eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   New Member - Recently had Paypal Account Limited, Need help! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/9659-new-member-recently-had-paypal-account-limited-need-help.html)

doveer 02-21-2009 12:06 PM

New Member - Recently had Paypal Account Limited, Need help!

Hi everyone. I recently had my paypal account limited. I have been a Paypal member since 2002.

This is the reason: Our system found unusual activity associated with your PayPal and eBay accounts that present a potential high risk

They are asking for the usual limited info (ID, Supplier's info, Resolve Complaints,Confirm Location,Provide Proof Of Delivery ,Set Credit Check address)

I have done all of that but the Supplier's info is a problem.
I sell gift cards that are bought from other users online. They are not what you would call legitimate suppliers in that they do not provide me with invoices and/or receipts.

Basically my concerns are, what can I provide in terms of Supplier's Info in order to remove the limitation to my account? Do I have a chance at getting my account back?

Thank you.

de2009 02-21-2009 01:28 PM

Gift card is a big concern of both ebay and paypal.You should have done that via paypal. Paypal now is very fishy, they can limit your account at any time.

It's really hopeless to get such an account back once they determine it's high risk. Even you got it back, they will put big eyes on your account later on, you wouldn't be able to do anything on that account. If I were you, even if I got the account back, I wouldn't use it any more.

I think if you provide all those info they want, you will get more trouble since you yourself are involved in it since it seems like you've already known whether your items are leg or not before trading.....

doveer 02-21-2009 01:47 PM

I think we know each other =D

Okay, I haven't received word from Paypal yet about my account but I'm content with having my Paypal account closed forever as long as I can get my fund eventually.

Unfortunately, I sent in all my info earlier today, with hopes that it would get reinstated. This was before you referred me to this forum.

Now my main concern is that I will get in trouble for selling these gift cards.
Will I get into legal troubles since I have already entered all my personal information?

BooMer 02-21-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doveer (Post 76555)
I have done all of that but the Supplier's info is a problem.
I sell gift cards that are bought from other users online. They are not what you would call legitimate suppliers in that they do not provide me with invoices and/or receipts.

You said you bought them from other user online. So just give the Ebay item # the website and the other users ID to paypal as proof that you purchased it from them. If you paid with paypal for the gift cards then show them proof of the payment transaction #/details.

Hope this helps
BooMer

GreenBean 02-21-2009 07:44 PM

BooMer, good point! This is why it is important to have ALL info about transactions: no-one knows when it may be needed

doveer 02-21-2009 08:14 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, I do not want to expose my supplier to Paypal since Paypal frowns upon the sale of gift card codes as previously stated.

Is there any other way around this? Perhaps some crafty homemade goods? or another method?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

aspkin 02-22-2009 01:14 AM

PayPal has started verifying suppliers of high risk sellers now.. they'll try calling to verify if it's a legit business, and they'll want to see a business website...

It's legit... or no go. Read this thread: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-supplier.html

Here We Go Again 02-22-2009 02:43 AM

It looks like the days of faxing in "Invoices" is over.
Time to find a new workaround.....
hummm

doveer 02-22-2009 06:37 AM

Darn, I had a nicely made one ready. I guess I'll just send it in, since I'm going to lose this account anyways. Whatever.

I'll be back with a vengeance.

doveer 02-22-2009 08:06 AM

Great news, I got my account restored!

I don't know how it happened, I didn't provide any supplier info.

I'm off to the ATM to withdraw my funds.

Never leaving so much $$ in Paypal again.

Thanks for all the responses.

GreenBean 02-22-2009 08:15 AM

Righteous victory!:hs:
Keep in the back of your mind that paypal might limit you again & watch how much money you keep in there. Well done.

doveer 02-22-2009 09:05 AM

Thanks!

Yeah, I think I'm going to take it easy for a while.

Going to create some backup accounts on ebay and let them age just in case.
:snicker: