eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Limited accounts + can't log in (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/55372-limited-accounts-cant-log.html)

greg009 01-14-2013 10:18 AM

Limited accounts + can't log in

After almost 2 years the bank I was using noticed that names on paypal transfers and savings account didn't match. They notified paypal and I had my paypal accounts limited and my bank accounts closed. The bank instead of sending me a check for the funds I had they said they sent the money back to paypal (funds were cleared for days).

So I got the limitation email on all my accounts and when I try to log in to any paypal it doesn't even try to log in. I called regarding one account a week ago and the rep unblocked it so I can address the limitation (yea right, more like wait and get my money in 180 days). Yesterday I tried to call again regarding another account but this time the rep said I need to fax over docs and my account will remain none-accessible.

what should I do? Its about 5000 spread between 10 paypal accounts. If I can never access my Paypal what will happen to the funds?

JJGold 01-14-2013 10:48 AM

What bank did this?

greg009 01-14-2013 10:52 AM

ally bank...

Mr. Invisible 01-15-2013 08:54 AM

All eggs in one basket... not good! Spreading doesn't only apply to eb/pp/az

Ally has been questionable for a while now. Some say don't touch them while others have accounts there with no problem. After reading this, they are now permanently on by avoid list.

You're pretty much on ice for 180 days. lucky for you this was pp and not amazon or you would have been deleted & cash confiscated.

greg009 01-15-2013 02:59 PM

Will they release after 180 days? How will I know if I can't even log on and update my bank info. First time I called they allowed me to login and I still can login but when I called in for another account after two weeks they said that I can't have access and if I want to submit documents I will have to do that by fax

BigCJ 01-15-2013 07:25 PM

call again, get another rep and tell them to start the clock due to the fact that you refuse to provide that info.

If they refuse, get creative with the requested docs

rsot 01-16-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg009 (Post 410546)
After almost 2 years the bank I was using noticed that names on paypal transfers and savings account didn't match. They notified paypal and I had my paypal accounts limited and my bank accounts closed. The bank instead of sending me a check for the funds I had they said they sent the money back to paypal (funds were cleared for days).

So I got the limitation email on all my accounts and when I try to log in to any paypal it doesn't even try to log in. I called regarding one account a week ago and the rep unblocked it so I can address the limitation (yea right, more like wait and get my money in 180 days). Yesterday I tried to call again regarding another account but this time the rep said I need to fax over docs and my account will remain none-accessible.

what should I do? Its about 5000 spread between 10 paypal accounts. If I can never access my Paypal what will happen to the funds?

You will likely get access in 180 days to withdraw funds - you can add bank account then.

greg009 01-18-2013 03:20 PM

Was Anyone ever in a similar situation? If so, what was the outcome?

Roscoe 01-18-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg009 (Post 411805)
Was Anyone ever in a similar situation? If so, what was the outcome?

Ally sucks, period. STOP using them people. :smash:

Stealth is more than just Paypal, Amazon and Ebay. I also have Stealth bank accounts. When withdrawals from PP hit my bank I "immediately" transfer funds into another account at the same bank that is NOT associated with PP. I don't want PP reversing the transfer which they have the right to do if your read their TOS.

I then transfer those funds to a completely different bank that has NOTHING to do with ANY stealth activities.

I will write a check from that account or do a Cash withdrawal to get that money out asap. I have seen so many people get reverse charges from PayPal and now the banks are getting more stringent with all this government crap.

Even when all funds are received by my SAFE bank the funds don't sit their long. I invest those funds in other investments. Money in motion tends to stay in motion.

I have bank accounts related to PP with several different banks. As I stated here several times, "don't put all your Eggs in one bank."

Don't do any personal banking at your Stealth PP banks either. No other banking accounts, NO safe deposit boxes, etc... Keep it Stealth.

DTA (Don't Trust Anyone)

To answer your question, yes I've seen your situation happen several times. In 180 days your monies from PP should be available. At that time you will need to ADD new bank accounts to withdraw the funds. I've had PP allow me to add a new account AFTER my account was limited.

Everyone here should learn from this lesson, it can happen to anyone.

vogeltron 01-20-2013 05:23 AM

I have never heard of a Bank notifying PayPal. But if you have 10 accounts at a single Bank you are crazy. Usually it is some kind of transfer from your bank to a Paypal that shows the mismatching names and limits the PayPal. As to why I always encourage people to keep a significant amount of funds to cover returns/charge backs, fees etc.

Nephilim 01-21-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roscoe (Post 411810)
Ally sucks, period. STOP using them people. :smash:

Stealth is more than just Paypal, Amazon and Ebay. I also have Stealth bank accounts. When withdrawals from PP hit my bank I "immediately" transfer funds into another account at the same bank that is NOT associated with PP. I don't want PP reversing the transfer which they have the right to do if your read their TOS.

