eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How do i remove bank account from PP? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/100540-how-do-i-remove-bank-account-pp.html)

NewYork 10-24-2016 05:38 PM

How do i remove bank account from PP?

I want to remove my bank account from PP, but it will only let me REPLACE it with one. Is there any trick to getting this request to go through...?

JamesNorth101 10-24-2016 05:40 PM

Re: How do i remove bank account from PP?

The first thing to ask really is what is the reason for wanting to remove it and does the account have any sort of limitation?

NewYork 10-24-2016 06:29 PM

It was limited, but it was restored. But I've lost faith in it now, and would like to keep the BA, not close it, but for me to relax I want it off of pp.

BiN4RY 10-24-2016 06:29 PM

There's really no point to remove a bank account to be honest. The bank information is stored permanently in Paypal's database, even if you "removed" it from your account settings. Additionally, any bank account that was previously added to any paypal account cannot be used with another paypal account, even if you manage to remove it.

The most reliable thing you can do is to close the actual bank account with your bank.

smithg57 10-24-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 808191)
There's really no point to remove a bank account to be honest. The bank information is stored permanently in Paypal's database, even if you "removed" it from your account settings. Additionally, any bank account that was previously added to any paypal account cannot be used with another paypal account, even if you manage to remove it.

The most reliable thing you can do is to close the actual bank account with your bank.

I am not sure if I agree with this statement. About 3-4 years ago, one of my stealth ebay accounts was permanently limited and, as a result, I removed the bank account and then closed the PP account right after that. I was able to re-use the same bank account with another stealth PP account a couple of months later. I don't remember how I went about removing the bank account but I definitely know that I closed the PP account, as it was useless to me without the stealth ebay account.

BiN4RY 10-24-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithg57 (Post 808210)
I am not sure if I agree with this statement. About 3-4 years ago, one of my stealth ebay accounts was permanently limited and, as a result, I removed the bank account and then closed the PP account right after that. I was able to re-use the same bank account with another stealth PP account a couple of months later. I don't remember how I went about removing the bank account but I definitely know that I closed the PP account, as it was useless to me without the stealth ebay account.

My post assumes an account stays open or limited. Closing your account does allow you to add the bank to another account, but I can't guarantee that would be safe in the longer run.

rsot 10-24-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithg57 (Post 808210)

Not sure about reusing the bank account EVEN if you get past the PP trip flags...

Lars 10-25-2016 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYork (Post 808180)
I want to remove my bank account from PP, but it will only let me REPLACE it with one. Is there any trick to getting this request to go through...?

I have had success calling PayPal and having them remove it, but it could be a bit hit and miss.

spindoctor 10-25-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lars (Post 808243)
I have had success calling PayPal and having them remove it, but it could be a bit hit and miss.

Shouldn't be hit and miss, they should always remove it. If you phone up and say to them i am no longer the owner of that bank account, it should be removed. "that bank account has been closed"

They can't keep it on if it's officially closed. So it should be very easy to remove an account on the phone.

smithg57 10-28-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 808218)
My post assumes an account stays open or limited. Closing your account does allow you to add the bank to another account, but I can't guarantee that would be safe in the longer run.

Well, it is been 3-4 years and it is still working.

applebaum 11-06-2016 11:39 AM

Try switching to the Classic View or Classic Site. More functionality, you may be able to manage it there.