eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Limited due to unauthorised account activity (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/46783-limited-due-unauthorised-account-activity.html)

sconf 05-25-2012 02:37 PM

Limited due to unauthorised account activity

Hello,

PayPal limited my account due to unauthorized activity. The account has real info. I have sent everything they asked and all the requests are marked as complete. The last paragraph in the greeting message said that once all the steps are completed the account will be reinstated automatically. They also asked questions like "are you traveling?" after I completed all the steps (changing password and security questions and providing utility bill). It has been a week and my account is still limited. They don't answer emails.

Do you think I could solve anything if I gave them a call? I have nothing to hide but the international phone bill would be a little expensive. I also read that it takes a good 20-30 minutes of listening to robots before you get to a real person.

Does anybody have any idea how long these kind of limitations take?

Should I be worried that they are not answering my emails?

My account is not completely limited. I can still ask and receive money but I can't withdraw. If they never answer, will I ever get the money in my account back?

I am in the EU. Does anybody know if the "File a complaint in the European Union" option would solve anything? From what I read this is a complaint against PayPal. Would they get upset and close my account?

FizzyFish 05-26-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

I am in the EU. Does anybody know if the "File a complaint in the European Union" option would solve anything? From what I read this is a complaint against PayPal. Would they get upset and close my account?
I looked into this a while ago.

From searching the internet it seems that you may as well just hit your head off a brick wall. It is very unlikely you will achieve anything apart from wasting lots of your time.

Quote:

Do you think I could solve anything if I gave them a call? I have nothing to hide but the international phone bill would be a little expensive. I also read that it takes a good 20-30 minutes of listening to robots before you get to a real person.
You are right it does take a long time to actually speak to some one. You have to speak to a robot first who tries to connect you to the correct department.

Why not set up a skype account to contact them? That is how I contacted them last time.

If you call the UK paypal you could use their local number instead of the number that they give you on the webisite. By doing that it works out much cheaper to call them.

There is a great website called saynoto0870.com that lists geographical (local call) numbers for lots and lots of companies. They have numbers for both PayP and eB.

Personally I would give them a call. If everything is legit then you have nothing to hide.

Good luck.