eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   withdrawing money from a limited paypal.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/73872-withdrawing-money-limited-paypal.html)

mhmhmh1111 05-26-2014 07:07 PM

withdrawing money from a limited paypal..

kind of strange as this has never happened...paypal won't let me add a bank account as it keeps taking me to a login page every time i click "link new bank account"

so i call in and get transferred to a couple of people and the dbag tells me the only way i can withdraw is with a check and they won't let me add a new bank account? never had this happen before..they are like stealing my money and i have a substantial amount in there

anyone have experience with this? this is total bs

Bunneh 05-26-2014 07:18 PM

Re: withdrawing money from a limited paypal..

It always depends on who you talk to on the phone.
Try calling in again the next day.. as there should be no problem them adding a bank account for you to withdraw... else you have problems if the account is stealth.

Omgoozle 05-26-2014 11:00 PM

The only time I've ever heard of this happening is when PP is withholding the money beyond the 180 days, which can happen in cases where they suspect issues and/or foo-foo items.

mhmhmh1111 05-26-2014 11:50 PM

well the odd thing is that it hasn't been 180 days..but i received the "your funds are eligible for withdrawal" after 45 days...i just don't see how they can do this..i will try calling back tomorrow..worse comes to worse..i'll have an attorney(my friend) take care of this for me if needs be...just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this issue

GreenBean 05-27-2014 12:05 AM

it's paypal. They make the rules.

Have been several reports of users not being able to add a bank account.

Reasons vary from glitch to paypal's choice.

Be aware that although you got notice of a 45 day withdrawal, paypal may have changed its mind. The withdrawal may still be blocked.

Proceed with caution

Good Luck

corleone 05-27-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhmhmh1111 (Post 555925)
well the odd thing is that it hasn't been 180 days..but i received the "your funds are eligible for withdrawal" after 45 days...i just don't see how they can do this..i will try calling back tomorrow..worse comes to worse..i'll have an attorney(my friend) take care of this for me if needs be...just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this issue

Please keep us informed.

I know it sounds weird, but when I've gotten the 45 day hold, it's usually been during instances were I was experimenting with different techniques and did some risky things just to see if it would work. Actually, some of the riskiest tricks I've tried, have resulted in mere 45 day holds. Some would say it'd dumb to do it, but I've come across a few golden tricks by using experiments.

Usually if the ebay account is burnt, I like to try new ideas (either bad feedback or another issue that makes me want to abandon the account, which I do regularly and keep dozen's of new accounts in reserve, ready to go). I still don't have any idea why they give 45 day holds, but in my experience, it's when you get 100% positively linked to another account and a different department handles the limitation (and they will use 45 days from time to time, I believe).

BTW: Please keep us informed on the outcome. Keep calling and don't give up, there's a way to get your money out, you just need to be persistent.

mhmhmh1111 05-28-2014 12:47 AM

my the ebay account attached to this paypal is still good..i just added my merchant account to it and it's been fine..i have a few accounts like this..but anyways..i haven't had time to call in..but will keep y'all posted..i emailed them late last night and now they said "after 180 days if you have no complaints,we can issue you a check"

if they keep this up over the phone,i'll have my attorney friend take care of this for me..it's not that difficult,add my bank account and be done with it,i know i'll get my funds..but it's annoying at how they operate

i just find it odd that no one on this forum has had this issue..i currently have this issue on 3 separate accounts right now and no none of them are linked whatsoever

Dmshark25 05-28-2014 05:49 AM

Just out of curiosity, do you have access to the mailing address on your paypal account, and if not have you asked to see if the check could be mailed to a different address because you have moved?

And in regards to depositing the check with a different name , I'm sure you would be able to say open a BOA account and use there deposit the check from home app, you just take a picture of both sides

mhmhmh1111 05-28-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 555930)
it's paypal. They make the rules.

Have been several reports of users not being able to add a bank account.

Reasons vary from glitch to paypal's choice.

Be aware that although you got notice of a 45 day withdrawal, paypal may have changed its mind. The withdrawal may still be blocked.

Proceed with caution

Good Luck

not true about "blocking" the withdrawal..i thought about this and wanted to try and make a withdrawal with the vba on file..i did it for 5 dollars and it went through fine..so my funds are definitely eligible for withdrawal

mhmhmh1111 05-28-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 556203)
And in regards to depositing the check with a different name , I'm sure you would be able to say open a BOA account and use there deposit the check from home app, you just take a picture of both sides

i believe i can change the address..there is no way they can be that bad..have you deposited a check in someone elses name through boa app? i have boa,but have never tried..i'm not that worried even if i do get a check..i have family connections that can cash the check..but i'd have to give them a decent %..so i'd rather do all i can and try and get them to let me add my bank account

still baffled no one on this forum has mentioned this..i can't be the only one

corleone 05-28-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhmhmh1111 (Post 556288)
i believe i can change the address..there is no way they can be that bad..have you deposited a check in someone elses name through boa app? i have boa,but have never tried..i'm not that worried even if i do get a check..i have family connections that can cash the check..but i'd have to give them a decent %..so i'd rather do all i can and try and get them to let me add my bank account

still baffled no one on this forum has mentioned this..i can't be the only one

I think it probably has happened to me, I've had numerous problems over the years, but I'm pretty damn persistent so I find a way and usually don't really think much of it until the next time it happens.

I do remember having some issues, it was one of those experimental accounts. At the time, I had a small crisis and got a few dozen accounts limited(they limited all of the accounts that sent payments to a supplier) and I was experimenting with ways to use the same bank acct for multiple pp accounts which got me the 45 day hold. Basically, I was trying to find a working method to re-use bank accounts.

When I got the email that my funds were cleared, I tried to deposit into that account which was shared with another account because it was already attached, I figured it was worth a shot.

Paypal immediately gave me an error message that said I needed to add a new account. When I tried to do it, it gave me another error message, so I had to call. I believe it took me a few calls to straighten that one out, but yes, I got the money and even into the flagged bank account that they knew belonged to another account.

Where there's a will, there's a usually a way, just keep thinking about it and eventually and idea will pop into your head, then eventually you'll figure out why it happened. Usually it'll be a Eureka moment, it is for me usually.

aspkin 05-28-2014 08:35 PM

Where there is a will there is a way. I like that.

corleone 05-30-2014 10:46 AM

OP - out of curiosity, are you using a different ISP then when that account was active?

mhmhmh1111 05-30-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 556706)
OP - out of curiosity, are you using a different ISP then when that account was active?

nope..nothing different..the ebay account is still active..i just added my merchant account..and this issue with adding bank account is for 3 of my limited accounts

GreenBean 05-31-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhmhmh1111 (Post 556286)
not true about "blocking" the withdrawal..i thought about this and wanted to try and make a withdrawal with the vba on file..i did it for 5 dollars and it went through fine..so my funds are definitely eligible for withdrawal

Re-read what I said. It might have been blocked. This has happend to others.

good that you were lucky.

:thumb: