TIN does not match IRS records. PLEASE HELP! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default TIN does not match IRS records. PLEASE HELP!

Hi i havent posted here in awhil as everything has been going great with my stealth account. Almost $300000 in sales and over 3000 sales. I just got a message from ebay stating "The combonation of your name and taxpayer identification number (tin) does not match the irs records, so you must update your taxpayer information. To avoid limits on your account complete and submit information by the due date. I have about a month to do so. I have ALOT of money in my paypal account. Im so scared my account is going to get limited. I have had no problema for almost 2 years now this. My TIN has all my real info such as name, social security number, etc. Paypal has all my stealth info. How the hell can i submit my info to them if my real info os banned from ebay. Please help save my business!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: TIN does not match IRS records. PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf101 View Post
Hi i havent posted here in awhil as everything has been going great with my stealth account. Almost $300000 in sales and over 3000 sales. I just got a message from ebay stating "The combonation of your name and taxpayer identification number (tin) does not match the irs records, so you must update your taxpayer information. To avoid limits on your account complete and submit information by the due date. I have about a month to do so. I have ALOT of money in my paypal account. Im so scared my account is going to get limited. I have had no problema for almost 2 years now this. My TIN has all my real info such as name, social security number, etc. Paypal has all my stealth info. How the hell can i submit my info to them if my real info os banned from ebay. Please help save my business!!!
Best advice would be talk to your accountant. He/she might be able to help you out with this problem...
Old 11-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Has anyone on here had a similar problem. Im assuming this is common for the more experienced sellers. Im not trying to pull anything with false information. I am 100% legit i just cant afford for this account to be banned. I just reached over 1000 feedback.
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Financial professional help is in order.
Old 11-06-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

That's strange that it's happening now 2 years Later, I would definitely consult a professional's advice, on how the information doesn't match now.

To my understanding it's all done electronically and Payapl checks to see if your tax ID and business name match.

But since you been in business for a couple years now and with your sales you probably already received a Tax Form in January of this year for 2013 sales, so something may of happened that u need to find out if information has changed or whatever the situation may be, best to seek who ever did your taxes from last year Id get started there
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Has anyone on here had a similar problem. Im assuming this is common for the more experienced sellers. Im not trying to pull anything with false information. I am 100% legit i just cant afford for this account to be banned. I just reached over 1000 feedback.
Your solution lies with talking to a tax professional.

Re-read what you wrote:

TIN info does not match paypal.

Think what might work and who will help

Last edited by GreenBean; 11-06-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I got the exact same thing. Did you ever resolve this?
Old 11-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok so i spoke with the IRS today. Paypal is asking for my legal business name which is my real name apprently. I dont have a common name at all which i am worried about. I was able to change my address on the ein so i will have the same name as my old banned ebay account but a different address. You think this is going to get my new accout banned. It talked to my accountant andI can make the company into an LLC but then i have to wait up to 8 weeks. Paypal wants my info in 4 weeks. Very very nervous. Also i created a dba but thats not a legal business name apparently
Old 11-09-2014

Longevity: 70%

Did you find a solution I have I got the same letter from Paypal to update my
W-9 form but this is a stealth account all the info on it is no genuine, I would love to have my real name but my name and all my real info is banned from paypal and ebay. Can I update the W-9 form with the stealth name and use another ssn?