Fully Verified Paypal - LIMITED - Rate My Response - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-05-2016

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 45%
Exclamation Fully Verified Paypal - LIMITED - Rate My Response

Missed a call from Paypal today, they've limited my account due to a - Change in business activity . I updated my account information perhaps 2-3 weeks ago and I believe this has triggered the change.

The account is fully verified. I'm really worried however, as I have large sums in my account and the services being sold are intangible (hosting,seo,etc) and therefore paypal will likely see them as high risk, even though I have a fantastic sales history...

How's my response? Or should I return the call to them instead of emailing? He stated on the email: We tried to call you on 05/08/2016, but we couldn't reach you. To allow time to review this in more detail, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until you submit the information you need to provide and take the actions listed.

Anyway, here's my draft response:
Can you please review and let me know if there's any major red flags here? Furthermore, would it better for me to have this in front of me to use as a guide and phone, instead of emailing? I'm in sales so confident over the phone...

Quote:
- Give a full description of the items sold or services provided.
I am a self employed sole trader and I own various websites and sell services related to search engine optimisation, hosting package solutions (for websites), and occasionally other products and services with physical delivery, for example I recently sold xxxxx which was a practical joke website which sold relatively low priced joke items.

- Specify the average dispatch and delivery timeframes for the items sold.
Delivery time for all current services is within 24 hours of payment being received. Delivery may be via email (instant setup for our hosting services) or via us commencing a service relating to online marketing or search engine optimisation. The client is kept aware of progress at all times via email and we have an exceptionally high rate of satisfaction.

- Provide a reason for the recent change in merchandise; do you plan to continue selling these items?
I recently sold one of my main websites, xxxx. which meant the selling descriptions on my account were no longer accurate, therefore I updated them. As I have since the opening of my account, I will be continuing to sell a wide array of services relating to online marketing, search engine optimisation and website management services. I have just registered to become a limited company here in the UK under the company name XXXXX LTD and very excited.

- Provide the terms and conditions of sale (refunds/cancellations).
Sales relating to website hosting come with a 'no questions asked' 14 day money back guarantee if the client is unsatisfied. After that period, refunds & cancellations are considered if the service is not delivered as advertised or for an unforseen reason a fault is experienced. This scenario is very rare and we always work with the customer to try and reach an amicable solution.

- Do you offer weekly/monthly/yearly subscriptions?
As the majority of our sales are for services, invariably we aim to continue delivering that service to the client over an extended period of time. We offer recurring billing, we also sometimes accept payment for longer periods of time in advance - ranging from 6 to 12 months. This is agreed with the client in advance and is still subject to our returns & cancellation 14 day guarantee.

- How long does it take for the service to be delivered/completed?
This depends on the service. For example, website hosting, as I'm sure you can imagine, is required all year round so the service is renewable. The hosting packaged is delivered within 24 hours, and then remains active for as long as the client remains a client. The SEO & Marketing packages are commenced within 24 hours of receiving payment and typically continue until goals are met- IE optimising the clients website pages, or achieving positive change in the Google search engine for the clients websites.

- How is the service provided (venue/platform)?
We obtain work through various channels, including but not limited to referrals (given from existing customers), Skype, Freelancer.com, and large webmasters communities including the likes of DigitalPoint.com and Namepros.com. All of these are very reputable. Furthermore, as hinted at above, we soon hope to be providing the service through our limited companies website, which is not yet online/live. (xxxxxx.co.uk).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Fully Verified Paypal - LIMITED - Rate My Response

IMO when you make significant changes to your business / paypal, you should try and start a new PayPal account, otherwise this is the sort of issue PayPal will throw at you as they don't seem to like drastic changes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
UKGiftWarranty (08-05-2016)
Old 08-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks, I've already planned ahead and refunded payments to my trusted buyers who have since resent payment directly to my bank. Thankfully the limitation allows me to refund past payments.
Old 08-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
p.s don't boast about being certified by google to try and tempt noobs into buying chit, anyone can get certified easily enough
I'm an official partner, there's a little bit of a difference.

Appreciate the response though. Wish me luck!
Old 08-05-2016
Threadstarter  

They've emailed back asking me to phone them with the information, so will do so tomorrow morning... hopefully my sales patter can build a lil rapport and charm my way through.
Old 08-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Good Luck! I feel being confident and in control of the conversation helps a lot.
UKGiftWarranty (08-05-2016)
Old 08-06-2016
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: Spoke to them just now, got through to limitations department and controlled the call well. He reviewed the info I sent there and then, stating it was very in depth and he saw absolutely no issues with the account, however it still needs to be passed to the guideline reviews department. So basically, whilst at first it looked good, all I've basically been given is a (probably worthless) opinion of a customer service rep.

Hasn't done anything for my confidence. Means the person make the decision is unlikely to speak to me over the phone and I'm relying entirely on the information being read and approved.

Pessimistic.
The Following User Says Thank You to UKGiftWarranty For This Useful Post:
qmaster2016 (09-16-2016)
Old 08-09-2016
Threadstarter  

Boom! 2 phone calls required on top but the base of the content i submitted in PDF ofrmat got them on side. Heavy weight lifted, and it's woken me up to obtain other accounts & explore other payment processors, too.

Quote:
Dear XXXXXXXXX,

We have completed our review, and as you have completed all the required steps, we have restored your account.

We would also like to thank you for your patience and cooperation during this process.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Last edited by UKGiftWarranty; 08-09-2016 at 01:00 PM.
defon (09-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Awesome news, well done!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
UKGiftWarranty (08-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016
Threadstarter  

I now fear this account is burnt... almost a month later to the day and they've slapped with another limitation, this time enquiring about specific transactions & supplier info etc. I've uploaded comprehensive documents just like I did previously but I fear this is going to be a recurring theme with this account even if I survive this round.. frustrating as the account is well in excess of 2 years old.
qmaster2016 (09-16-2016)
Old 09-09-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Unfortunately that is sometimes the way it is.

If you manage to get it restored again, I would give it a cooling off period before using it again.
Old 09-09-2016

Longevity: 73%
Send a message via Skype™ to defon

I have seen this with services alot. Sad, PP doesn't seem like a good solution for non physical products IMO.
Old 09-09-2016

Longevity: 44%

Thats nice that u get the account back
if i need assitance in my limited paypal then i will take your help dear
The Following User Says Thank You to Mackrony For This Useful Post:
qmaster2016 (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Permanently limited due to a "high risk business model", supposedly.
Fortunately I have 3 accounts as backup but all currently subject to 7 day service holds and 72 hour withdrawals.. lets hope this doesn't last too long!
Old 09-16-2016

Longevity: 44%

It was actually inevitable the minute you first got limited, they don't and will never like digital services being rendered through PayPal from what they see as 'the small guys'.

Unfair all in all.