ebay power seller with a limited paypal account need help. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default ebay power seller with a limited paypal account need help.

Hi guys. I'm new on this forum, but been doing business on Ebay since 2004. Long story short, our business has increased dramatically and a buyer bought huge lot of products from us. After we received the funds, paypal limited our account. We have two options. One, refund the customer and two, wait 180 days for paypal to pay. We cannot wait that long. What options do I have?

I would like to keep our Ebay account and continue selling. We had the account since 2004. Can't give it up. I will be setting up a merchant account in case pp will not be an option. Is it possible to set up a new pp account using stealth or use my other business name to open new pp? I worry my name and ssn will link to the limited one when I set up new one.

I understand pp is still the prefer payment method on ebay and still want to have it (hate pp but need them sadly).

Any suggestions and input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2013

Longevity: 65%

hi
what message did you get off them.
and unfortunatelly you will have to wait the 180 days so if i was you id send the buyer his items and at least in 180 days you will get your money
Old 03-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Well basically pp said the transaction was high risk due to price and product (iphone 5) and they have decided to take this action. We just don't want to wait 180 if we can sell them again with using a new pp account or merchant. I think we made a mistake by transferring a large amount to our bank too quickly.
Old 03-05-2013

Longevity: 81%

Most likely that's what it was. I always wait a week from shipping date before I even touch the funds.
Old 03-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasicel View Post
Most likely that's what it was. I always wait a week from shipping date before I even touch the funds.
Yea, Paypal activity can set off a flag based on items reserves in the account etc. That can trigger limitation by certain behavior. You should always wait until a product is delivered and preferably positive feedback received before withdrawing. This is assuming you are withdrawing more than you have reserves in the Paypal to cover a return, charge-back etc.
Old 03-09-2013

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

I dont get why Paypal does stupid things like this. It would make sense if this transaction was high risk for them, why not hold THAT payment 180 days and still keep the account alive.

Paypal could double their earnings if they played smart!
Old 03-09-2013

Longevity: 71%

Long time ago , my paypal account limited (180 days) . Then i made a new paypal account and linked it to my ebay account (top rate) , my account still alive and selling normaly .
If you want to link a new paypal account , please use another ip address : cleary , never login any paypal or ebay account before .

Please note : if you link 3rd paypal account to your ebay account . Your account will be suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to mrkurei For This Useful Post:
Babyfat (05-27-2013)
Old 03-12-2013

Longevity: 69%

im no stealth pro, but ill offer advice based on my limited experience, and from what. Have read here...ebay owns pp, and shares all info...so if you create a new pp account, stealth or,not and try linking it to your old eb acccount, it will link you, no doubt..i may make it for a few weeks or so possibly, but eventually will get the ax, and both that eb and pp will be done, and you prob wont be able to ever sell again on eb with your real info...

You have maybe 2 choices..

1. Create a merchant account and use it with your old eb account..do buisness the correct way and you should be ok. Worst case scenario is that this eb goes down at some point from being flagged prev for being linked to limited pp...

2. Create new stealth account for eb and pp, using methods described...it may take time though to build it up..so suggest making back up,accounts...

Let others chime in also...

Hope my advice helps..
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurei View Post
Long time ago , my paypal account limited (180 days) . Then i made a new paypal account and linked it to my ebay account (top rate) , my account still alive and selling normaly .
If you want to link a new paypal account , please use another ip address : cleary , never login any paypal or ebay account before .

Please note : if you link 3rd paypal account to your ebay account . Your account will be suspended
While this can work - it is still risky since you can be linked because of ties to the eB account.
Old 03-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

PayPal does these things because they can. Their risk department asses every single fart you make. If you want to be in good standing I suggest keeping a balance in your PayPal to more than cover any charge backs, fees, etc. You can honestly cry about holding the reserves as much as you want. I am going to be straight forward with you the bigger balance you have with PayPal the less risk they associate with you. I understand people have to pay bills etc, but having a decent reserve on your own figure it like a security deposit when renting. You just have to deal with it. Otherwise you risk bad things happening and the hyper-sensitive PayPal deeming you risky.
Old 03-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

3 options:

1: Try to work out what paypal has asked you to do to lift the limitations,

2: TRY to use another merchant and possibly attach it to the old ebay and continue to sell while you can,

3: Start from scratch and wait for the accounts to mature enough to possibly handle the traffic you are intending.