PayPal closed my account, VeRO selling on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default PayPal closed my account, VeRO selling on eBay

Hello comrades!

About 6 months ago I've created latvian stealth PP (business) and eB accounts on existing company's name. Got new IP, created new user account on my PC. Started to sell small things first few months, got several feedbacks, then started to sell not very expensive VeRO items about $40 - $70 for item, got several feedbacks more. After this started to sell serious VeRO items (from $400 to $10000), sold few items, got feedbacks all great, and some of my items didn't have invoices, but I accepted 14 days money back, so they can check it in nearest boutique, and be able to get their money back if something goes wrong. And after this I've listed really rare VeRO thing made from python leather etc, sold, and after receiving money on PayPal, my account got limited, they asked to provide docs:
ID (I've uploaded it for about 4 times previously)
Registration copy of company
Tracking number
Invoices
Supplier's contact info

After this, buyer wasn't able to wait until I lift my limits, and asked to give him a refund, so I gave it back.

Uploaded all documents (ID, Company's reg.copy, invoice), and gave a name and phone number of person who providing me with this "item". PayPal answered me in 1 hour, and asked for invoices for ALL items I've sold on eBay previously, and gave a full list of them
I decided to call them and to tell them full story, I said that those items are already sold, and some of them didn't have an invoice. I asked agent to give me an advice, how can I get an invoice for item that been sold 3 months ago, and I've received positive feedback on eBay, agent was silent for about 5-10 seconds, and then told me: I am sorry, I don't know what to do in this situation, I have to give this case to other responsible person, and they have to think about it, and promised to contact me in 72 hours.
In 2 hours I've received an e-mail "appeal denied":
After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.

What the hell was that???

I guess I did something very wrong
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: PayPal closed my account, VeRO selling on eBay

Selling vero items is what went wrong. It seems like you managed to do this for a while, which is a miracle in itself. But if vero items are your main items, you can expect to get your accounts suspended each time. Unless you are an authorized reseller of a particular item and can prove it, it's best to find other items to sell.
Old 11-07-2014
Threadstarter  

So the better solution is to avoid VeRO items, or to sell VeRO rarely?
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

solution have 100 accounts. kind of exaggerated but you know what i mean. Your chances will slim up enormously.
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
After this started to sell serious VeRO items (from $400 to $10000),
Quote:
You know this is why they shut you down.

Quote:
So the better solution is to avoid VeRO items, or to sell VeRO rarely?
It really depends on what you class as VeRO? Are you referring to legitimate branded items, whose manufacturers are part of the Ebay VeRO program or are you referring to counterfeit goods??
Old 11-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Mostly it was brand purses (LV, Hermes, Gucci), and also Swiss watches (Chopard). Only authentic.
Selling counterfeit is illegal, so I wouldn't like to do that.
Even if I would like to do that - it is very risky, because of Custom regulations in the EU.
Old 11-08-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorj911 View Post
Mostly it was brand purses (LV, Hermes, Gucci), and also Swiss watches (Chopard). Only authentic.
Selling counterfeit is illegal, so I wouldn't like to do that.
Even if I would like to do that - it is very risky, because of Custom regulations in the EU.
You must be buying in some serious quantity for those type of brands to be supplying you as an eBay/Amazon seller like yourself.

Those types of brands will always attract problems regardless.

Old 11-08-2014
Threadstarter  

I just found few rich persons here in Latvia (some of them were originally from Russia, just moved here because of residence permit in the EU), and they wanted to sell some of their branded items, and I offered to help them with their "problem" I was reselling without buying from them This is how I got lots of branded items.
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I just found few rich persons here in Latvia (some of them were originally from Russia, just moved here because of residence permit in the EU), and they wanted to sell some of their branded items, and I offered to help them with their "problem" I was reselling without buying from them This is how I got lots of branded items.
Interesting business move - tough to sell those items because of the brand however
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
That's likely why paypal disliked your business.
Old 11-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
That's likely why paypal disliked your business.
Probably You're right, because PP wants some proofs that You really own these items, not just reselling, or trying to scam someone.
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Probably You're right, because PP wants some proofs that You really own these items, not just reselling, or trying to scam someone.
These people may have got counterfeit items and not told you.

Be careful of business.
Old 11-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
These people may have got counterfeit items and not told you.

