Paypal requesting SSN or EIN for stealth account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-09-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Paypal requesting SSN or EIN for stealth account.

Long story short - I created an stealth ebay and paypal account with my sisters name using my uncle's address (lives about 1 mile up the block). I've had the account now for 5 months selling small items and slowly building my rep up with both ebay and pp. I now want to link my paypal to my website but before I can do so I have to upgrade my pp account to a business.

After filling out the business application, I waited 2 days and got a reply saying that I need to verify some info (SSN, Utility Bill, Address etc). Now I dont see that being a problem since its my sister and she can help me do that but will paypal give me problems for having a different address (uncle's) than the one on my sisters drivers license? She lives at home with me and my account with paypal is suspended indefinitely (my home address is registered to my old accnt). I'm trying to go about this and just get paypal off my back. Re-read eBay Stealth and its saying to send info (of my sister) but to block out some stuff? They just want to see if the name matches up.

Any help/advice would be great. Thank You!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

do not block out. edit
Old 08-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Upgrading to Business Account DENIED! WHYY?

So I have a stealth account using my sisters name and my uncles address. A couple days ago I tried upgrading to a business account and got denied. They requested to see my sisters SSN and I emailed it to them and STILL got denied. 2 questions.

1) Did I get denied because addresses dont match up?
2) I got suspended using my personal account so should I..
- Use my Business DBA and show proof with my EIN? BUT my business dba is registered under my home address (which on file with my personal file)

Please help?
Old 08-13-2012

Longevity: 76%

You got suspended and denied because you did something seriously wrong

Suggest you go back to studying and learning before trying again.

Some of our cousins from across the pond will be better able to advise you but these things don't just happen - there is always a reason
Old 08-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeko View Post
So I have a stealth account using my sisters name and my uncles address. A couple days ago I tried upgrading to a business account and got denied. They requested to see my sisters SSN and I emailed it to them and STILL got denied. 2 questions.

1) Did I get denied because addresses dont match up?
2) I got suspended using my personal account so should I..
- Use my Business DBA and show proof with my EIN? BUT my business dba is registered under my home address (which on file with my personal file)

Please help?
You were denied because the set up of the account suxed.

Now you have wasted a SSN & made it hard for your sister should she ever go into paypal/ebay.

You have also stuffed up the use of your uncle's address for using on this selling platform.

Here's my two cents.... do not put YOUR real & usuable business info near this dead account.

You should start again. Have a PO Box address & make use of your EIN.

Do not take short-cuts. I strongly recommend you make a plan. Post that plan here B4 you try killing accounts again.
Good Luck
bansheezone (08-18-2012), buckwheats (12-07-2017)
Old 08-14-2012

To take a guess, I'll say PayPal probably noticed so links between your old account and your new one and they want you to verify with SSN or EIN.
Old 08-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Any information that you send in should match your Paypal account information, so now you should know what to do,,,
Old 08-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

Now you have wasted a SSN & made it hard for your sister should she ever go into paypal/ebay.

You have also stuffed up the use of your uncle's address for using on this selling platform.

Here's my two cents.... do not put YOUR real & usuable business info near this dead account.

Do not take short-cuts. I strongly recommend you make a plan. Post that plan here B4 you try killing accounts again.
Good Luck
I know I probably F'd up here. I'm waiting on Paypals response now..
I gave them a utility bill with my uncles address but my sisters name on it. Lets see how that pans out. Is there any chance I'll get to upgrade? - let alone keep the paypal account? and if I DON'T get to keep the account, what happens to all the money in there?

Hate you Paypal..
Old 08-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Good Luck
I was also reading Stealth and it said that ebay no longer takes PO Boxes? Or it raises red flags?
Old 08-15-2012

Why I don't thing he means that his account is suspended.
@OP is your account suspended or was just denied?
Old 08-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post
Why I don't thing he means that his account is suspended.
@OP is your account suspended or was just denied?
Not suspended, just denied application of upgrading to a business account. In the denial email it says to notify pp if I moved. Can't I just say that? Since the address is with my uncle anyway and I showed them a bill with the correct address, just edited name

My ebay has been limited from paying
For stuff and posting new items until I get paypal off my back.
Old 08-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Good Luck

Check out my recent post down there Greenbean. Lemme know if it'll work. Is tere any chance of me keeping the account? Or upgrading some info- saying my sister moved? Of course this will all be done with her on the phone
Old 08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeko View Post
Check out my recent post down there Greenbean. Lemme know if it'll work. Is tere any chance of me keeping the account? Or upgrading some info- saying my sister moved? Of course this will all be done with her on the phone
Sorry i don't have much knowledge on this topic, but if you didn't get suspended then you still can bring back to life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Artann For This Useful Post:
Greeko (08-19-2012)