eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Something New With "Instant Confirm" Bank Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/100880-something-new-instant-confirm-bank-account.html)

wtfebay 11-06-2016 03:20 AM

Something New With "Instant Confirm" Bank Account

Was adding bank account to Paypal a little bit ago and went to "instant confirm" it. Well, after providing the login details, it pulled up a whole list of accounts that I have with the bank. The list had boxes next to them, and you have to check off the box next to the account that you want to add. This was nerve-racking to say the least and I felt very uneasy about it. It wasn't like this before when you chose the instant confirm option...

Nyco 11-06-2016 05:34 AM

Re: Something New With "Instant Confirm" Bank Account

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 810508)
Was adding bank account to Paypal a little bit ago and went to "instant confirm" it. Well, after providing the login details, it pulled up a whole list of accounts that I have with the bank. The list had boxes next to them, and you have to check off the box next to the account that you want to add. This was nerve-racking to say the least and I felt very uneasy about it. It wasn't like this before when you chose the instant confirm option...

LOL yea its a new thing in paypal for instant verification on checking accounts.. Whats so nerve wrecking about it? lol just go down the small list find the last 4 digits of your checking account number &&& click the box next to it. then click enter.. not very nerve wrecking for me! :coffee:

rsot 11-06-2016 06:12 AM

Which bank?

Bloodyebay 11-06-2016 08:24 AM

are you trying etrade bank account?

fox20c 11-06-2016 09:58 AM

Ive been seeing this for years. If there is more than one account associated with the login info then it will list them all and you just have to choose which account you would like to add. Its as simple as that, no big deal.

BigCJ 11-06-2016 10:51 AM

In my experience, that isnt good...It usually means for me that the account would soon be limited because they came in the same 'batch' which paypal catches up to sooner rather than later.

wtfebay 11-06-2016 10:58 AM

It's not that it was hard checking off the box for the account that I wanted to add....it's the fact that all of the accounts popped up, and some of those are used on other PP accounts currently. No, I didn't click one of the other accounts by accident or anything...but seeing all of them pop up makes me think twice on whether or not they will link accounts together.

slokor 11-06-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 810554)
Ive been seeing this for years. If there is more than one account associated with the login info then it will list them all and you just have to choose which account you would like to add. Its as simple as that, no big deal.

Agreed 100%. Same as my experience. Been doing it for years and never had an issue.

slokor 11-06-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 810560)
In my experience, that isnt good...It usually means for me that the account would soon be limited because they came in the same 'batch' which paypal catches up to sooner rather than later.

Not sure what you mean.
This has nothing to do with any 'batch' and definitely nothing to do with any pending limitation.

slokor 11-06-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 810562)
It's not that it was hard checking off the box for the account that I wanted to add....it's the fact that all of the accounts popped up, and some of those are used on other PP accounts currently. No, I didn't click one of the other accounts by accident or anything...but seeing all of them pop up makes me think twice on whether or not they will link accounts together.

The bank verification is actually carried out by a third party member - not paypal themselves. Paypal does NOT have access to this info and you cannot get linked this way. I speak from years of experience on this.

Sapientis 11-06-2016 11:46 AM

Yeah theres an easy way to bypass that. Dont select the actual bank, instead select "other bank" then put in the account information and then instant confirm.

slokor 11-06-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapientis (Post 810584)
Yeah theres an easy way to bypass that. Dont select the actual bank, instead select "other bank" then put in the account information and then instant confirm.

Very true.
That's actually how I usually do things.

NewYork 11-10-2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapientis (Post 810584)

VERY handy to know about this, and I'm going to try it. But having said that, I'd also like to confirm I've just been choosing the bank from the list that pops up and while it worried/worries me too, I've been doing that for over a year and never once had any issue either.