eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How can I see if there is an hold on my paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/102423-how-can-i-see-if-there-hold-my-paypal.html)

pannagirl 01-06-2017 11:10 AM

How can I see if there is an hold on my paypal?

Hi

How can I see if there is an hold on my paypal account?

And another question.
One person is trying to pay me via the services method. But he couldn't pay me.
What can be the reason for this?

vetus 01-06-2017 11:14 AM

Re: How can I see if there is an hold on my paypal?

By receiving a payment - there isn't a noticeable 'indicator' to let you know there is holds.
Usually if it's a new PayPal account 95% of the time you will have holds.

Ebayorbust 01-06-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

One person is trying to pay me via the services method. But he couldn't pay me.
It is more likely a security issue with the sender's account as opposed to yours.

These errors "we can't send your payment at this time" etc are generated to reduce Paypal's exposure to money laundering. If the person tries to send a smaller amount in a few days time it may well go through.

sunny day 01-06-2017 11:55 AM

- can know by notification email you receive from paypal .. they inform you you received payment also inforn you if it is on hold ..
- you can know by word " available " beside your balance
- you can know by trying withdraw the balance ... if any hold there paypal will reject your withdraw informing you available amount you can withdraw ..

JamesNorth101 01-06-2017 12:43 PM

Get a payment into the account. If they hold it then you have holds. If they don't congrats you don't have holds :)

The person trying to pay you. Is their account brand new?

easy.bake.oven 01-06-2017 08:27 PM

If the payment you receive goes into hold, it will say it next to the payment and also on your main paypal summery screen.

Paypal have 2 types of hold.

Internal holds and external holds.

This info is a bit technical but here it goes:

If you are on a personal pp account you can goto your main summary screen and click on the payment that is on hold. Then click the 'classic site' option.

On the classic page there is a way of telling what type of hold it is.
It is not obvious to see, but there are a few 'indicators' on that page that can help identify if the hold is internal or external.

If the paypal is a business account there is a different 'indicator' which can be seen on the main summary page.

cool.jeans 06-14-2017 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven (Post 822593)
If the payment you receive goes into hold, it will say it next to the payment and also on your main paypal summery screen.

Paypal have 2 types of hold.

Internal holds and external holds.

This info is a bit technical but here it goes:

If you are on a personal pp account you can goto your main summary screen and click on the payment that is on hold. Then click the 'classic site' option.

On the classic page there is a way of telling what type of hold it is.
It is not obvious to see, but there are a few 'indicators' on that page that can help identify if the hold is internal or external.

If the paypal is a business account there is a different 'indicator' which can be seen on the main summary page.

What might these "indicators" look like? As someone who has not seen both types I have no basis for comparison. Id love to see a screenshot of the differences if someone has some handy.