eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   How do I remove a 5% Daily Reserve?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/6618-how-do-i-remove-5-daily-reserve.html)

Kyledb 08-15-2008 06:13 PM

How do I remove a 5% Daily Reserve??

Hey, I recently had my paypal account limited because of suspicious growth... I called them many times and faxed them the required info to get the limitations removed, but was stuck with a 5% daily reserve on all incoming payments... I have searched through this forum but coudln't find anything regarding this... Do many people get this? Have you personally had it? How do I remove it? Any help would be appreciated on this topic. Thanks much guys!

zhouxi 08-15-2008 11:50 PM

Feel sad for you. Paypal is more like stupid robber, they can do whatever they want in their own territory. first time to hear this. Shame on Paypal

philly387 08-15-2008 11:58 PM

Yeah I have never heard of this, sorry I can't help :(

Kyledb 08-16-2008 12:07 AM

Hmmm.... I guess its a new thing then. From talking with them, its to justify the fact that if I were to "STOP" doing business, and didn't ship anything out to anyone, that I would have some money to pay them back with and paypal wouldn't get screwed... In the meantime they're holding Thousands of dollars of MY money, and gaining interest... Just doesn't seem right... Nobody has had this?? Somebody out there must of??

I know there are posts on paypal alternatives.. But I have been searching for a paypal alternative that will best integrate with ebay... Any suggestions??

I would like to not have to send out 500 invoices a day, but I still want the customer to feel the payment is secure. Please let me know if you are using a company that works well with ebay for receiving payments or if you know of one. Thanks much guys!

aspkin 08-16-2008 10:43 PM

It's the first time I hear of Paypal holding a reserve of money...

You must be doing lots of volume.

CCNow is a good alternative, check it out. Good luck,

solihullblaze 10-27-2008 06:01 PM

Yes we also have a daily reserve deducted and held for 90 days. You have been fortunate our daily reserve is 8%. The reason given - we sell furniture which is a high risk business. What risk it is to paypal hasn't been explained. We only sell from our stock which is fully paid for and fully insured. There is no business reason why paypal need to withhold the funds. Like Kyledb they are withholding huge amounts which no business can afford. Money doing nothing but earning huge interest for Paypal. This does not even appear legal. I can't find anything in Paypal's Terms and conditions - but it hasn't stopped them from doing it.

newguy121 10-27-2008 06:29 PM

I also got this 5% cap. I was doing a large volume. So you know what I did. I quit paypal day of. After a long and argumentitive conversation with both ebay and paypal on a three way call..I was done. I went from XXXXX.XX to 0 in a day. They said I had too many chargebacks and they linked some feedback to eBay. Well, now they dont have to deal with those chargebacks anymore. To my credit I have tightened up my customer service, but most of the chargebacks were for fraud. :)

They told me how to remove them was to clean up my feedback and customer complaints and they would review the account in 1-2-3 months depending on the situation.

Okay I'll Play 10-27-2008 09:01 PM

newguy121,

Are you using ccnow for payments or something else?