eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   What happens when PayPal asks you to send them bank statements? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/50088-what-happens-when-paypal-asks-you-send-them-bank-statements.html)

myd 08-25-2012 11:23 AM

What happens when PayPal asks you to send them bank statements?

I have multiple accounts. My first account sells a lot and eBay has called a few times over the years and asked me to send them bank statements.

I want to open up new eBay and PayPal accounts using my cousins info. The PayPal account will be linked to a new bank account that is registered under my name.

For the time being PayPal will not be asking questions until a significant amount of money starts to come in. Then, they will of course call me and start to ask for a million different documents verifying my identity and bank account. This includes account statements from my bank account.

The only problem with that is that they will see that the bank account is not registered under my cousins name, but under my name.

They will then be able to link the eBay accounts together (My original one and this new one).

Does anyone have a solution for this or am I maybe missing something?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me.

GrannyT 08-25-2012 11:27 AM

Without telling you word for word what to do - you send then a scan of your statement - before sending that scan you can open it in photoshop or MSPaint - just to confirm that it looks OK of course

Got it now?

:D

myd 08-25-2012 11:41 AM

Thanks for the reply! Great. I thought about that but wasn't sure.

I understand by your answer that PayPal does not have the resources to actually check the identity of a bank account?

GrannyT 08-25-2012 11:54 AM

I'm sure you will find that the Data protection act - or its US equivalent will provide you with all the protection you need

wwwStealth 03-15-2015 01:36 PM

Re: What happens when PayPal asks you to send them bank statements?

I have old paper statements recived by post but now I dont get any more of them just available online).
Can I just print statements from pc and send them
or have to remark old paper one and send them ?

tannedweekend 03-15-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwwStealth (Post 650557)
I have old paper statements recived by post but now I dont get any more of them just available online).

As far as i am aware they ask statements to be not less than 90 days old
Internet statement should not be a problem at least it wasnt the last time i have sent

zexaah 03-15-2015 06:51 PM

obviously you need to provide to them bank statement...

GreenBean 03-15-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwwStealth (Post 650557)

Nice bump of an old thread from 2012 :eek:

What country and what reason for the request.

More info helps us give better replies.

:welcome:

wwwStealth 03-16-2015 05:33 AM

PP&ebay is registered in UK but now i live in Pl.I have 5 or more years old ebay&paypal account but before use just for buying and sale 1-2items per month. Now I stars sell and quick hit 2500euros PP limit. They ask for ID and address proof to lift my limits

I have old paper statements one but I'm not sure halifax is sending same for now (design of page/how is looks). If I will know just scan and made up current date, otherwise I can print straigh away from on-line bank account.
On upload there is upload option "postal/online credit card statements" so shoul be ok to add download form account online, but for now I have only small PP sale acivity because I just start sell.

GreenBean
the thread is up to me, so i was thinking is ok to up this one then make new one.
So in future You suggest that I should write new thread even if thee are old same problem threads? I WANT JUST BE SURE beacause i'm new here.

thanks for help

oompaloompa 03-16-2015 08:23 AM

you can upload an online statement, as they usually contain the address.....

you can bump an old thread if you want to....

rsot 03-16-2015 08:54 AM

@wwwStealth, general recommendation to make new thread for your question rather than open up an old one from 2012 - no worries