I got blindsided - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-23-2012
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default I got blindsided

this is disgusting. i checked my email a couple hours ago and saw 2 new messages saying that my account has been permanently limited and the other one telling me what to do to lift the limits. contradictory much? but whatever i will not provide any more personal info to paypal than i already have....

now things gets even more complicated

i have nearly $500 in my PP balance. my question is if i do not respond to any of the requests to lift limits in the resolution/dispute center, will they still release my money after 180 days via check (i don't have a bank account)?

and also, i did some shopping right before i was hit with this BS. hence the title. i paid for all my purchases (2 on ebay, one on walmart.com) with my paypal balance and in the transaction history it says "completed". but in the dispute center they have placed a temporary hold on my payments or something. which one is correct? and if there is a hold, how temporary is it because i would like to get the stuff i just bought. that would kinda makes things a little better lol but yeah i'm done.

as you can see i just registered for you guys' advice so please any input or even sympathy would be appreciated... thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Welcome to the forum.
I am sorry for your ordeal. All of us here been there. Good that you joined. Solid advice based on real experience here.
If you don't reply to their email, the 180 are counted since that email. As for the hold on payments done, I have situations where it passed and payment was not reversed. However, on other accounts it was reversed but payment was not completed when account was limited.
Old 01-23-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestealthgeneration View Post
this is disgusting. i checked my email a couple hours ago and saw 2 new messages saying that my account has been permanently limited and the other one telling me what to do to lift the limits. contradictory much? but whatever i will not provide any more personal info to paypal than i already have....

now things gets even more complicated

i have nearly $500 in my PP balance. my question is if i do not respond to any of the requests to lift limits in the resolution/dispute center, will they still release my money after 180 days via check (i don't have a bank account)?

and also, i did some shopping right before i was hit with this BS. hence the title. i paid for all my purchases (2 on ebay, one on walmart.com) with my paypal balance and in the transaction history it says "completed". but in the dispute center they have placed a temporary hold on my payments or something. which one is correct? and if there is a hold, how temporary is it because i would like to get the stuff i just bought. that would kinda makes things a little better lol but yeah i'm done.

as you can see i just registered for you guys' advice so please any input or even sympathy would be appreciated... thanks in advance
What you did wrong was probably spend alot of money the same day or within 2 days. Spending more than 150 dollars in one day is a flag with paypal.

Yes, in 180 days you will get your money guaranteed In 180 you can have it mailed to the stealth address on file. No, paypal will not let you mail it to another address. Why? Because its paypal policy. Yes, you can add a bank account or savings account by that time and make the transfer happen.
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 77%

Spending more than $150 in a day is a red flag to paypal?

How are people supposed to buy items that cost more than $150?????

Maybe it's because the money was related to ebay transactions and he didn't wait enough time from the transaction date to spend it - maybe different IP, or account not fully verified.

I did some shopping online for a friend - a total of $525 (great way to withdraw money from PP) - made each transaction 1 or 2 days apart, last transaction was for $160 on ebay. Never got any limitation.
Old 01-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Yes 180 days to get funds.

Quite possible OP purchased way too quickly with the funds or a lot might depend on what OP was selling. More info needed.
Old 01-23-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yeah I spent about 200$ last night. and i guess that money is in limbo because those transactions/payments did get placed placed on hold so i'm out nearly 700...

now that i calmed down i might try to work with them but will this guarantee my account to be restored back to regular status at all so i can get the money out more quickly? i'm wondering why they would even ask me to do these things if my account was "permanently" limited. they're asking for my SS security number, bank account (i might just open a new one), invoices, confirming location etc.
Old 01-23-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: just got off the phone with PP limits review dep. guy and basically after kissing his ass i checked the resolution center and they now only need my ID, credit card statement, proof of address, and for me to confirm my location. he did say i just needed to prove i am who i say i am because i was moving alot of money. should be no problem but hopefully they don't eff me over again after i give them this stuff
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
What you did wrong was probably spend alot of money the same day or within 2 days. Spending more than 150 dollars in one day is a flag with paypal.
Stop this nonsense please - how on earth can that be a red flag? If it was most of the buyers on one of my accounts would be suspended.
Old 01-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Don't throw inaccurate statistics like that.

