Old Account Still Active After Collections with 0.00 Balance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Old Account Still Active After Collections with 0.00 Balance

Hi. I was selling on eBay for years with no problems until I sold a phone, which I had sold different phones numerous times with no problems. This time however the Buyer stated phone was "broke" and requested refund. Buyer sends back a box with tracking info but when I receive this box, it is empty. Though I disputed this, PayPal decided on the Buyers side and my account was negative. I refused to pay despite them contacting me daily. I closed my bank account and closed all cc connected to the PayPal account. PayPal nor eBay suspended my accounts.

I logged into this same PayPal account today from the old phone I used with this specific account and the balance was 0.00 It is no longer negative. Obviously PayPal has sent to collections and obtained the money somehow.

My question is. Can I now use this account with my real information and add a new bank account? Will they immediately suspend it? If so, why haven't they simply closed the PayPal account already? I would really like to start using my account again so I don't have to remember which stealth account etc I am logging into and what device and IP address to use.

Any thoughts? It is my original PayPal account that was in the negative a year ago. Now it has a zero balance.

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Old Account Still Active After Collections with 0.00 Balance

Probably your only way of finding an answer to this is to go ahead and try it, you will soon know if you are not going to be to sell on it anymore it will either be successful or it won't .
Old 07-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Old Account Still Active After Collections with 0.00 Balance

PP finally allowed me to remove my prior linked bank account and debit/credit cards from their site, as well as add a new email and remove the old. They would not let me remove any information when I was in the negative.

One more question. I bought a pre-paid PayPal debit card and loaded $20.00 onto it knowing that I had to either create an account or add it to an existing account. My thought is this...if I link this card to my old PP account and verify with Entropay..they already have my verified phone, address etc - so then I would not need to add a bank account, right? Because this prepaid PP card gets registered with my name and all info and I will be able to withdrawal using that. At least I believe that's the case.

I'm trying to avoid PP having access to my bank account in case they attempt to collect anymore money. But if they have my account balance at 0.00, they shouldn't try to obtain additional $ because they must have wrote it off, right?