Absolute nightmare Ebay transaction with Paypal! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-26-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Angry Absolute nightmare Ebay transaction with Paypal!

I have been using ebay on same account, same bank and home address since 2009. I have sold a lot of high value items, but hadn't sold for a year.

Few weeks earlier I had sold an item for £85.00. No problems the payment went through immediately.

I then sold another product, higher value sold at 274.00 this time paypal wanted to keep the money for 21 days. I said that I wasn't happy about this, it wasn't try before you buy. I was worried as it was listed as mint condition. Also, I didn't now have money for postage. I noted that the buyer lived in my city. So, despite I am female, I agreed to take the product to the buyers house (a guy).

I said I would refund the money to the buyer (risk for me, as i had a good price for sale) and he could pay me in cash. I sent back initially the postage to ensure that the money would go through to him. 8.00 went through no problem. So I sent 100 and checked that this went through. Buyer said no it hadn't. I called Paypal who said that they were 'holding' the money?

No reason for this. They refused to give the buyer back his money so he could pay me in cash (I still would have paid ebay fees). Embarrassed I agreed to sell item to the buyer for 250 rather than 274 it sold for. I dropped the product off at his house.

I was told if he left good feedback I would be paid. He did. They refused to pay me. They also refused to send back the money to the buyer, who now owed me 76 of the 100 returned money.

I called Ebay numerous times, and was told that they would release the money to me in 3 weeks. I said you can see by emails and the feedback buyer is happy with the product. Why would you do this? Eventually I got them to pay me a week later. But there was still 100 outstanding. Paypal refused to return to this to the buyer., I had to trust that the buyer was a good guy and would pay me the shortfall.

Weeks passed, paypal would only say that the transaction had gone through my side. Eventually today I spoke to a manager, who told me that buyer had received payment on 19th. Buyer said that he hadn't. I call paypal again, they say that he has. Go back to buyer who has to call paypal. His money was sent to a private part of paypal where the buyer couldn't see it. Buyer sends me the difference - only it doesn't get to me - paypal holds it again.

FINALLY EVENTUALLY weeks later I am paid. For an item, that was delivered by hand. I was held to ransom by ebay and paypal. It has put me off ever selling on ebay again. Nightmare.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!