eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal is now requesting a SSN but...... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/10143-paypal-now-requesting-ssn-but.html)

KingRay 03-25-2009 08:10 PM

Paypal is now requesting a SSN but......

I get an email today saying that they sometimes see activity that triggers them to have to confirm the SSN on the account. Heres my problem. I think I used my dads SSN since he had me use his CC when setting it up long ago. I really dont remember. Wouldnt I have had to use his ssn if I used his card back then?? if that is the case then I wont have a problem and will just give his to them. I just wanted to know what you guys thought before I make a mistake.

Thanks for any help on this.

I was actually thinking about this and I really dont think I have ever given a SSN to paypal on any of my older suspended accounts either. just bank information on them when they asked. with that said, my name is the same as my dads with the exception of the middle initial. SHould I just give them mine or go with his? either way I just need to know what someone else has to say. Thanks again.

ebaykilla 03-26-2009 06:41 AM

don't give them your ss number. make a new paypal account instead.

KingRay 03-26-2009 08:46 PM

Why not. I am pretty sure I can just use it if they get it and there is like $100 bucks in there. Its not a stealth account. Its an older one with 3200 feedback from 1999. when I got suspended from ebay the reason was that I needed to take care of this with paypal. Talk about connected. Anyway. why. Just want to know.

ebaykilla 03-27-2009 06:56 AM

Giving dirtbags like paypal your SS# is just not a good idea. Call them, be nice, tell them you are not comfortable giving it out since they are not a bank, if they fret, ask for a manager, ask for some other way to pass this requirement. You stand a good chance given the history of the account to bypass the ss number. I would start my convo with them and tell them that you are a 10 year customer and never did anything wrong so you want to find out what you can to other than give out your ss number to de-limit your account. If you do something wrong, like give a bad SS number (if it dose not match the account details), you will never get the account back.

aking 03-27-2009 06:57 AM

i would never give them my SSN. Just make a new account.

KingRay 03-31-2009 03:11 PM

Not giving them a SSN has locked up my paypal and ebay accounts. They state that I need to adress the problems with my paypal account before they will lift my suspension. They said that I should look at the "abusing ebay" rules to understand this. I sell aviation related items and never have done anything illegal according to them. had some late packages and people filed claims but they all have been taken care of and dropped.

so you guys say I should just chuck a 10yr old paypal account and lose my ebay over it? there has to be a better way.

ebaykilla 03-31-2009 05:37 PM

you could loose it if you give the wrong ss number and it dose not match up. did you call paypal and attempt to escalate the matter to a manager? i would never give paypal my ss number. i simply do not trust them. the age of the account clearly dose not matter because as you see they limit or suspend you regardless. start over is my advise. i have been using ebay for 9 years and in my professional opinion, you will be better served to dump the account if a manager will not reverse the ss requirement. ask yourself...why do they NEED that number after all of this time...i dose not make sense. paypal is funny and you do not want them doing you dirty one day and messing with your credit.

ebayfiredme 04-01-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 81050)
Not giving them a SSN has locked up my paypal and ebay accounts. They state that I need to adress the problems with my paypal account before they will lift my suspension. They said that I should look at the "abusing ebay" rules to understand this. I sell aviation related items and never have done anything illegal according to them. had some late packages and people filed claims but they all have been taken care of and dropped.

so you guys say I should just chuck a 10yr old paypal account and lose my ebay over it? there has to be a better way.

Dude,

don't give them that number:shhh:! Give it to them if you have 50k locked up not a $100.00.

Tell them you are not comfortable giving the number up period. If its a hundred bucks they really have nothing to argue with on their end on potential loss which is what they always tried to tell me numerous times I got locked up.