eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Providing invoice for item received as Gift. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/45428-providing-invoice-item-received-gift.html)

LuvinIt 04-21-2012 09:57 AM

Providing invoice for item received as Gift.

In case you get limitation, will Paypal require you to provide invoice for listed item when it was received as gift?

LuvinIt 04-21-2012 10:06 AM

and you didn't received the receipt

or other cases, you don't have the receipt anymore

crixus12 04-22-2012 12:43 AM

I would like to know this too

How can paypal limit your account and ask for paperworkor receipts when it was a gift or service like something non tangibal??

If I want to give someone money without getting any actual item in return then that is my perrogative How can paypal expect receipts when there may be none??

Thankful 04-22-2012 03:24 PM

This is PayPal standard requirements - sometimes you have to get creative - play their game - give them what they want.

:ranger:

LuvinIt 04-22-2012 09:53 PM

But what if you can't get creative (and there's a lot of items being auctioned in Ebay that were received as gift i.e. handbags the receipt not included), will Paypal still insist you provide receipt?!

BiN4RY 04-22-2012 11:04 PM

Let's put it this way instead: Just because Paypal is giving you steps to lift the limitation, it does not mean they are willing to lift it.

GreenBean 04-23-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crixus12 (Post 333666)
I would like to know this too

How can paypal limit your account and ask for paperworkor receipts when it was a gift or service like something non tangibal??

If I want to give someone money without getting any actual item in return then that is my perrogative How can paypal expect receipts when there may be none??

That's of the silliest things ever posted.

PAYPAL can ask for what they want.

THat's their perogative.

They make the rules.

Anyone using paypal has to know the rules.

To protect itself paypal asks for whatever it wants

That's the program :doh:

GreenBean 04-23-2012 01:48 AM

To the OP

Stop beating around the bush.

Give more info.

Do you have a 'gift' that may also be a copy?:ranger:

Sandy D 04-23-2012 02:23 AM

First thing is to never use GIFT as an option.

oompaloompa 04-23-2012 04:08 AM

think OP saying it is an ebay listing that they received as a gift, not to do with paypal gift payment.

Paypal do not know it is a gift, they hit you with the generic request for invoices, up to you to communicate with them it was a gift, they will usually then say take a picture of it with yourself to prove it is in your possession.

Always handy to keep receipts all for general goods for this situation, sometimes a receipt from department store will state eg ladies clothing, or books, and it can be submitted.

crixus12 04-23-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 333945)
That's of the silliest things ever posted.

PAYPAL can ask for what they want.

THat's their perogative.

They make the rules.

Anyone using paypal has to know the rules.

To protect itself paypal asks for whatever it wants

That's the program :doh:

Why is the silliest thing posted??
I know its their rules and they can ask for what they want to, but if its a GIFT then why would anyone have a receipt?

Its a very simple and logical question. Thats the whole point of a GIFT. Its not a purchase and therefore doesnt require a receipt.

If I send you $50 as a gift or just money I owed you (like it lists in the paypal payment option), as a friend or to a family member that is not in the same state or country, how in the heck can I make a receipt for that?????

And if they require a receipt of money I sent to a family member in need, then it is a dumb program indeed and no wonder why there are so many paypal sucks sites out there

GreenBean 04-23-2012 05:42 AM

Read again what I said.

paypal will as for things to protect themselves.

Too many people tried to bypass their systems.

Now paypal treats gifts, services with suspicion.

No need to tell me about other sites out there that dislike paypal. Users on them are tryig to buck a system that paypal will fight to have.

It's silly to think otherwise. :heh:

crixus12 04-23-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 333997)
Read again what I said.

paypal will as for things to protect themselves.

Too many people tried to bypass their systems.

Now paypal treats gifts, services with suspicion.

No need to tell me about other sites out there that dislike paypal. Users on them are tryig to buck a system that paypal will fight to have.

It's silly to think otherwise. :heh:

I dont need to read it again coz its a silly policy by paypal

So they use the payments sent as a "gift" or "payment owed" as a trick to get people to use that method then lock their accounts?? pathetic

Why do they even have payments sent as a gift or payment owed as an option if its gonna get rejected or be under suspicion?

there is no defence. A gift is a gift is a gift. If they dont want people sending gifts then delete it from their site

looks like paypal is the ones trying to buck the system.
If an honest mother sends $100 to their daughter for living costs and
paypal says its risky and locks their account, what is she to do, send a Post-It note as a receipt??? what a joke

GreenBean 04-23-2012 06:55 AM

Scammers killed the effectiveness of the method(s). :tears:

oompaloompa 04-23-2012 08:35 AM

the OP asked something different, they said item 'listed', saying they received the item as gif and listed it so they dont have receipt.

as for crix12 question, it may not make sense but paypal obviously doing it to protect their system, I agree it is stupid because the liability paypal has for personal payments is low, however they probably dont like to see their fees going in as a personal bypass, when they could get more from goods and services...

LuvinIt 04-23-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 333968)
think OP saying it is an ebay listing that they received as a gift, not to do with paypal gift payment.

Paypal do not know it is a gift, they hit you with the generic request for invoices, up to you to communicate with them it was a gift, they will usually then say take a picture of it with yourself to prove it is in your possession.

Always handy to keep receipts all for general goods for this situation, sometimes a receipt from department store will state eg ladies clothing, or books, and it can be submitted.

This.

How they want you to take the pic? With your EB username written in a piece of paper put next to the item?

It's a LV handbag of my sister who asked me to sell for her in EB. She received it as a gift last New Year's eve it doenst come with receipt. The bag looks authentic, we firmly believe it is.

If you sell item of a relative who asked you to, will they want to talk in the phone to the owner of the item? Or, just the seller?

LuvinIt 04-23-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 333946)
To the OP

Stop beating around the bush.

Give more info.

Do you have a 'gift' that may also be a copy?:ranger:

what 'copy'?

GreenBean 04-23-2012 10:27 PM

Your reply to ompappa gave the info.

paypal will not want to talk to te relative.

The listing should be such that it is not going to get taken down.

Photos with the user name are helpful.

What I do recommend to you is this.

Check the authenticity of the item before you list it.
Do not list it 'because we think it is real'.
Ask yourself if the account can withstand a take down.

Consider finding out from the person who gave the gift where they purchased it.
A 'real' LV would cost mega bucks.
Dot be swayed by your sister into listing any item that might do damage. :ranger:

LuvinIt 04-24-2012 12:11 AM

Ok will verify authenticity first from the gifter. Don't want to ruin my account just for doing my sister a favor.

But I'm worried about them insisting an invoice as proof of authenticity.

If I supply a receipt, will I still get hit with takedown, limitation?

Do VERO, EB, PP even bother to read your listing for details and check out pics you posted or just instantly hit your listing when detected by their computer system it's a high risk VERO item posted?

As much as possible I dont want to go through the hassle of faxing in docs or giving them a call answering silly questions trying to find out if 'you are as you say you are',, as I use stealth account.

GreenBean 04-24-2012 01:55 AM

Take down could be a variety of reasons.

Competitors will report it.

Bots will find it.

LV's VeRo will act.

Do your homework first. That is crucial to a potential listing :ranger:

rsot 04-24-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

As much as possible I dont want to go through the hassle of faxing in docs or giving them a call answering silly questions trying to find out if 'you are as you say you are',, as I use stealth account.
That's really out of your hands - if you have chosen to list it and it sells and you get money...PP will do whatever the risk analysis on your account deems necessary.

Get the research done and invoices ready. Sometimes you do have to do the experiment and report back the results.

LuvinIt 04-25-2012 01:42 AM

Thanks to all. :)