eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Solid PayPal Account limited today! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/80489-solid-paypal-account-limited-today.html)

usaamah426 12-08-2014 05:27 PM

Solid PayPal Account limited today!

Hi guys, my PayPal account was limited today at around 3pm. Received no email from them either, and I have read up on the forum and can see that a lot of others are gettng hard limited with no email from them either. Everything going perfectly on the eBay account, which had very high limits of 8000 items a month, 810 positive feedback 99.9% positive.

The PayPal and eBay were 9 months old, PayPal had all limits lifted including the £1900 receiving limit. Was purchased from the aspkin marketplace back in April. Logged down ip's too. Just out of nowhere, whilst im packaging my items I refresh the PayPal page and it says Limited account access.

Just need someone to clarify what is actually happening? Heard about PayPal changing something but anyone know what it is. I luckily have a secondary account with more or less same amount of feedback and 7 months old as I built them up at the same pace. Just hope that this secondary account remains active as this is my sole income.

Thank you and appreciate any responses.

Kind Regards,
Usaamah

Baniak2000gt 12-08-2014 05:47 PM

Re: Solid PayPal Account limited today!

Do you have any options to remove limitation or account is permanently limited ?

Dmshark25 12-08-2014 06:08 PM

From what I been reading it see,s like PayPal UK has some new methods they are using to verify members Identity and are limited accounts when there check doesn't verify your ID

Now I think as of right now this is just speculation , no one has pin pointed the exact cause but this is where the thinking is at

usaamah426 12-09-2014 04:09 AM

No option, permanently limited.

jeffweico 12-09-2014 04:19 AM

I have to wonder if PayPal is going to start doing the same thing that Amazon does with deleted accounts...

usaamah426 12-09-2014 04:36 AM

I hope not, for everyones sake.

rsot 12-09-2014 05:43 AM

Retracted dutifully - sorry.

rsot 12-09-2014 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 617832)
I have to wonder if PayPal is going to start doing the same thing that Amazon does with deleted accounts...

/keeping fingers cross jeffweico :eek:

Callidus 12-09-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 617851)
You can try a call ussamah426 but if that fails, you just wait out the period to receive the locked funds

Do NOT call OP. This COULD aggravate the situation for when you want to get your money out!

rsot - please stop with saying this, calling is a BAD idea

GreenBean 12-09-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 617666)
From what I been reading it see,s like PayPal UK has some new methods they are using to verify members Identity and are limited accounts when there check doesn't verify your ID

Now I think as of right now this is just speculation , no one has pin pointed the exact cause but this is where the thinking is at

That's not quite the story.

Please avoid spreading it too.

:help:

GreenBean 12-09-2014 06:40 AM

OP:

I need you to read what I say.

PLEASE totally disregard the info given to you by rsot to call in. This is not the recommended suggestion.

This has been mentioned many other times on the forum regarding these current issues to avoid calling into paypal. rsot appears to never have read these threads although he posted in them :rolleyes:

At all costs avoid making a phone call to paypal. Doing so can harm everything.

:smash:

Ill Be Back 12-09-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 617887)
Do NOT call OP. This COULD aggravate the situation for when you want to get your money out!

In terms of getting the money out. My PayPal account is limited without a chance to appeal. I haven't received a parting ways email yet. Do you know when this will happen as I'd like the countdown for 180 days to begin asap lol

GreenBean 12-09-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Be Back (Post 617909)
In terms of getting the money out. My PayPal account is limited without a chance to appeal. I haven't received a parting ways email yet. Do you know when this will happen as I'd like the countdown for 180 days to begin asap lol

tbf, we are trying to work out the next round on these limitations.

Not enough has been made obvious yet.

We know what NOT to do. That's a given.

:peace:

Ill Be Back 12-09-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 617911)
tbf, we are trying to work out the next round on these limitations.

Not enough has been made obvious yet.

We know what NOT to do. That's a given.

:peace:

Yes I was about to call in as well lol I suppose having a decent amount of money locked in PayPal can be extremely frustrating!

GreenBean 12-09-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Be Back (Post 617913)
Yes I was about to call in as well lol I suppose having a decent amount of money locked in PayPal can be extremely frustrating!

Now you know to NOT do this.

:uk:

usaamah426 12-09-2014 10:38 AM

Hi, yes I didn't have the need to call in as I always keep money in the account as low as possible, only had £30 in the limited account so no point even calling in for that. I've heard many things, however the most convincing thing I have heard is that PayPal are beginning to use a company outside of PayPal to check docs, making it much much more difficult to get the docs approved, especially if they are stealth.

rsot 12-09-2014 11:25 AM

Retracted my statement of calling - sorry.

30 pounds

peterspike 12-09-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 617887)

Yes I totally agree with this just let it ride out.

usaamah426 12-18-2014 07:50 AM

Well then, another 7 month old PayPal account has now gone down too. All was going well, christmas sales booming and then BOOM...log in to find that it is limited with again, no option for appeal. No email, no nothing. Exactly same as first paypal went down. Shame this account had £580 in it ffs.

tonestar20 12-18-2014 09:44 AM

Was this a personal or business account ?

exxomscp 12-18-2014 03:26 PM

Paypal is running public records checks now manually per each account, and if something doesn't match, they will limit it. Happens to me as well every once in a while after I get a payment; I would hate to count it as a loss though.. They claim they need to have social security numbers on file in order for this not to happen, but that's really a bunch of horsesh**. Sometimes happens in batches. I got one that they were requesting "proof of business;" doesn't make sense since i just sold a couple items.. Only solution is just to stay ahead of the curve and create more accounts.

kiwp 12-18-2014 03:29 PM

usamah ive got the same issue just like yours