eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How/Should I Upgrade to Business PayPal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/100974-how-should-i-upgrade-business-paypal.html)

Emporium 11-09-2016 12:13 PM

How/Should I Upgrade to Business PayPal?

So my friend let me use his eBay & PayPal accounts (I know, I know, not good). I have been selling for a little bit and probably wont get any tax papers on it this year but just to be safe I registered an LLC and got an EIN to use on it. I have not yet added any of this new info to PayPal and currently only use the LLC name (not with LLC at the end) on eBay. My plan is to use this account for now until I get a few bigger accounts to move my items onto (or if this could be a long term account I would prefer that but I'm not sure it could be).

So when I go to PayPal and click the upgrade to business account link it shows this.
https://s18.postimg.org/46mv1faeh/image1.jpg
My questions are:

Should I fill this in or make a new PayPal completely then link it to the eBay?
What info should be real and what info should be stealth?
Can I ever get the eBay account completely out of my friend's name? (i.e. say he hold me or a stealth person his LLC which included the eBay account).
Would he then be able to make a new personal eBay? (he doesn't want to yet, just curious)

phaz0rz 11-09-2016 06:38 PM

Re: How/Should I Upgrade to Business PayPal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emporium (Post 811107)

My questions are:

Should I fill this in or make a new PayPal completely then link it to the eBay?
What info should be real and what info should be stealth?
Can I ever get the eBay account completely out of my friend's name? (i.e. say he hold me or a stealth person his LLC which included the eBay account).
Would he then be able to make a new personal eBay? (he doesn't want to yet, just curious)

I don't want to do the mega-post multi-quote thing, but here's my $.02.
1) I always upgrade personal accounts to business accounts
2) When Paypal asks for business details, I give them all stealth info which matches what the account was made with
3) I don't know. If you convert both the Ebay and Paypal to business accounts, then I think your LLC would be the sole responsible party. I'd wait for other input on that one.
4) I don't see why not, as long as he's never given his SSN to paypal. Giving the same SSN on multiple Paypal accounts is the ONLY way I've ever been linked.

Emporium 11-10-2016 12:03 AM

Very much appreciated phaz0rz

likefrasers 11-10-2016 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 811181)
I don't want to do the mega-post multi-quote thing, but here's my $.02.
1) I always upgrade personal accounts to business accounts
2) When Paypal asks for business details, I give them all stealth info which matches what the account was made with
3) I don't know. If you convert both the Ebay and Paypal to business accounts, then I think your LLC would be the sole responsible party. I'd wait for other input on that one.
4) I don't see why not, as long as he's never given his SSN to paypal. Giving the same SSN on multiple Paypal accounts is the ONLY way I've ever been linked.

As I know, PayPal allows one person has two accounts. Correct me if i'm wrong.