Is Getting Too Much Money Quicklly A Good Idea? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Is Getting Too Much Money Quicklly A Good Idea?

Hi everyone,

I had a question that I was hoping someone can answer.

I've been doing Paypal stealth for a couple of months and it's going well. Got a raise in limits on a couple of accounts so all is good.

The question I have isn't actually related to a stealth account but my main account, which was set up back in 2011.

I've only started eBay properly 2-3 months ago but this account has quickly gone from 0 to 1,000+ limit.

For the past 2-3 few months, I've been selling 100ish items every month on this account with no issues whatsoever. 100% feedback with all 5/5 DSRs. I'm a top rated seller and doing very well. Thanks to this, my account limits were raised recently to more than 10 times my previous limit.

Now, I can easily meet even this new limit of 1,000+ but I'm worried that Paypal might limit the account because there's a sudden increase (10 times more) in money coming in this month from last month. Just to be clear, the Paypal account is an aged one and was set up in 2011 as well.

Everything is under a proper business and I can provide all details needed.

There are a few issues though. Basically, I had a couple of accounts back in the day and sold virtual products on some of them. They got banned and now there is a link between these accounts. In fact, a couple of months ago, I called eBay to request an increase in limits and the person on the phone told me that there is a link to a couple of suspended accounts and that she can't increase the limit. She suggested I wait and keep selling to my limits every month and call them again. That was not needed as I have just gotten the increase. But, I'm slightly worried that too much money coming into Paypal can cause them to look into it further.

On top of that, I am actually dropshipping so providing proof of receipts if requested might be a little tough.I'm sure I can sort this out though.

Apologies for such a long post but I was hoping someone could advise on what action would be the best.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Is Getting Too Much Money Quicklly A Good Idea?

You are going to get a wide range of opinions and personal experiences on this.

I would strongly consider spreading sales across multiple accounts especially if you are dealing with volume for a variety of reasons.
If everything is A-OK on your account, business practices and items you sell, and you are not drop shipping, then you most likely can fix any issue that comes up with either paypal or ebay.
Old 05-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You are going to get a wide range of opinions and personal experiences on this.

I would strongly consider spreading sales across multiple accounts especially if you are dealing with volume for a variety of reasons.
If everything is A-OK on your account, business practices and items you sell, and you are not drop shipping, then you most likely can fix any issue that comes up with either paypal or ebay.
I definitely do agree with you and will be looking to open a couple of more accounts. I've gotten hang of the eBay Stealth system over the past few months and have been doing decent.

It's just with such a high limit and it being my main account, I'm tempted to just sell the entire limit and increase that even more.

Everything is perfect on this account, with no defect rates, negative feedback and it being top rated with 5/5 DSRs. I sell low risk items as well so can't really see that as being an issue. The only thing I can think of is receiving money too quickly but I think I will risk it as I have all the documents they could need.
Old 05-08-2015

Longevity: 55%

Wouldn't be a good idea to suddenly list a thousand items out of the blue if you have not built up anything near that level previously, too much of a sudden change can cause you unnessessary hassle, spread the increase out over a month or so then ebay will see it as more of a gradual increase rather than an I stand one.
Old 05-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Your going to want to increase gradually. The slower you do it the better, but I would say an extra 10% of items selling per week is fine.
Old 05-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Wouldn't be a good idea to suddenly list a thousand items out of the blue if you have not built up anything near that level previously, too much of a sudden change can cause you unnessessary hassle, spread the increase out over a month or so then ebay will see it as more of a gradual increase rather than an I stand one.
Thanks for the advice, that seems reasonable.
Old 05-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Your going to want to increase gradually. The slower you do it the better, but I would say an extra 10% of items selling per week is fine.
Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for increasing sales by 10% so will probably do it at a faster rate than that. Appreciate the advice though and will bear it in mind.
Old 05-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cron7 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for increasing sales by 10% so will probably do it at a faster rate than that. Appreciate the advice though and will bear it in mind.
Well I hope you have the patience to start making new stealth accounts after getting limited on your good main account.....

See where I am coming from?

You need to have patience and you need to understand the devil that is paypal.

Take considered steps rather than jeopardise the status quo.

Old 05-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Well I hope you have the patience to start making new stealth accounts after getting limited on your good main account.....

See where I am coming from?

You need to have patience and you need to understand the devil that is paypal.

Take considered steps rather than jeopardise the status quo.

To put it simply, eBay is a side business for me and I'd rather close it down than go at that pace.

I'm not talking about this forum in particular but in online marketing and business, it seems like people are either overly cautious or tend to scare others.