Be careful of business.
Yes, I understand this, there's always a risk. I have seen a lot of counterfeit brand items, really top quality, but these items still don't look like a real thing.
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

python leather? eg bags and purses and branded?? gosh contact me, if they are real I will take the lot!!!I probably would end up keeping them for myself..........
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The problem is, YOUR items may be 100% authentic, but a lot of people try to sell counterfeits on eBay. So, they are always suspicious when a seller - especially a new seller - lists lots of brand-name items.

PayPal does not want to be left holding the bag for refunds if it turns out what you are selling is counterfeit, so they take steps to protect themselves. Unless you could prove that you have a legitimate source of supply, they are not likely to allow you to continue to sell these items. As one forum member pointed out above, you are lucky that you were able so sell as many as you did, because some accounts get limited shortly after the first item is listed.

The bottom line is, you will have a problem selling ANY brand-name items on eBay (or Amazon) that are mass-produced by counterfeiters. This includes designer apparel, especially purses, DVD's, razor blade cartridges, expensive watches, cell phone cases, apple ANYTHING, etc. Also jewelry, rare coins, stamps, autographs and anything else that can be ⊗⊗⊗⊗d.
Old 11-08-2014

Longevity: 54%

I am selling 100 % counterfeit items on Ebay with new account(1.5 month old). One item = £80-120 I've got positive feedback only. Paypal account verified but limited. Everything is fine.
Old 11-08-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Hello comrades!

About 6 months ago I've created latvian stealth PP (business) and eB accounts on existing company's name. Got new IP, created new user account on my PC. Started to sell small things first few months, got several feedbacks, then started to sell not very expensive VeRO items about $40 - $70 for item, got several feedbacks more. After this started to sell serious VeRO items (from $400 to $10000), sold few items, got feedbacks all great, and some of my items didn't have invoices, but I accepted 14 days money back, so they can check it in nearest boutique, and be able to get their money back if something goes wrong. And after this I've listed really rare VeRO thing made from python leather etc, sold, and after receiving money on PayPal, my account got limited, they asked to provide docs:
ID (I've uploaded it for about 4 times previously)
Registration copy of company
Tracking number
Invoices
Supplier's contact info

After this, buyer wasn't able to wait until I lift my limits, and asked to give him a refund, so I gave it back.

Uploaded all documents (ID, Company's reg.copy, invoice), and gave a name and phone number of person who providing me with this "item". PayPal answered me in 1 hour, and asked for invoices for ALL items I've sold on eBay previously, and gave a full list of them
I decided to call them and to tell them full story, I said that those items are already sold, and some of them didn't have an invoice. I asked agent to give me an advice, how can I get an invoice for item that been sold 3 months ago, and I've received positive feedback on eBay, agent was silent for about 5-10 seconds, and then told me: I am sorry, I don't know what to do in this situation, I have to give this case to other responsible person, and they have to think about it, and promised to contact me in 72 hours.
In 2 hours I've received an e-mail "appeal denied":
After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.

What the hell was that???

I wonder if it wasn't eBay themselves that notified PayPal. Doesn't seem like PayPal would be keeping track of these kind of things, you know?

Looks more like eBay shenanigans...
Old 11-08-2014

Longevity: 54%

I strongly agree, VeRO items is what went wrong. In my personal opinion, it seemed you were flagged by one of the VeRO companies or another seller who wanted to try to stop you. If you are going to go against the recomendations and sell VeRO items, you need to make sure you have receipts for everything you sell. One red flag was you calling asking them what to do. You have to look at the history on the account. Yes you were doing great, from how you explained it, but, again in my opinion, PP is going to see what you have been selling and how much. Positive feedback or not, they are going to expect you to be a proper operational business and have records for your own protection, taxes, etc. When they ask for this information that any business should have and there is an issue getting it to them, that is a red flag. You can not play with fire without the chance of getting burnt, no matter how good you are with playing with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to knightkon For This Useful Post:
igorj911 (11-09-2014)
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloom50977 View Post
I am selling 100 % counterfeit items on Ebay with new account(1.5 month old). One item = £80-120 I've got positive feedback only. Paypal account verified but limited. Everything is fine.
You DO know that you will eventually lose the account, right?
Old 11-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Waiti until the chop happens.

Old 11-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Do You mean, Your receiving limit is still in place?
Old 11-09-2014

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Come back here in your 6 months anniv and share with us how you PayPal got limited too. it only take 1 buyer to screen you thoroughly and report and you a wrap