eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Paypal account limited - no reviewing the case (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/49841-paypal-account-limited-no-reviewing-case.html)

arlowilliams 08-18-2012 01:59 PM

Paypal account limited - no reviewing the case

I recently had my personal paypal account limited and have on several occasions requested a review to remove the limitation. I am considering opening a new paypal account with a new bank account which will be strictly for business purposes.

If I do this, will paypal limit the new business account? Also does anyone have any experience using Skrill on ebay? Is that a deterrent for potential buyers?

Thanks.

GrannyT 08-19-2012 03:22 PM

Right now do not do anything - get educated before you waste your time and assets

arlowilliams 08-20-2012 12:18 PM

That doesnt really answer my question. What should i do?

kirscp 08-21-2012 11:53 PM

Skrill is okay. I accept both Skrill and ProPay ... i'd say that about I'm lucky if 40% of buyers pay. Most request to cancel their purchase, unless they can pay with PayPal.

I'm adding a merchant checkout, so hopefully more buyers pay. I find buyers don't trust anything they have to enter their credit card info. They feel they are giving their info directly to me, which isn't the case. PayPal has basically brainwashed eBay buyers.

arlowilliams 08-22-2012 06:14 AM

Do you think only offering skrill is a deterrent to potential buyers?

ZoonVoo 08-22-2012 08:27 AM

I tried to use skrill. lost 75% of my sales, you have one option ..paypal, all the answers that you are looking for you will find it in Aspkin Ebook, and by reading a lot in the forum

GrannyT 08-22-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlowilliams (Post 369373)

My first answer is sufficient - get educated on what you are doing. You wouldn't attempt to drive a car without learning how to drive so don't attempt to bypass Ebays and Paypals system without first learning how to do it.

All the answers you need are in these forums and the stealth book. Save yourself a whole load of stress and wasted assets and learn how to do it properly by getting educated

:ranger:

soto13 08-22-2012 09:28 AM

i've used skrill for 3 months now, 4 buyers have paid with skrill, as opposed to 67 buyers that paid with paypal, and only 3 did not pay at all...paypal is the only way to go for ebay, they made it that way and it sucks, believe me i hate paypal..but you need them, follow granny t's advice and learn the methods, it is the only way to make sales that are worth your time!

bansheezone 08-23-2012 12:18 AM

An integrated merchant account will do just as good as any Paypal added to your listings thanks to eBay's new checkout the transaction is done on eBay, did 25K in the past 3 months with just a few buyers wanting to pay Paypal. Only way to go, Paypal is a dead end for someone wanted to do real business although research prior to getting a merchant account as there are bad providers in fact almost worse then Paypal. :ranger:

arlowilliams 08-23-2012 05:54 PM

Banshee which merchant account is best and how many are out there?

GreenBean 08-23-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlowilliams (Post 369373)

We cancelled spoon feeding two months ago.

Got too much for us to do. :boink:

What YOU need to do is decide on a new plan to use ebay/paypal again.

Factor into that plan anything that might have contributed to that paypal account getting suspended. Attempt to not repeat the problems.

Part of your problem will relate to the category you list in & the genre of buyers you have. Some may not be able to comprehend a payment service other than paypal.

There is the chance , in the USA, for other payment methods. Without more info that's as much info as I can give..

Create a plan, post it here. We'll help you tweak it.
:ranger:

arlowilliams 08-24-2012 06:02 AM

Green Bean - I have an account with Skrill (moneybookers) which I currently use on my ebay account. I am concerned that buyers will be dissuaded from bidding because of skrill- is this the case in your opinion?

I had planned before the incident with paypal to open a business account. The contact information is not my personal, however the business bank account is under my name. Will this draw a red flag?

bansheezone 08-24-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlowilliams (Post 370328)
Banshee which merchant account is best and how many are out there?

Which is the best? me thinking.......:ranger:

they all suck monkey ballz to be honest but are worlds better then Paypal.