When starting stealth, everyone on the forums said to let the account age for at least a couple of weeks, and then sell 1-2 items a week. Yet, within a week of opening a brand new stealth account, I was selling 5 items a day, with no issues whatsoever. That account is still alive and almost top rated seller today and it's only been a few months. It's also seen high limit increases. My main Paypal account has already been receiving hundreds a day already so surely it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not suddenly going to sell hundreds of items a day. But if they have given me a limit increase for good performance, I really don't understand why you shouldn't sell up to that new limit. On top of that, as it's my own account, I can provide any proof they ask for.

If you set up the account properly and sell low risk items, I really don't see what can go wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to cron7 For This Useful Post:
xShevaa7x (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Slowly build the account and spread sales over various accounts - better approach - do not rely just on one account
Old 05-09-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:

If you set up the account properly and sell low risk items, I really don't see what can go wrong.
After you have lost multiple PayPal accounts, remember you said that eBay is not the prime enemy anymore..
Old 05-09-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

[

I'm not suddenly going to sell hundreds of items a day. But if they have given me a limit increase for good performance, I really don't understand why you shouldn't sell up to that new limit. On top of that, as it's my own account, I can provide any proof they ask for.

If you set up the account properly and sell low risk items, I really don't see what can go wrong.[/QUOTE]

such innocence so cute
Old 05-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
After you have lost multiple PayPal accounts, remember you said that eBay is not the prime enemy anymore..
Well obviously, I'm not suddenly going to sell a thousand items in one day. To backup my point, I've been selling daily according to the new limit and again no issues.

I may not be very experienced with eBay and Paypal, but having worked in online business for a long time, it seems my model has been working well so far.

I'll be back next month to tell you guys how I managed to sell to my entire limit without getting banned.
Old 05-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
[

such innocence so cute[/QUOTE]

The model has worked well so far, and, please don't say I got lucky. I just did everything properly. Let's see who is right after a couple of months.

I refer back to my earlier point of how experienced members almost scare newbies in taking it easy. If I had taken it easy up to this point, my accounts would still have a limit of 10 items a day. Instead, I just kept on selling and the limit is in the thousands.

Either way, I will update this thread when I have sold up to my new limit.
Old 05-10-2015

Longevity: 52%

I guess there is a reason experienced members say take it easy. - Why did Mommy say don't touch the stove when we were kids?
Old 05-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Well obviously, I'm not suddenly going to sell a thousand items in one day. To backup my point, I've been selling daily according to the new limit and again no issues.

I may not be very experienced with eBay and Paypal, but having worked in online business for a long time, it seems my model has been working well so far.

I'll be back next month to tell you guys how I managed to sell to my entire limit without getting banned.
Best of luck with your choice
Old 05-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thought I would share this with you so you get an idea of how ebay treats sellers....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...y-account.html

OK, it's your choice how you run your business but keep in mind an axe can fall at anytime.

Old 05-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thought I would share this with you so you get an idea of how ebay treats sellers....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...y-account.html

OK, it's your choice how you run your business but keep in mind an axe can fall at anytime.

Thanks for that, I've had a quick read of it. I guess the main difference is that the account in that thread was a stealth account whereas my account is a proper account

I'm doing my best to diversity and have multiple accounts, and will continue to set more up. At this point, I've started selling according to the new limit and no issues so far. Fingers crossed it stays that away.

Again, thanks for the advice.
Old 05-12-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Stealth or real, there is no difference to ebay. They can't tell a stealth account or this foum wouldnt exist.

Experienced members give the best advice for long term success. Other methods may work, but can lead to issues.

Hence the caution of the forum.

At the end of the day you can run accounts however you like.
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for that, I've had a quick read of it. I guess the main difference is that the account in that thread was a stealth account whereas my account is a proper account

I'm doing my best to diversity and have multiple accounts, and will continue to set more up. At this point, I've started selling according to the new limit and no issues so far. Fingers crossed it stays that away.

Makes no difference to ebay if they decide to axe an account.

Been there, done that, wear the T shirt.

Fingers crossed for you, of course.
cron7 (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:

Not at all the case.

I have lost multi million dollar accounts because I sold to much in certain nitch accounts. All DECADE old non stealth accounts with near perfect track records and zero paypal issues.

In all reality, ebay does not want more sellers especially in flooded markets. They want new sellers selling random stuff for high prices in weak areas OR mega sellers such as Under Armour
Old 05-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Makes no difference to ebay if they decide to axe an account.

Been there, done that, wear the T shirt.

Fingers crossed for you, of course.
Cheers, in that case, I'll be ramping up my stealth accounts in the next few days.