receiving funds for somebody else - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default receiving funds for somebody else

This is a real scenario my friend and I are stuck with: I received a 270 USD payment for items I've shipped already and my new thai PP account got limited, as usual a ton of docs is required. as I'm not sure I can recover the account, I refunded the customer and told him to resend the funds to my friend's indian PP, which also got limited, but after withdrawal to his bank account. now he has to call PP customer service and explain the mess. my opinion is he should tell the truth, that he was helping a friend. but we don't know how PP rep would react. if this is not allowed, we may create a bigger mess. the initial idea was to explain he did some SEO work and got paid for his services, but the customer copied in his message the all items description, exactly as he did when he initially transfered the funds to me. so the question is: does PP allow to receive funds to help a friend? or we need to come up with something better than that?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: receiving funds for somebody else

well, paypal won't be happy to know that your friends help you because your paypal was limited ..lol That's why they limited your friend's account too, and you don't need to explain them anything, they already know...
When your paypal get limited, you can withdraw funds after 180 days, you should have wait for this. But the real question you should have an answer for is why your account gets limited ?
Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

the 2 accounts were in no way connected. mine was limited because it had a few transactions < 100 USD and then a larger one arrived. my friend's was limited because it was its 1st transaction, but I didn't know. so I don't think they know the 2 accounts are related. until he tells them. and that is the issue: what will happen then? I can discard my account, as it's empty, so no big deal. but I feel sorry for my friend
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It is never a good thing for a first transaction on a PayPal account to be to another PayPal account, especially in a different country.

Calling PayPal and explaining that your Thai account was limited, so you had a friend in India open an account to receive the money for you will do absolutely nothing for you. PayPal would not like this, so it would only assure them that they made the right decision by closing both accounts.

PayPal to PayPal transfers can work if the receiving account has been open for a long time and has a history of such transfers. Or, if you build them by adding more and more to the total amounts slowly. But an abrupt shift, or transfers between new accounts are always going to be looked at closely by PayPal. It really is not their fault, many governments have rules about these things and if everything does not neatly fall into place, it could be considered money laundering. PayPal is very sensitive to that.
Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 50%

Jeff, don't you think the 2 accounts are linked anyway ?
Same amount of money paid on both account, by the same customer who gets refunded by first seller after account limitation , with the same description left by the buyer.
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Yes, that is also a possibility. But either way, this is a recipe for disaster.
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
Jeff, don't you think the 2 accounts are linked anyway ?
Same amount of money paid on both account, by the same customer who gets refunded by first seller after account limitation , with the same description left by the buyer.
Likely linked based on the risky transaction