Now paypal limited me somehow linking me to my old account - but I can't imagine how. I still have active listings on ebay but all of the funds are going into the limited paypal account so I need to do something quick! Either end my listings until I get a bank account or I've seen people on here that sell existing paypal accounts. Any thoughts on those?

selling4life 12-30-2011 12:53 AM

50/50

Man, i feel you on the limited thing and not being able to ship because of limitations. Is that the only active PP that you have going? I always used funds from other EB/PP accts that i had going. You have to because if they shut down one acct then your screwed b/c you have all of your eggs in one basket. If i were you, i would close that that old PP acct. and maybe call and see if you can keep one of the accts. and why is it limited for? the other PP acct? if worst comes to worst you may have to walk away from that acct and create other ones. You should be good on your EB acct, you just need to find w good payment gateway. Let me know man!!

selling4life 12-30-2011 01:04 AM

Stop the Bleeding!

If you are selling at a high pace and feel like it may take some time to sort through things, i would end the listings right away. I had a situation like that come up when i almost had to make that decision. But, my logic was maybe i may have to walk away but things ended up working out. I made a decision though to create as many PP accts as i could just in case. Thats my New Years Resolution!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callie 89 (Post 299873)
They were both blocked ebay and paypal on the old accounts. I went away from ebay for a while and created new accounts about nine months ago. Now paypal limited me somehow linking me to my old account - but I can't imagine how. I still have active listings on ebay but all of the funds are going into the limited paypal account so I need to do something quick! Either end my listings until I get a bank account or I've seen people on here that sell existing paypal accounts. Any thoughts on those?

irdogg 12-30-2011 01:10 AM

if you used your last name they find out some how they caught me right away after i added my bank

Callie 89 12-30-2011 11:18 AM

Yes, I feel pretty much screwed. I ended all of my listings last night until I figure out what to do. I called paypal today and yes my limitation is due to an old account from almost ten years ago! I told them I didn't know anything about and old account and they are sending it for review - but I am not expecting a positive outcome. But I told them that they are going to have a mess because unless my money was freed up, I could not ship and I have a lot of items needing to go.I told them those are all going to come back on paypal for refunds. They wanted information from me which I can provide except the phone number. I have a cell phone and they said I can't use a cell phone to verify my location so I could do it by mail. I told them I don't have that kind of time.

How do you guys created multiple paypal accounts? Don't they connect the IP address as the same on all of them??

What are some good alternatives to paypal?? Any ideas?

rsot 12-30-2011 11:24 AM

/quote

How do you guys created multiple paypal accounts? Don't they connect the IP address as the same on all of them??

Read the stealth guide and use stealth methods to create new accounts without being linked. Or read all around the forum and you will see how many operate.

selling4life 12-31-2011 01:13 AM

Confirm Loc

Use a Magic Jack for the loc confirmation by phone if that is all that is required. You can confirm and have access almost instantly in most cases. how many more PP accounts do you have? just in case?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callie 89 (Post 299991)
Yes, I feel pretty much screwed. I ended all of my listings last night until I figure out what to do. I called paypal today and yes my limitation is due to an old account from almost ten years ago! I told them I didn't know anything about and old account and they are sending it for review - but I am not expecting a positive outcome. But I told them that they are going to have a mess because unless my money was freed up, I could not ship and I have a lot of items needing to go.I told them those are all going to come back on paypal for refunds. They wanted information from me which I can provide except the phone number. I have a cell phone and they said I can't use a cell phone to verify my location so I could do it by mail. I told them I don't have that kind of time.

What are some good alternatives to paypal?? Any ideas?

irdogg 12-31-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selling4life (Post 300124)
Use a Magic Jack for the loc confirmation by phone if that is all that is required. You can confirm and have access almost instantly in most cases. how many more PP accounts do you have? just in case?

please don't give out secrets :shhh:

Callie 89 12-31-2011 09:05 AM

I don't have any - that is the problem. I'm going to set one up today but am having a very difficult time trying to change my ip address. It's not that easy. I have cable directly connected to a modem? Any suggestions.

I'm telling you guys this much I know - if you set up a tax ID under your real name (which you need to do) and then provide the tax ID and business name to paypal - they will get you eventually on a stealth account. That is all I gave them and is the only way they could have connected me to an old account.

Paypal asked me to enter my SS # as part of the limitation requirement and their system won't take it. I suspect because on my PP account my name is misspelled only by one letter.

Callie 89 01-02-2012 11:15 AM

After numerous phone calls to paypal - no luck. They keep telling me they are sending it to be reviewed and I would hear something in 24 to 48 hours - nothing. And...they lie to you. The guy I talked to last time tried to tell me they linked me through the same name and the same IP address. I called him on it and told him through my many phone calls I know it is not the same name and the IP address couldn't possibly be the same because the accounts were in two different cities that were two hours away according to the information they provided. He was rude at that point and said it must be identity theft and to file a police report and fax it to them.....

Don't they see that all of my 50 sold items are going to come back on them if they do not correct this???

Callie 89 01-02-2012 11:35 AM

I know I need to stop whining about this and start over and give up my ebay account. However, it's hard because I sell in the clothing category and they only let you list 20 items a month. It's so hard that way to start over.......

mememe1972 01-02-2012 11:41 AM

they may have folledup the ein number but look you need to set up at least 4 accounts at all times. Look at it as your heart with four arteries if one shuts down it want kill you off immediately and you have time to get it replaced. Now one line of cash coming through that gets chopped your dead(mentally ebay and paypal will drive you up a wall if you dont prepare).

vany 01-02-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mememe1972 (Post 300505)
they may have folledup the ein number but look you need to set up at least 4 accounts at all times. Look at it as your heart with four arteries if one shuts down it want kill you off immediately and you have time to get it replaced. Now one line of cash coming through that gets chopped your dead(mentally ebay and paypal will drive you up a wall if you dont prepare).

Totally agree with you, one must be always prepared. set aside as many account as you can.So, when you are in need, you can find them.This way, you can go slow, unnoticed, and under the radar