What is your monthly volume, and yearly sales? that is the main factor besides what you sell.

Shop around, try ipayment but let them know exactly to the "t" what you expect as your average sales ticket, highest price ticket, also total gross expected for the year.

bansheezone 08-24-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlowilliams (Post 370436)
Green Bean - I have an account with Skrill (moneybookers) which I currently use on my ebay account. I am concerned that buyers will be dissuaded from bidding because of skrill- is this the case in your opinion?

I had planned before the incident with paypal to open a business account. The contact information is not my personal, however the business bank account is under my name. Will this draw a red flag?

Buyers will pay using any service if you have what they want, keep a ccnow ready for those who want to use Paypal.

I have used Skrill, did not like the reserve, multiple merchant accounts with excellent results. Now I am using Propay since all my accounts have PowerSeller status, seems pretty decent so far.

Remember if you plan to really make some money Paypal will sooner rather then later hurt your business even if you can provide them with everything they ask. If fact right now I have a Paypal that was 100% legit for months running with not a single dispute, then bam. Gave them everything including a stool sample, told me piss off no appeal. Now I have my lawyers dealing with them, bet you I get my funds in about 45 days.

kirscp 08-25-2012 12:52 PM

Since adding my Merchant account, I'm getting more people paying also. It's about 50/50 between Skrill and Merchant account. I am just waiting on 2checkout to get finished up with approving me and I will just email invoices to buyers that will only pay with PayPal. 2checkout uses PayPal 3rd party, so you don't need a PayPal account, it go into 2checkouts. I'll see how that all goes, I think that will take care of all my buyers. Of course 2checkout fees are higher (as low as 3.99% and .45 per transaction), but that will give me quite a bit of time to work on a new stealth PayPal account.

I get a very small percent that pay with ProPay, but it really isn't work the $50 a year.

newjerseymax 08-26-2012 07:06 AM

To me for some reason the name "Skrill" is already a turnoff. Who thought of that terrible name?

Elijah 08-26-2012 08:28 AM

PayPal loves to make a problem where there was no problem to start with (limiting accounts of people who have done nothing wrong...) but if you don't use PayPal with eBay, your sales will go way down. People have just been brainwashed into thinking that anything is a a scam. My attempts to get people to pay by other methods (such as CCNow) had a very low success rate... about 7%. So you just have to live with PayPal.

astralman 08-26-2012 03:12 PM

Well if you start making thousands with your new business account at some point you will be asked to verify your business.

GreenBean 08-26-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 370998)
PayPal loves to make a problem where there was no problem to start with (limiting accounts of people who have done nothing wrong...) but if you don't use PayPal with eBay, your sales will go way down. People have just been brainwashed into thinking that anything is a a scam. My attempts to get people to pay by other methods (such as CCNow) had a very low success rate... about 7%. So you just have to live with PayPal.

Do note or add you are talking from a UK position.

There is more leeway for the North American market.:canada: :=}

arlowilliams 08-27-2012 06:45 AM

I think if the product is right, it doesn't necessarily matter what payment mode you offer-the buyers will purchase and pay.

Any thoughts?

bansheezone 08-27-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 370998)

That is not true, I do better now that eBay has integrated the checkout on the actual site, not really sure on how the UK guys have it but with the US site I would never offer Paypal again.

Just to prove the point to myself, I had one account with Paypal only, then another with authorize.net added through ipayment.

With Paypal at a certain point my business was interrupted with a limitation so I through a new Authorize.net and kept it rolling.

The other account with the merchant from the start only stopped sending my funds to my bank once only to verify some sales, in the end we parted way's much later in the year due to my monthly volume exceeding what we had originally expected but no issues in getting my funds, and I was allowed to simply to apply for a new account.

Now I am using ProPay with no complaints, Skrill was a pain and buyers complained more about them.

Sales were exactly the same, maybe just a few complaints saying that they are used to paying with Paypal but at the end of the day they paid. If you have what they want you can bet they will pay using any method.