I then transfer those funds to a completely different bank that has NOTHING to do with ANY stealth activities.

I will write a check from that account or do a Cash withdrawal to get that money out asap. I have seen so many people get reverse charges from PayPal and now the banks are getting more stringent with all this government crap.

Even when all funds are received by my SAFE bank the funds don't sit their long. I invest those funds in other investments. Money in motion tends to stay in motion.

I have bank accounts related to PP with several different banks. As I stated here several times, "don't put all your Eggs in one bank."

Don't do any personal banking at your Stealth PP banks either. No other banking accounts, NO safe deposit boxes, etc... Keep it Stealth.

DTA (Don't Trust Anyone)

To answer your question, yes I've seen your situation happen several times. In 180 days your monies from PP should be available. At that time you will need to ADD new bank accounts to withdraw the funds. I've had PP allow me to add a new account AFTER my account was limited.

Everyone here should learn from this lesson, it can happen to anyone.

Wow! Excellent advice! I learned about Ally the hard way when they closed all of my accounts and made attempts to not release the money I had in all those accounts. Eventually, they couldn't find anything and sent me a check. Ally is horrible and do not use at all cost. Plenty of banks out there.

greg009 01-29-2013 02:44 PM

Well ally is currently holding a bit over a grand. Whenever I contact ally they refer me to LP which is only one person and unfortunately she is rude, unprofessional and unwilling to give any info. She hung up on me once and speaks over me all the time. Any suggestions as to how I should handle this?

greg009 03-21-2013 08:58 PM

Well it has been over 180 days on one of the accounts. I called and they said I need to provide ID and bank statement until I withdraw. Stealth account so can't do.... What are my options?

Laritha 03-21-2013 09:22 PM

Your money is gone for good. Paypal contacted your bank and it will take MONTHS for the funds to even get back to Paypal. Even after the funds get back to Paypal, they won't show up in your balance.

Laritha 03-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg009 (Post 433143)
Well it has been over 180 days on one of the accounts. I called and they said I need to provide ID and bank statement until I withdraw. Stealth account so can't do.... What are my options?

Paypal KNOWS the account is stealth. Which is why they KNOW you can't provide an ID. If you send them an ID to match the stealth, you might land yourself in deeper trouble. They are waiting for you to make another move. Just give up on those accounts.

TheRevolver 03-21-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg009 (Post 415688)
Well ally is currently holding a bit over a grand. Whenever I contact ally they refer me to LP which is only one person and unfortunately she is rude, unprofessional and unwilling to give any info. She hung up on me once and speaks over me all the time. Any suggestions as to how I should handle this?

Wow man, this really sucks, sorry to hear it. From now on just withdraw the funds immediately from the bank. This is why I have a huge stack of cash just sitting, I don't trust banks.

Nephilim 04-01-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laritha (Post 433150)
Paypal KNOWS the account is stealth. Which is why they KNOW you can't provide an ID. If you send them an ID to match the stealth, you might land yourself in deeper trouble. They are waiting for you to make another move. Just give up on those accounts.

This is very true! On all accounts I have sent ID's for, they reject them and put a permanent limitation on them. If the account is stealth and they ask for ID, there is really no hope for reinstatement. If they are not asking for ID, then there can still be a chance to get it reinstated.

Speeder33 04-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephilim (Post 436162)
This is very true! On all accounts I have sent ID's for, they reject them and put a permanent limitation on them. If the account is stealth and they ask for ID, there is really no hope for reinstatement. If they are not asking for ID, then there can still be a chance to get it reinstated.

not entirely true, i have seen people send in id for a stealth account and be okay

gulaga 04-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephilim (Post 436162)

untrue
you have problem with supplying the info in the right way

vogeltron 04-09-2013 02:44 AM

I think you all are missing the moral of the story. What person seeing somebody with 10 different banks accounts at a single bank isn't going to look for something suspicious? Way Way too many at a single bank. Not to mention that bank probably sent a SAR report to the IRS. Not cool.

astralman 04-09-2013 06:04 PM

You should email your bank if there is a way to email them or write to them and explain your best come up with a plan. Think of new ways to cashout instead of using real banks or prepaid banks even though it might take longer like I have done.

vogeltron 04-10-2013 05:53 AM

10+ accounts at as single online bank. Like that isn't suspicious to begin with. This person is screwed. I hate to say it but they brought this on themselves by being so careless and ignorant that nothing would happen. Like somebody isn't going to look at an account member why does he have 10 accounts with us? Good luck explaining that one.