Paypal absolutely loves it when you shop with them. The more you spend, the happier they are. They won't limit you at all unless there is something else suspicious about your activities or the account itself. Spending too much funds right after you receive it could be one of several examples.
Old 01-24-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

under limitation details the main reason they gave for limiting my account was that they "needed more information about my recent sale". it was a vero item i sold about a week ago, and the item will probably be delivered to buyer tomorrow. so they requested the standard identity confirmation details earlier like i said then after i uploaded that they requested the tracking number for the item and the original bill of sale invoice that showed how i got it and that it was mine. just said that i received it as a christmas present, no receipt or invoice obviously so the PP rep told me to write a letter saying who gave it to me, why i decided to sell it, etc.. and told me that that is all the information needed and my account would be returned back to regular status after. is it really that easy lol? but yeah i wrote up the letter in a word doc., sent it in, and i already uploaded the tracking number... haven't heard anything yet but hope all goes smooth. definitely going to request a check withdrawal and getting out of this though

another positive: i guess walmart doesn't check their PP because the order i placed last night just shipped with fedex! payment is still showing in resolution center as temporarily held, but w/e
Old 01-24-2012

Activity: 5%

Im curious, by any chance were you buying gift cards off walmart if you dont mind me asking?
Old 01-24-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

if you mean my most recent purchase, nope. it was a mini-fridge for my room lol

but i have bought and used walmart prepaid visa gift cards to fund my account. since i don't have a bank account it works wonders
Old 01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestealthgeneration View Post
if you mean my most recent purchase, nope. it was a mini-fridge for my room lol

but i have bought and used walmart prepaid visa gift cards to fund my account. since i don't have a bank account it works wonders
But does it?
Old 01-24-2012

Longevity: 74%
Send a message via Yahoo to ssam

they limited access your account coz I think the money was coming from Ebay and you tried to buy fast using this funds which PP hates, They think that you are cashing out your money very quickly, you can spend like $150 or $200 but how and in how long that is the question...
Old 01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssam View Post
they limited access your account coz I think the money was coming from Ebay and you tried to buy fast using this funds which PP hates, They think that you are cashing out your money very quickly, you can spend like $150 or $200 but how and in how long that is the question...
I second that.
Old 01-24-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
But does it?
i guess you're right. i received this freakin message when i checked my email this morning

"Dear xxxxxx,

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts
for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close
it because of security issues."

anybody know where i should go from here? should i even bother calling them at this point? i have a gift payment that i issued to myself from another account like a month ago for around $350. should i refund that money and get at least a chunk of my PP balance back to the other account (completely different info)?

and the payments that i made that were temporarily held, will they be reversed-or completed?

thank you for all the input thus far..
Old 01-24-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Do you still have access to your pp account?
Old 01-24-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

yes, nothing's changed on it except when i go into the resolution center, the limatation review list is gone and there are no more options for me to 'resolve'. it just has a bunch of things i can and can't do while limited

and i received the email about 2 hours ago then i logged on to check just now

my other pp account has no problems
Old 01-24-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

i'm thinking of doing this:

like i said, i sent myself a gift payment for $350 from another one of my accounts about a month ago, and i will refund the payment back to that original account since i still have the option to refund. it has completely different names, addresses, etc.

i will open an online checking account in my real name and address and link that to the other account but obviously the info won't match up. will that affect my ability to withdraw the refunded 350 in any way? can anyone suggest a bank account that i can withdraw with in my situation in the U.S?

is this whole scheme a good idea at all?? lol 180 days seems too far away
Old 01-24-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:

Yes, in 180 days you will get your money guaranteed In 180 you can have it mailed to the stealth address on file. No, paypal will not let you mail it to another address. Why? Because its paypal policy. Yes, you can add a bank account or savings account by that time and make the transfer happen.
"No, paypal will not let you mail it to another address. Why? Because its paypal policy."

NOT TRUE! I have had accounts limited for 180 days and the day they release the hold to allow me to get my money I have always added my address and had the checks mailed to me in order to avoid wasting a bank account. After the 180 days providing nobody files any claims the money is yours and they don't care how you receive it check or bank account. Just to give you a example of why it's true. In that 180 days maybe you have moved, well they will allow you to put your "new" address without verifying it because you already went through the 180 day hold bullsh**.
Old 01-31-2012

Question: If you your account was on stealth name what can you do with a check that's sent to you?
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I know that I can pass the checks I need to at my bank but that's because they know me.