eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   LLC and asking for shareholders details (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/90952-llc-asking-shareholders-details.html)

outsource11 11-05-2015 08:00 AM

LLC and asking for shareholders details

I was thinking of setting up a LLC with 1 owner/director and 2 shareholders. The owner and shareholder would be my partner (who has a clean pp history) and i'd be the second shareholder. He will be also the contact person for paypal.

Could paypal verify the ID of the owner and also the shareholders or just the owner?

disastercell 11-09-2015 09:26 AM

Re: LLC and asking for shareholders details

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsource11 (Post 719337)
I was thinking of setting up a LLC with 1 owner/director and 2 shareholders. The owner and shareholder would be my partner (who has a clean pp history) and i'd be the second shareholder. He will be also the contact person for paypal.

Could paypal verify the ID of the owner and also the shareholders or just the owner?

Yes you can try to verify and paypal will verify it

outsource11 03-20-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disastercell (Post 720221)
Yes you can try to verify and paypal will verify it

What do you mean I can try to verify?

IGNAS 03-21-2016 04:30 PM

I'm pretty sure that PayPal only needs the person's ID which is actually using the account.
In this case -- your friend. They will also ask for company documents if your account type will be "business".

So don't worry if you're just a shareholder and actual PP account is not registered on your name. You'll be fine. ; )

outsource11 03-21-2016 10:54 PM

Is it possible to set up a company that the one's shareholder information remain private or hidden in the papers? Just wondering

spindoctor 03-22-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGNAS (Post 756281)
I'm pretty sure that PayPal only needs the person's ID which is actually using the account.
In this case -- your friend. They will also ask for company documents if your account type will be "business".

So don't worry if you're just a shareholder and actual PP account is not registered on your name. You'll be fine. ; )

I think this loophole has just been and gone. There now asking for information on all shareholders and directors. well in the UK they are.

IGNAS 03-22-2016 09:51 AM

@OP -- are you trying to form a company in Portugal or some other country?
I think it's best for you if you ask your accountant about these "hidden in papers" things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 756441)
I think this loophole has just been and gone. There now asking for information on all shareholders and directors. well in the UK they are.

Thanks for clarification.

And just an idea. What if a single person (your friend) opens a company, then registers with paypal, supplies all the docs and etc.
And after everything is confirmed -- you just buy like 50% of shares of that company?

That should work with PP, would it? :)

spindoctor 03-22-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGNAS (Post 756453)
Thanks for clarification.

And just an idea. What if a single person (your friend) opens a company, then registers with paypal, supplies all the docs and etc.
And after everything is confirmed -- you just buy like 50% of shares of that company?

That should work with PP, would it? :)

Hmmm.. not sure at this minute, i'm testing again to see a work around. The UK confirm identity page all changed in the last couple of weeks, and they request more details n directors and shareholders, then they used to do., they only needed to confirm the person who was running the account, now it seems they need everything, such as who is running the business, owners, directors etc...

Shame, as this is how i got around paypal! Grrrrr...

Something i noticed in paypals terms and conditions that has just been changed recently.

They just added this :

an Account is deemed to be “linked” to another Account for the purpose of this section 9.1.k where PayPal has reason to believe that both Accounts are controlled by the same legal personality or group of legal personalities (including, without limitation, individuals), which is more likely when both Accounts share certain attributes, including, without limitation, the same recorded user name, email address, funding source (e.g. bank account) and/or recorded ID used to receive services from PayPal’s partners (such as an eBay ID))

So, it's a coincidence, that these has been added around the same time that they ask for more information on owners and shareholders of businesses.