eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Limitation, Restoration, ReLimitation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/7729-limitation-restoration-relimitation.html)

Exeneva 10-21-2008 04:14 PM

Limitation, Restoration, ReLimitation

Something interesting just recently happened to me on one of my accounts. I did a Paypal sweep, and then immediately got a limitation, but all it asked for was proof of shipping.

So I went to the resolution center and entered a bunch of invalid numbers (they didn't have enough digits to be valid, something like 45681684654), but in my "additional comments" I claimed to be a college kid who had sold things on eBay and was freaking out about the limitation I just received, and that I needed to pay my books in a day or two.

The next day, I got an account restored notice (even with invalid tracking numbers!), got my funds out, and then sold another item. However, after receiving payment for this new item, I immediately got an eBay suspension and another limitation asking for SSN. So I just stiffed and walked away on this one.

Interesting.

brandon1984 10-22-2008 12:13 AM

that is weird, i am currently stuck on the ssn on paypal because i used it on one of my other paypal accounts that got blocked

Murderistic1 11-02-2008 08:25 PM

I'm in the same boat Brandon. Damn, what do I do?

sycore 11-07-2008 11:40 AM

Seems like there have been a lot of paypal limits/ebay suspensions lately. It is just a matter of time before they require SSN number and credit check to sign up, better make as many new accounts as you can with random address for now. You can always correct them later on, like you moved.

silentnyt 11-07-2008 09:01 PM

Paypal Limitation Woes

Same thing happened to me. Paypal limited my account but this time I had over $1,500 in it. They won't release my money until I send them original invoices/receipts from my supplier, a utility bill showing my name and address, SS#, etc.

I have been suspended on Ebay so many times I can't use my real info anymore so all info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. However, all of my customers received their merchandise and none of them are complaining. I have invoices and receipts for my merchandise but it is in my real name with my real address so obviously, I can't mail this or scan it and upload it to them.

So what is the maximum time they can keep my money? Is it 6 months then they automatically release it or can the keep it forever? Should I just stop trying to cater to their wims and sit back and wait until they decide to release my money or should I try to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ some documents to send them and hope it appeases the Paypal gods.

pinkharo 11-08-2008 04:11 AM

It's 180 days and there isn't really much you can do except wait if your acct gets limited. A few has had success having their acct reinstated but rarely. After that period they will send you an email saying that you can withdraw the funds. And there are just too many documents that paypal would request like IDs, suppliers invoice, SSN, etc so I really don't think it's a good idea to go down that route with all the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs.

good luck

silentnyt 11-09-2008 03:26 PM

I'm not too concerned about getting the account reinstated. They probably wouldn't do that anyway, plus I am working on setting up another account anyway. What I want is my money that they are holding hostage. First, I got the 21 day hold and it seemed they would release my money after I sent them proof of shipping. I sent them all of the delivery confirmation numbers and then they wanted my supplyer's information. I gave them that and now they want utility bills, invoices, etc. Is this some kind of sadistic game they play? Each time I send them what they ask for, they come up with something else. So should I just ignore their requests and just sit back and wait the 180 days for them to release my money?

pinkharo 11-09-2008 04:26 PM

IMHO, yes. Since I have seen them request the same info again saying it's not "sufficient". In the end, after a carp load of stuff being sent you probably would still have to wait so why bother. You can try, but learn to give up when you see they that are just toying with you. If they want to reinstate your account it will get reinstated the first round.

This is the vicious cycle of life - If you use ebay and paypal!

good luck

JamesYaBaoy 11-13-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentnyt (Post 64511)
I'm not too concerned about getting the account reinstated. They probably wouldn't do that anyway, plus I am working on setting up another account anyway. What I want is my money that they are holding hostage. First, I got the 21 day hold and it seemed they would release my money after I sent them proof of shipping. I sent them all of the delivery confirmation numbers and then they wanted my supplyer's information. I gave them that and now they want utility bills, invoices, etc. Is this some kind of sadistic game they play? Each time I send them what they ask for, they come up with something else. So should I just ignore their requests and just sit back and wait the 180 days for them to release my money?

If you have a low history of chargebacks, then tell them that, and that you DEMAND your money...They should realease